you there, me there

Night of shooting stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My laughing fit lasted very, very long. In the meantime I feared that either my stomach would burst at any moment, it already started to hurt or I would keel over at any moment due to lack of oxygen. Fortunately, however, neither of these things happened, and after I was able to recover to some extent - which I managed more badly than well - I wiped a tear of laughter from the corner of my eye.

 

»Haaach…«, a final sound came out of my throat. But this very sound made me break out again into resounding laughter. It was enough to drive me crazy. Meanwhile my brain had completely quit its service and set itself on stand by. I didn't really know anymore what the actual trigger for this almost crazy laughter had been.

 

I also hardly noticed the shocked faces of my classmates, who gave me uncomprehending looks from all sides, and the words that apparently left Jisoo's mouth I couldn't understand either. She probably asked me what was so funny, or if I was not feeling well. But I just didn't hear them, I only saw opening, only to close again immediately afterwards - like a fish. 

 

I wanted to control myself, to catch myself again - honestly! -, but again a wave of amusement took possession of me at this sight, which overflowed and left my mouth in the form of loud laughing noises. Suddenly I felt a hand resting on my thigh, obviously wanting to shake me to consciousness. 

 

However, exactly the opposite happened: I had to think of Mr. Lee's artificial laughter, the supposed thigh knocker, and the reason for it all: Oh Sehun, who, as soon as he started to speak, seemed to me like the greatest unsympathetic person ever. But I didn't really know exactly where this exaggerated rejection to him came from. I mean, I hadn't even been given the opportunity to get to know him better. So why did I suddenly react so strangely? that was anything but me! 

 

What if he was even the lovablest person in the world and hadn't really meant his words and that giggle? What if his behaviour simply reminded me too much of that of my mother and I had judged him too hastily because of that? Maybe... yeah, maybe...

 

»I prefer to work alone.« Sehun's angel's voice suddenly penetrated my head as if through cotton wool. I almost choked on my own spit, because I had to inhale much too fast and much too violently. »He would only stand in my way.«, he continued unmoved. 

 

At once I straightened up straight as a candle, while my laughter got stuck in my throat. My hand, which had touched my leg until just now and belonged to Jisoo, slipped off and slammed against the edge of my chair. But I had no time for that now. Sehun's comment was much more important to me. I mean... how did he talk about me? as if I was crazy, insane, underexposed and just not quite right in the head anymore.

 

Admittedly, I didn't make the best impression with my insane laughter, but what did that think he was talking about me like that? Tz, I couldn't believe it. I thought that I might have judged him too hastily and were about to give him a second chance and then? Then he confirmed that the first impression was the right one after all - this new one was really just a jerk.

 

»I believe that if anyone is standing in the way of anyone here, it is you who are standing in my way.« I promptly replied and blew my breath noisily through my nose. Sehun raised an eyebrow in the most provocative way and now also straightened up to his full size, while he gave me an icy cold look - and was much taller than me. Who was he trying to impress, the ice princess.

 

»Oh, yeah?«, it came from him bored. Unconsciously, I clenched my hands in fists. »I'm sorry, but I couldn't care less about your opinion.«, he countered dismissively, which made me flush with rage. Lucky, I thought, lucky that Jisoo was still between us, because at that moment my fuses are blown. I wanted nothing more than to let this jerk make acquaintance with my fist and beat his smug grin out of his face. My fingers were already itching.

 

However, and in retrospect this was the smartest thing I could do, even though it was very difficult - after all, I was not keen on being expelled from school on the first day. I just threw my angriest, deepest look at him until suddenly Mr. Lee interfered in this whole thing.

 

»That's enough.«, he shouted as he looked directly at me. His face showed nothing but complete disbelief, which suddenly made me feel several centimetres shorter. »I really don't know what that was all about.«, he finally continued calmly, closing his eyes and pressing the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger. »But Baekhyun, I'm really disappointed in you.«

 

With one blow my anger disappeared into thin air.

 

Instead, horror took hold of me. My heart was pounding against my chest and my stomach suddenly felt as if my intestines were on a roller coaster. Damn, the whole class had witnessed that! I suddenly remembered, causing my whole body to freeze suddenly. 

 

For a long time I could not resist the haunting looks that the assembled class gave me and looked ashamedly to the ground. My knees softened like butter when I realized the extent of the past minutes. Damn! Damn it! Was I really out of my mind? I asked myself, stunned. What in heaven's name had suddenly come over me, that I had put on such a show? Ridiculous, just ridiculous, that was it. !

 

Suddenly I felt so ashamed that I either wanted to sink into the ground or imagined waking up from a bad dream at any moment. But as it happens, nothing like that happened. Would have been too good to be true. Instead, the heat shot me in the face. While I plucked at the hem of my black blazer - my head still lowered - I feverishly tried to find a solution. 

 

What should I have said now to defuse this situation? Was I still able to do that at all, or was it already too late for that and I had become the lau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter