Chapter 6.1

Call You My Memory

CHAPTER 6.1

 

It said that time flew very fast, but Mashiho could not feel it until today. His last school year in high school will soon be over and he must concentrate on studying for entering university. Actually, Mashiho has not been sure of his next goal already. He loves sport, photography and he also loves to travel to explore the world, but sometimes he just wants to be peaceful sitting in a company's office under an air conditioner. Sometimes Mashiho is bewilldered and he thinks about that after dropping his pen down, on a paper with serried handwriting. He does not want to worry, but since when he has begun to worry about his future - a future created by himself.

Mashiho stops his hand which is writing without a rest on a notebook's page. He stares at the phone ringing. A strange phone number.

- Hello

- Hey!

Mashiho rolls his eyes. He does not think he is mistaken because of being dreamy but this is exactly Kim Junkyu's voice.

- You know my phone number?

- Why not?

- How could you know?

- That's a secret.

Mashiho hears a quite scary laugh from Junkyu that makes him have goose bumps.

- I'm really tired now. And you, you don't study and in addition you call me.

- I've never studied.

Junkyu keeps rolling on the bed, raises his hand to open the adjacent drawer and looks at a few photos of Mashiho which he used his money to buy from a first-year girl this morning. Junkyu knows that little girl likes Mashiho, but the one who is closer to Mashiho is him, so is the girl going to jostle with him? By the way, it was not easy to possess these photos, Junkyu must entreat the girl so much that his tongue was about to be broken.

- It's up to you not to study, but I'm studying now.

- Go to bed early, kid.

Mashiho suddenly keeps silent.

- What's the matter?

- I remember you're always harsh.

- I'm only harsh to other people.

- Formerly you used to treat me rudely. I've never forgotten it.

Mashiho drags the chair towards the window, puts his chin on his palm and looks at the stars adorning a small corner of the city. Junkyu's voice is still resounding by Mashiho's ears and he is listening to Junkyu's every single statement, just abruptly he feels that the scenery tonight is beautiful more than he is expected. Kim Junkyu is not a bad guy and he is all the more not a guy enjoying bullying other people. How can Mashiho explain about Junkyu's characteristics? Junkyu may only need one person or a few people to let him lean on and live his real life, and wearing that strong and tough 'mask' made him too tired.

- I'm going to hit the sack.

- By the way, Mashi, I was given a new car. Would you like to hang out with me tomorrow night?

- I must go to the library.

- I'll drive you there and also pick you up later.

- Hey Kim Junkyu-

- Deal it

Mashiho has not answered already but Junkyu put the phone down.

Mashiho lets himself free-fall down on the bed. He is not afraid of dealing with Junkyu, but everytime he prepares for his protest, it seems to make him too miserable. That is all, Mashiho will follow what Junkyu needs. He will consider it is a thank-you because Junkyu has made friend with him.

.
.
.







Patiently waiting for Mashiho in front of the library's gate, Junkyu is no longer afraid of the eyes are on him. A rich young guy with a standard body and a handsome appearance stands next to a new shiny car, how can people not stare at him and comment about him? Junkyu also realizes some of the students wearing his school uniform, and they may get used to the fact that Kim Junkyu is rich so they do not care much about it.

- Why are you here?

Seeing Mashiho, the corners of Junkyu's lips naturally curves up. He quickly puts his arm around Mashiho's shoulder, pulls the kid close to him and then replies in a whisper.

- I said I'd pick you up.

- I said I didn't need it.

Mashiho quickly realizes that Junkyu's eyes are like a knife heading towards him.

- Can you diminish a few refusals?

- ...

- I'm sure that you're hungry. Let's go to eat.

 


.
.

Sitting opposite to each other in a luxurious French restaurant, both Mashiho and Junkyu shows their curiosity in front of the beautifully decorated dishes, but compared to Kim Junkyu who is very comfortable and excited, Mashiho much more hesitates. For a child who lives far from home like him, this meal is too luxurious.

Realizing that Mashiho has not hold the fork, Junkyu hurriedly places food on Mashiho's plate, more and more until the plate is full.

- Eat more

Mashiho is dumbfounded looking at his plate, there is too much meat on it.

- Hey, I'm trying to lose weight.

Despite of his assertion, Mashiho still starts pouring sauce and eating. Actually, he is very hungry now.

- No, you'll be more adorable when you look chubby like this. Do you want to be cooler with a skinny figure and hollow cheeks?

- No. I just want to be a bit thinner.

- You're afraid that if you're not like an oppa, a senpai or a shuai ke - just like the silly imagination of the girls who have a passion for romantic love stories, you'll be left on the shelf?

- ...

Junkyu laughs, raises his fingertip towards Mashiho's mouth then wiping the sauce sticking on the kid's face.

- You still have me.

Hearing to this, Mashiho is suddenly confused. He clears his throat slightly, glances away then bowing his head and slurping down a full tablespoon of soup as if he did not hear anything. Kim Junkyu has been strange lately, and of course, Mashiho is not familiar with the image of Junkyu being so gentle.

- What does that attitude mean? - Junkyu asks.

- I don't understand anything.

Mashiho does not want to keep his head up. He feels like he is being watched by the hawk-like eyes from the opposite side.

- Gradually you'll understand.

After saying that, Junkyu adds more food to Mashiho's plate.

- Fill yourself up. Don't be afraid of being fat.

- I don't eat anymore.

- Don't disobey Kim Junkyu. There'll be consequences you may never imagine.

Mashiho slightly says "shoo", but seeing Junkyu's face is frighteningly serious, he does not dare to speak up. This is a public place with lots of people, he had better not make Junkyu get crazy. Mashiho slowly eats every piece of meat Junkyu brought to him, every time he puts the food into his mouth, he looks up to observe Junkyu's expressions. Mashiho can only relieve his mind when he sees Junkyu smile in satisfaction.

- I'll pay the bill this time. - Mashiho says.

Grabbing the wallet in his pocket, Mashiho's hand is stopped by a large hand with its elongated fingers.

- I asked you not to worry about the payment. - Junkyu knits his brows. - As long as you hang out with me, money isn't a matter.

- I have no intention to marry your money, Mr. Kim.

- But you're allowed

Junkyu calls the waiter and pays for the meal, and his decisive actions after that make Mashiho gaped. Mashiho blinks looking at the bill having a lot of numbers then looking at 50,000 won withdrew from Junkyu's wallet. Mashiho decides to snatch the bill on the table before Junkyu leads him away.

- Consider that I owe you

- Mashiho, you don't owe me anything in this world.

Junkyu unexpectedly puts his hand on Mashiho's heart.

- Except this one