Chapter 6.2

Call You My Memory

- Yoonbin hyung, when will you come?

- I'll come right now. Your Jihoon hyung is badgering me.

- What did I badger you???

Doyoung bursts out laughing hearing the loud but cute quarrel between his two brothers from the other end of the line and feels that their relationship has been becoming better. In the past, the times they picked a quarrel with each other just because of trivial matters was a lot, but fortunately they have been together up to now, after a long time. Yoonbin hyung is psychological and he knows solving problems very cleverly.

- Youngie, I'm sorry. I can't come to meet you.

- So I...

- Another one'll pick you up.

- Yes???

Doyoung puts the phone down in bewilderment. This morning, Yoonbin hyung was clearly sure that he would come to meet Doyoung tonight and even said he had something needed discussing, but now Doyoung is left all alone. Stretching and standing up, Doyoung looks at his watch. He has sut on this chair for more than one hour and that was unbelievable.

- Doyoung...

There is someone's voice hesitantly calling Doyoung's name.

- ...

Yedam has come. Actually, Yedam must entreat Yoonbin with all his words to make Yoonbin abruptly cancel the appointment with Doyoung tonight so that he could appear and become an 'unintentional' driver for Doyoung. Yedam knows he may not be right when doing so, but Junkyu kept telling him to quickly apply this technique.

- Hmm... Yoonbin asked me to take you home.

Doyoung is so embarrassed that he does not know how to response. He keeps humming, his eyes look down and his fingertip unconsciously twists the lap. Is this really an accident?

- Hyung, please tell me the truth.

Yedam's face turns red.

- You... apparently knew something.

- I didn't. But Yoonbin hyung has never canceled an appointment abruptly like that.

Yedam is afraid to look straight. Then, he holds Doyoung's wrist and draws the kid back to the seat. Yedam orders two portions of drink and slowly tells Doyoung his plan which succeeded. Seeing Doyoung keep silent after listening to the story, Yedam suddenly wants to dig a hole and get down there.

- Hyung... Why do you like me?

- Just because I like you

Yedam decides to keep his head up.

- You're a lovely, gentle, warm and very intelligent child. You're talented too.

Starting to notice Doyoung from the moment he witnessed Doyoung's flashy dance moves on stage in the night of school's music festival, Yedam did not think his feelings could go this far. Everyday seeing Doyoung's bright smile when he was next to his friends or Yoonbin and Jihoon, Bang Yedam was no longer an iceberg hard to melt.

- But hyung... aren't you afraid that something will happen?

- What can happen?

- Like... like Yoonbin hyung and Junkyu hyung. Both of them were discussed because they liked boys.

- I'm not as famous as two of them.

Yedam wipes his nose to reduce tension, a strange habit he is 'infected' from Junkyu. He knows Doyoung is shy, but if he is more shy than that, everything will go nowhere.

- Can you be my friend?

- ...

- We can start our relationship from being friends. Don't think I like you anymore.

After a long hesitation, Doyoung nods. He smiles and actively reaches over Yedam to shake Yedam's hand. Seeing Yedam's arm tremble touching his hand, Doyoung suddenly feels a little excited. For him now, having one more friend means having more joy, and also, whatever come will come.





.
.
.




- Do you want to go somewhere else?

Mashiho shakes his head and leans his back on the chair. His study was done, his dinner was also finished, so now he only wants to go home and get some rest. Mashiho looks at Junkyu keeping control of the car and inwardly admires him for driving it so professionally when he is just in his twenties.

- I've heard that you used to drive to school.

- But then I was bored, so I no longer did it.

- Why?

- I hated others telling me that I was purse-proud.

Junkyu used to suffer a lot of bad reputation for spending money like paper and not respecting his parents' hard work. But in his mind, everything should be simplified, if his parents wanted to use material to make up for him, he would feel free to take everything. However, being discussed every day made Junkyu tired.

- So why are you using a car now?

- This car is for carrying you only.

Mashiho laughs.

- What are you laughing at?

- I don't want to receive it.

- But aren't you sitting on it now?

Junkyu gently rubs Mashiho's head then watches the kid sweep his hand over his hair, after that, Junkyu pinches Mashiho's cheek causing the kid to scream.

- Knock it off

- I haven't got you crazy for a long time.

- Can you be gentle like Yoonbin hyung?

Hearing about Yoonbin, Junkyu is a little heartbroken but he just says no.

- That's right. I don't know until when you can be like him. Yoonbin hyung is gifted, gentle and psychological, while you're just good at bullying others.

- Alright, kid.

- When are you gonna learn from Yoonbin hyung something, such as a bit of sophistication and gentleness? You two are friends.

- I don't need to learn from anyone.

Junkyu suddenly pulls over to the curb and brakes quickly that make Mashiho surprised, so the kid knows that he has just made Junkyu mad.

- Get off

Mashiho can only look at Junkyu, he is unable to answer.

- I said get off the car

- ... OK. Take care on your way home.

Watching Mashiho leave, Junkyu screams like a mad man, he hits his forehead repeatedly against the steering wheel until he realizes his head is dizzy and a part of his forehead skin is bleeding. He has always wanted to be a good boy whom Mashiho would respect, admire and be able to love rather than a Yoonbin's copy. How much is Ha Yoonbin so perfect that this Kim Junkyu can not replace him in Mashiho's eyes?!

Two drops of water stop halfway at the bottom of his eyes, Junkyu hastily wipes them away. Did it turn out that he was really wrong? He was wrong for making a bad impression on Mashiho from the beginning. Thinking so, Junkyu smirks at himself. However, Yoonbin's personalities will never reluctantly exist in Junkyu. He will still be an "one of a kind" Kim Junkyu who wants to be by Mashiho's side and take care of the kid by his own way.