Chapter 5.1

Call You My Memory

CHAPTER 5.1

 

Jihoon manages to sit up as slowly as possible not to make Yoonbin wake up. He feels both moved and guilty, and he thinks he should not have fainted before Yoonbin's eyes because it would give more annoyance to Yoonbin.

“I'm sometimes jealous of someone for no reason, so it's your place not to trust me that day. Sorry for slapping your face, and maybe breaking up was the best way for you when you could leave me.”

- Park Jihoon...

Jihoon is startled then looking at Yoonbin. It turns out that he is talking in sleep.

- You silly, don't do it.

- ...

- No!

Yoonbin panics and sits up like a spring. Seeing Jihoon's round eyes staring at him, Yoonbin gives a sigh with relief. That turned to be a nightmare in daylight.

- Yoonbin, you called my name...

- As long as you're alright

- Did you see me commit suicide?

- If someday you continue to joke about your life like that, I'll ignore you.

Yoonbin cannot suppress his testiness but he still holds Jihoon's hand tightly.

- I'll stay here with you until you fully recover.

- Let go of my hand, Yoonbin.

- I won't. You're on a high floor. Who knows what are you going to do?

Jihoon turns away because of being sheepish. It is so strange when his heart still throbs like the first day he was by Yoonbin's side.

- I won't do that anymore. I'm sorry.

Hearing that, Yoonbin nods his head. He stands up, pours a gruel pack in the bowl and asks with his monotonous voice:

- Why have you not eaten for days?

- I.. I didn't want to eat.

- Do you think it's good to go on hunger strike?

After that, Yoonbin puts the bowl of gruel on Jihoon's hand.

- Eat this one. You're no longer a kid.

- Yoonbin... Between I and Mashiho, who do you prefer?

- Don't ask me.

- It's hard to anwer, right?

Jihoon stirs gruel. He is still in no mood for eating, also, he has not added anything into his stomach for days so he seemed to get used to it.

- It's not hard.

Yoonbin sits down by Jihoon.

- I just don't wanna say, because someone'll be high and mighty.

- High and mighty?

- If he knows that I like, even really like him, he'll be high and mighty because he's very proud of himself.

Jihoon tries to place himself in Yoonbin's situation to understand what Yoonbin said but he still does not understand. Is it because he is too slow in understanding or what Yoonbin said was too deep?

- What do you mean after all?

- There's been only one person up to now. It's you.

Jihoon immediately stops stirring gruel.

- I was only stuck in a moment with Mashiho but I mistook that my affection for him was too great. I made three of us tired.

- So, why did you break up with me unhesitantly just because of Mashiho's matter?

- Jihoon, I broke up with you not because you were wrong, but because I was no worth to be by your side anymore.

- Why?

- I made you sad.

- No, I wasn't sad.

- Just tell me the truth.

Keeping silent for awhile, Jihoon nods his head as an admission.

- But breaking up with you made me sadder than that. I didn't wanna lose you.

- …

- I also didn't do it... I wasn't involved in what happened to Mashiho.

Yoonbin nods repeatedly then saying "yes". His friend called him to correct the details a while ago. A herd who used to have animosity against Junkyu ordered Jihoon's friend to take part in that matter, because they knew he needed money to help his family. They knew as long as they took advantage of Mashiho, they could dig a pit for Junkyu. Fortunately, everything was solved.

- I'm sorry for not believing in you.

The apology was said but Yoonbin's heart seems not to be less heavy. The scar which he caused to Jihoon and Mashiho was too big, so perhaps he will be unable to do anything to make up for them.

- Am I very bad, right?

- Why do you ask such a thing?

- Why must you always get hurt because of me?

Suddenly being in an ticklish situation, Jihoon does not know how to respond to Yoonbin. Obviously, Jihoon does not allow anyone to hurt him, but Yoonbin is an exception, because that is love. Once or twice when they are mutually angry, sad or tired can help them understand each other.

- Don't ask me like that. You've never hurt me before, so that's an experience for me.

Jihoon slowly pulls Yoonbin's hand towards him.

- As long as we still love each other.

.
.
.











Jihoon gently lies down on the bed after taking medicine. Right next to him, it is still the image of Yoonbin who is constantly busy with the furniture Doyoung has just brought. Jihoon does not know he will be here until when. He does not have the heart to see both Yoonbin and Doyoung strenuous because of him.

- Do you really not go home? - Jihoon asks Yoonbin.

- Tomorrow morning is still okay.

- So...

Jihoon intends to sit up.

- I'll give this bed to you. How can you sleep on the floor?

- Don't move.

Yoonbin fixes the pillow for Jihoon then laying down on the remaining space of the bed.

- I didn't say I would sleep on the floor.

- But.. but this bed is small.

- I'll not roll away.

Jihoon looks at Yoonbin. The corner of his lips cannot help smiling when he realizes Yoonbin is also looking at him.

- Why do you smile?

- Binnie... Why do you still not repair our relationship?

Yoonbin opens wide his eyes and stares at Jihoon.

- I need to say it clearly?

- If you don't, how am I sure?

- You can feel it by yourself, Jihoon-ssi.

Giving an unexpected kiss on Yoonbin's lips, Jihoon wears a long face and looks at the person in front of him whose face still has no expression.

- You should say something!

- It's repaired.

.
.










Hearing that Jihoon hyung was discharged, Doyoung is relieved. For the last few days, his homework had suddenly been increased, so he only stopped by the hospital to visit hyung once. Also, Jihoon hyung's parents asked Doyoung to look after hyung, which made Doyoung feel more guilty.

- Doyoungie

Doyoung's legs which are walking stop reflexively. The kid quickly turns around but the face before his eyes now is unfamiliar. At first glance, that person is older than Doyoung and maybe he is not a bad person, the first feeling told Doyoung that.

- You are...?

- Ah

The opposite guy suddenly looks tense. He keeps moving his lips without saying.

- I'm Bang Yedam.

Hearing Yedam's name, the message from the previous few days flows back in Doyoung's mind. After Doyoung received a message from a self-appointed Bang Yedam, no one came to meet him the next day.

- So...

Doyoung is naturally embarrassed.

- What did you have to see me about?

Yedam gasps and slowly approaches Doyoung. His wet hand holds a small piece of paper and then he places it in Doyoung's hand.

- Please read it. See you later.

Seeing Yedam hurriedly turns away, Doyoung feels even more bewildered. The paper has already been in his hand, but for some reason, he is both curious and scared at the same time. But Doyoung used to tell himself that Yedam did not look like a bad person, so he should not be doubtful of Yedam that much, right?

Carefully opening the paper, Doyoung sees a blue-inked line of text written painstakingly and that catches his attention.

"I decided to follow you."