Phenomenal catastrophal

Night of shooting stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beep. Beep. Beep.

 

I turned off my alarm clock, which showed me two minutes past eight in bright red digits, before I drove tiredly through my tousled hair. I sat up sluggishly, no one could stand the early morning buzz! My bed creaked softly as I rose with a sigh and stretched my tired limbs. The difference in temperature between the pleasantly warm ceiling and the rather cool air in the room was immediately noticeable and made me shiver. 

 

I rubbed over my arms, stretched myself once briefly and yawned heartily as I walked barefoot through my room and disappeared into the adjoining bathroom. Grumpy looking and with dishevelled hair that resembled a neglected bird's nest, I stared at my reflection before I reached for my white-green striped toothbrush and generously spread toothpaste on it. Actually there was no reason to be in a bad mood, it crossed my mind when I was brushing my teeth and staring holes in the air. 

 

After all, today was Friday and so the time had finally come to put into practice the diabolical plan I had devised for Sehun. I spat out of the toothpaste, rinsed it properly with water and then looked at myself again in the mirror. White teeth flashed cheekily towards me now, as did light brown eyes, in which a fire of anticipation and malicious joy sparkled. In no time at all I washed my face, which I creamed afterwards, and tried to tame my hair with a comb. 

 

Then I took off my baggy pink sleeping T-shirt, which was up to my knees, and slipped into the freshly ironed school uniform that our housekeeper had put on my dresser in the bathroom last night. Satisfied with the result, I smiled in the mirror. Let's go! After I had grabbed my shoulder bag and put on my Sneakers, I left home without saying a word, after all there was nobody to say goodbye to anyway. 

 

I could only guess where Mom was, but with Dad I knew: He had flown to Los Angeles again to cleverly market his latest film, which I had attended the premiere of in L.A. and he directed, and to make it appealing to people on the other side of the world, so that they visited the cinemas in large numbers. At least he contacted me every day to give me a sign of life and ask me how my day was. Mum hardly ever did that.

 

»Good morning, baby.« Jisoo greeted me when I arrived at the wrought-iron gate that stood in front of the school after a ten-minute walk. She made an attempt to kiss me, but I turned my head to the side so that her lips only touched my cheek. »Good morning.«, I replied, grinning at her embarrassed.

»You….«, she started, but was interrupted by Sooyoung, who ran towards us like an excited chick, waving like a madwoman. 

 

»Good morning, Baekhyunie! Morning, Jisoo.«, she greeted us after she was out of breath. »Do you have any plans for tonight?«, I looked at her first, then at Jisoo questioningly. She shrugged her shoulders. »Why?«, I wanted to know. »There's supposed to be a shooting star shower today.« »Yeah, I've heard about that.« »And El Dorado's having a singles party called 'Make a wish'.« She winked. 

 

»Soo...?« I asked, pointing alternately at Jisoo and me. »You know, that we both...« »Yes, yes.«, she waved. »You can still come. Seulgi will be there too. I'll persuade Sungjae to come too.« She seemed to be passionate about the idea. But I couldn't blame her, it being Friday. »Persuade.« Jisoo coughed quietly and conspicuously behind her hand. »Yes, persuade.« Sooyoung said. »So... are you coming?« 

 

She looked at me. Why not, I thought before I nodded. After all, I could certainly treat myself to something if I carried out my plan regarding Sehun. This would be a good end to a successful day, wouldn't it? »I don't know if I can make it.« Jisoo suddenly said, whereupon she received a confused look from my girlfriend and me. »Today I have training.« »But certainly not until late at night.« Sooyoung said with her eyebrows raised. 

 

»Well.«, it came from my Girlfriend stretched out while she scratched her nose in embarrassment. »I'm expecting company afterwards.« I see. When did she start beating around the bush? It wasn't like her! And what was that scratching on her nose all about? »Oh yeah, who?« Sooyoung said my thoughts out loud.

Jisoo suddenly seemed more jittery than usual as she hurriedly took a look at her watch. »I'll tell you later. I have something to do. Bye.« He left us standing while he steered with huge steps towards the school building. 

 

A cool breeze blew my hair. »What. Was. That?« Sooyoung stressed every word one by one after Jisoo was out of earshot. All I could do was frown. »I wonder, too.«, I mumbled and watched my Girlfriend. I had a bad feeling, which I could not name. Who did she meet with - at night? And why was she in such a hurry all of a sudden? This behaviour was truly... atypical. Should I been worried? I looked at my girlfriend again and almost laughed at my thoughts. 

 

Nonsense, I calmed down, we talking about Jisoo! The worst thing that could happen to her was to wear two different coloured socks. Or having his last bite of food snatched from under his nose. So there was no reason to panic. I shook my head when I suddenly noticed a familiar silhouette out of the corner of my eye and so I turned my attention to it. Sehun was about to turn away some girls from the parallel class who obviously wanted to get him involved in a conversation.

 

He tried to ignore them, was always one step ahead of them, but they pursued him and did not let up. Damn, what would I have given to see his annoyed look! Inside I rubbed my hands - like a sneaky fly - because I knew that today I was sure to get the chance to do so, while amusedly looking at my girlfriend.

»What is it?«, she asked me, whereupon I innocently shrugged my shoulders.

»Nothing. Today is a great day, don't you think?«, I whispered, hooked onto her and entered the school building with her.

 

Arriving at the lockers, my eyes immediately found the jerk, who was jolting violently at his locker door. Behind him stood his pursuers and chatted so loudly that their annoyingly high voices were probably still heard on the second floor. I stood next to Sehun, opened my locker and took my time taking out and putting in my books. »I'll be right there.«, I said to Sooyoung, who was waiting for me meanwhile. »Go ahead.« »All right, see you soon.« 

 

Sooyoung's heels echoed twice as loud on the tile floor as she headed to our classroom, so that some of the students looked after her furtively. A loud sigh came from Sehun's direction. I took a deep breath and turned to him after my girlfriend's footsteps had faded away, but the incessant conversations of the girls behind the idiot were beginning to take my last nerve. »Sehunie?«, I began. »You remember, after school today, right? Just the two of us, alone...«

 

I winked playfully at him. The look he gave me was divine! Not to mention the girls behind him, whose chins made acquaintance with the floor while their features slipped away. Well, I thought amused, only I could ! So off. They did - after a short pause for breath - indeed. They ran straight past us, satisfied I closed my closet door. »Thank you.« I looked at Sehun. Did he really just...? »Did you say something?«, I asked to make sure. 

 

»Yes.« However, it did not seem that he would repeat it. I sighed. »Not for this.«, I said after a brief hesitation. They even got on my nerves. I stowed my chemistry book in my pocket and without further ado turned back at the heel to follow the same path that my best friend had chosen before. Still a little perplexed by Sehun's unexpected reaction I shook my head. But I certainly didn't let it put me off, after all, I still had a lot of plans with him. Grinning I entered the classroom.

 

12:58 - two minutes left until the long-awaited end of class. I listened with only half an ear to Mr. Kim's boring lecture, while I drew stars in my notebook, lost in thought. After the morning had proceeded only sluggishly and I had cursed the second hand of the clock, which was ticking much too slowly for my taste, I could only with difficulty hold back a laugh. My right foot bounced silently up and down. In my mind I went over my plan once more - could hardly wait - and then squinted at the clock. 12:59:20. Now my left foot started to bob as well. 12:59:45.

 

»On page 65, solve homework one through fiv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter