Chapter 3.1

Call You My Memory

CHAPTER 3.1

 

- Kim Junkyu-

- Stay still. Right before my eyes.

Junkyu his face then slowly opens the eyes. The whole body of him now is so wet that he cannot save it anymore; and Mashiho's leg seems to be hurt because the boy was pushed down too strongly at that time. All of the irritation converging at the same time pushes Junkyu's indignation to the highest level and his face is all red.

- Which son of the b**** did it?!

The surrounding atmosphere is quiet strangely.

- Ok, no one admit it. I dunno who came up with this damn prank today, but the best thing is not to let me know his face.

Junkyu looks at Mashiho then he goes on saying:

- I also tell you guys, from now on, anyone touching Takata Mashiho means doing the same thing with this Kim Junkyu.

The sound of discussions starts to explode and more and more spreads. That stir happens consistently behind Mashiho's back making him both headache, confused and scared. Junkyu has not taken his eyes off Mashiho for a long time. Turning the eyes toward Junkyu, Mashiho really wants to hide his trembling lips and say something but he cannot improve his empty mind.

- Don't look at me like that. Wasn't it enough when I became pitiful like this?

Hearing that, Mashiho hurriedly looks away. Junkyu can see ten fingers of the kid are clasping together. He knows Mashiho is worried and nervous but he really does not know what he can do to reassure Mashiho.

- Hey Kim Junkyu, you want to protect this fragile kid?

The disdainful tone of someone resounding in Mashiho's ears makes him as mad as hell. The hands are balling into fists but Mashiho forces himself to be calm and not to throw a punch. Although that guy was the one provoking Mashiho first, but now if Mashiho responds to him by violence, Mashiho will be punished more heavily.

Mashiho tries to dominate the outbreak of anger which is getting burned like a fire inside him, then he realizes his arm has been pulled towards Junkyu's side, suddenly.

Junkyu knits his brows when seeing the defiant and quizzical look from the opposite guy, but he does not know why he still can keep calm. Mashiho is standing by him, at a very near distance. So that is the reason?

- What if I wanted to protect him?

- Are you gay? Or biual?

Junkyu gives a half smile. This question was asked by a bad-breath guy too easily.

- Not your business.

- So do you dare to admit the reason you helped him receive a bucket full of water today?

- Let's go.

Mashiho shakes Junkyu's wrist to ask him to go. Mashiho does not want to stand here anymore. The feeling like having a strong emanation makes him unable to breathe.

- Because I like him.

Mashiho looks at Junkyu with his rolling eyes. The crowd goes wild again but Mashiho no longer hears what they are discussing clearly, his eyes only focus on Junkyu. Junkyu's face is calm but sharp as if he was very sure of what he just said. Feelings is not something people can joke. Mashiho quickly and strongly moves his hand off Junkyu's hand in front of Junkyu's quite astonished eyes.

- The joke was not fun.

- That's the truth.

- That isn't.

- Do you want me to prove it?

Junkyu runs his eyes over the crowd which is still in discussions, takes a breath then says out loud:

- Now listen carefully. Yes, I'm not a normal boy like many other ones. I'm Biual. But I'm not afraid of announcing my real condition anymore, because I'm not ashamed of myself.

Junkyu holds Mashiho's hand more tightly. His palm is all of a sweat.

- His appearance gave me motivation to live my real life. Perhaps in your eyes, Mashiho is just a fool, that he's like a lamb, not good at protesting against anything and being on the offensive with anyone; but in my eyes, in a school with full of damn bullies like this... he's very precious.

- Hey you-

- If there's anyone touching Mashiho, don't blame me.




.
.

Hearing Mashiho was bullied, Yoonbin goes to the row of classes where the issue came from. He did not believe in what his friend said that Jihoon - his lover - might be the one behind the plot because of having witnessed he cared about Mashiho many times. For all the statements Yoonbin hears, he always needs the proofs, and obviously finding out the proofs himself is the most effective way.


Suddenly seeing a group of people who are standing and talking to each others stealthy, and specially, there are some small puddles right under their legs, Yoonbin cannot stand still.

- Hey...

A too familiar face immediately appears at Yoonbin's sight - the one often goes by Jihoon's side these days, and now, he is opening wide his mouth and looking at Yoonbin.

- I know you. Are you Jihoon's friend, aren't you?

- I...

- Nah, I don't have to ask about it. I'll ask another question.

Yoonbin looks at the puddles and his brows slightly pull up.

- It hasn't rained, but why were there puddles right under your legs?

After that, Yoonbin comes nearer to the hand rail.

- Right on the school yard there's also a sodden space like this, you guys seemed to do something much fun.

- Yoonbin...

- Tell me. Who asked you guys to pour the water over Mashiho?

- ...

- Tell me!

The opposite person is panic by seeing Yoonbin's scary face but he still be stubborn and not tells the answer.

- That's Jihoon, right?

- ...

- Park Jihoon ordered you, right?

Yoonbin gives a crooked smile and laughs at the way he judges people. Right from the start, if he believed in what his friend said, he would not have to waste his saliva to question these as-mute-as-a-fish guys. Until the end, it turned out that there was only one answer.

- I finished my questions. Thank you.


 


.
.


- Jihoon

Yoonbin stops at the lab's door. Hearing Yoonbin's voice, Jihoon looks up and then feels very surprised. Obviously it is because Jihoon does not expect Yoonbin can find out him at this room.

- Do you know what has just happened outside?

Yoonbin carefully searches Jihoon's expression.

- I dunno.

- Your friend poured a bucket full of water over Mashiho.

Jihoon startles and stands up.

- My friend? Who?

- The guy named Kim.

Yoonbin holds Jihoon's wrist when Jihoon wants to run out.

- Where do you intend to go?

- I wanna see how it went.

Why Yoonbin feels like Jihoon is trying to run away? Because Yoonbin came here, Jihoon should have asked him about it directly.

- Don't go anywhere. Tell me.. Were you involved in that matter?

Jihoon stands still a few seconds then shakes his head unhesitantly.

- But that's your friend. And when I straightly asked him if you were involved in what happened, he didn't answer right away. If you weren't, why did he not admit?

- Are you doubting me?