Chapter 2.2

Call You My Memory

CHAPTER 2.2

Witnessing a situation not really good has just happened, Yoonbin rolls his eyes with surprise. Mashiho has left the room, and Junkyu seemed to have a blank expression.

- Just because of being angry with Yedam, you put all blame on Mashiho like that...

Coming to Junkyu, Yoonbin drums his knuckles on the papers which was rearranged neatly by him. His piercing eyes stare straight at Junkyu. What Junkyu has done to Mashiho today, Ha Yoonbin can not accept it.

- Hold firmly all papers for yourself. And there'll be no one bothering you, forever.

- Do you think that kid likes you?

- … Just my feeling.

- You also like him, right?

- ...

Junkyu smiles an ironic crooked smile. He wipes the tip of his nose as if it was his habit then leans against the wall with a great delight.

- You'd better be faithful to your lover.

- Don't my lover in this problem. If you do it once again, I'll not forgive you.

Yoonbin keeps silent few seconds then continues:

- If your conscience still remains, you should say sorry to Mashiho quickly.





.
.


It is midnight but Mashiho cannot sleep. Leaning his back against the bedhead, he cannot stop himself from smiling everytime Yoonbin hyung's images unintentionally appear among many his thoughts. The first experiences in South Korea was not really bad. Yoonbin hyung always helped Mashiho avoid from much surprise. He instructed Mashiho how to take the bus or move by the subway. He showed Mashiho some foodstalls with the affordable price for students. No matter what it is, he still assisted Mashiho enthusiastically as long as Mashiho phoned him. Yoonbin hyung, now, is more than a monitor but a reliable brother whom Mashiho can rely on sometimes to share his problems. But definitely, Mashiho does not want to let his life depend on Yoonbin hyung.

Opening the hand which hold Yoonbin hyung's hand few days ago, Mashiho unconsciously bursts out laughing in his shyness. If he really likes Yoonbin hyung, it will be better if he hides this feeling inside his heart.




.
.


After a night tossing and turning in bed, Junkyu decided to meet Mashiho and explain the yesterday problem, but during the class, he was not brave enough to say something. Staring at Yoonbin to ask for help and then only seeing his face having no emotion, Junkyu apparently sighed tens of times within the morning. Junkyu has never thought that he would know what-the-hell pangs of conscience was, until the calm image of Mashiho yesterday made him nervous. That was the attitude of an extreme tiredness and Mashiho would never notice Junkyu anymore.

Junkyu walks along the school campus and goes to the garden having an old tree hundreds of years old where the students enjoy gathering and chasing each others around. In Yoonbin's words, Mashiho has come and taken a rest there for last two days, after having lunch. That kid might go around to take the fresh air or sleep deeply, or sit and arrange falling petals into some interesting sign. Thinking to here, Junkyu slightly knits his brows. Why did Ha Yooonbin know too many things?


Seeing Mashiho really sitting under the tree with his closing eyes and a smile crossing his lips like he is dreaming about something very happy, Junkyu unconsciously stops walking. His face skin seems to stretch out, both stretching and being quite hot, this makes his feet and arms at loss. Actually since the first day, Mashiho has catched Junkyu's eyes, but because Junkyu has kept teasing him and witnessing him either bite the bullet or get mad stealthily, Junkyu has never seen a Mashiho who daydreamed and be loveable like this.

Slapping his face himself to wake up, Junkyu clears his throat to attract the attention then slowly going forwards.

- Mashiho

Seeing Junkyu, Mashiho stands up and turns away.

- Hey!

Junkyu hurriedly runs after then blocking Mashiho's way. He knows he was wrong. He thought he needed to explain and say sorry instead of suffering the pangs of conscience just because of his endless self-respect.

- Mashiho, let me explain.

- You'll say that you don't mean to. You will say it's because you're angry so you cut off your nose to spite your face that day. I know it.

- Who said?

- Yoonbin hyung

“, that guy…”

- That's enough. I gotta go.

Junkyu carries on spreading his arms not to let Mashiho leave. He knows it has been enough since now but he still wants to admit the fault himself. Would it be better if Mashiho could cool the anger?

- I'm sorry.

- What did you just say?

- Hey! I said I'm sorry.

Mashiho rolls his eyes. He thought he heard incorrectly so he must ask Junkyu to repeat the statement. Junkyu's face seemed to turn red.

- Hey, did you hear me?

Junkyu might never experience this situation in his whole life - say apologize twice. Was it the reason making him much ashamed like this? Takata Mashiho, just wait!

- Alright. I accept it.

- Easily?

- Is the enmity good for me? Also... I have never thought that you would say sorry to me.
- ...

- You're always taciturn, in our class, you only talk to Yoonbin hyung. But today you said sorry to a person who had no value to you, like me.

- Justly. I also feel it's strange.

Mashiho's eyes suddenly change direction.

- Yoonbinie hyung...

Junkyu does not have to find the reason because it has been resounded beneath his ears. Abruptly, he feels his heart is unhappy. Ha Yoonbin is hanging around here for what purpose?

- Why can you come close to a person who has had a lover so easily like that?

- Lover?

Mashiho was surpised at first, but then he replies calmly:

- I don't care.