Chapter 3.3

Call You My Memory

CHAPTER 3.3

 

Mashiho smiles and comes to stand by Yoonbin. Mashiho knows Yoonbin hyung will go here. Hyung used to tell Mashiho that, sometimes, he would not come back to class because of his mental tiredness, and the green ground with an adjacent lake here was the place he most often stopped by.

- It's late, you should go back - Mashiho raises his voice.

- You'd better go first.

One hand, Mashiho wants to know what happened but on the other hand, he does not. Mashiho purses his lips with a hesitancy. Realizing that, Yoonbin cannot procrastinate more. No matter what it was, Mashiho went out of his way to come here and find Yoonbin; also, for some reasons, the kid should be known about the problem.

- Today I broke up with Jihoon.

- Why?!

- He was wrong when being too selfish, and I also lost control when seeing you be treated like that by the person I love.

- Hyung, you mean is...

Yoonbin smacks his lips then he goes on saying. Mashiho can see a sadness unable to name behind Yoonbin's eyes.

- Moreover, it's my fault because I liked two people at the same time. That made him sad and out of his mind, so, I decided to break up to make it good for both him and you. No matter how, I'm on behalf of Jihoon to apologize to you.

Witnessing Yoonbin slowly step back then bending to say apologize, Mashiho feels his legs like being frozen and that makes him uncapable to go forward or go back. In this way, the situation becomes more awkward.

- Do you much love Jihoon hyung?

- ...

- Hyung... please tell me the truth.

- If I had a chance to choose again, I would still choose Jihoon.

For an instant, Mashiho's heart is like stopping its beats, and a whole beautiful dream is broken down right before his eyes although he has never expected it much. Yoonbin raises hand to his own smarted nose then taking a step closer to Mashiho.

- I'm sorry. I'm only stuck in a moment with you.

- You... You don't need to say sorry to me.

The way Mashiho claps Yoonbin on his shoulder to reassure him makes Yoonbin's soul feel more in guilty. He tightens his lips and does not dare to look up at Mashiho's eyes.

- Abandon me.

- Hyung...

- You have to be happy, got it? I'll be behind you like a close brother.

- ...

Having come this far, maybe there is no choice but let it go, Mashiho slowly gives a smile to respond to Yoonbin then nodding head for the acceptance. The tears overflowing in his heart, no one can see it.

- I got it. Thank you for liking me. But you should come back to Jihoon hyung, he needs you.

- ...

- A true love can make human snap their fingers at everything that sometimes they don't care whether it's right or wrong. Do you think so? I hope you will be back and say sorry to him.

- I'll think about it. Thank you.

With his eyelashes slowly close, Mashiho feels the warmth from Yoonbin coming near to his face and then softly stopping at the corner of his lips. This is not the kiss which signals the start between Mashiho and Yoonbin but making an end for everything. Until the end, although Mashiho was very close to Yoonbin, the kid could never get hyung.



 


.
.
.

- Junkyu hyung?

Having just left, Mashiho realizes Junkyu's familiar back and that makes him startled.

- Have you been here for a while?

Junkyu turns around and nods his head calmly.

- Yes, and I watched everything.

- You...

- I couldn't hear, I only watched it. I dunno what Yoonbin intends to do to you but don't come near to him.

- He broke up with Jihoon hyung.

Junkyu rolls his eyes because of being surprised, then he questions again for sure.

- I told the truth. But Yoonbin hyung also told me that he would love one and only person, Jihoon hyung.

- Mashi...

Junkyu's eyes are roving. He is confused now.

- Are you okay?

- I'm okay. I've never dared to expect anything from Yoonbin hyung.

- Sure?

- Yes. But I wanna have some wine. If you're free tonight, come to X and find me.