Chapter 1.2

Call You My Memory

CHAPTER 1.2

 

Abruptly having some strange tension, Mashiho rubs his left chest, turns the head to the other side and takes a strong breath. Right after turning around, he is startled when realizing the figure of a tall and thin guy standing before his sight.

- Hyung...

- Don't believe in what she said.

Mashiho raises his eyes, some features of a "very Korean" person is appearing in sight. That guy has a quite long and small face, the typical single eyelids and his mouth is small too, but the charm given off by him, generally, no one can deny it. At first view, he seems to be scary with a super cool face and he even does not show any emotion through it. Mashiho's pupils shake all of a sudden.

- Yes, I got it.

- I'm Ha Yoonbin, the monitor.

Yoonbin offers his hand towards Mashiho in front of Mashiho and some others' witness without hesitation that gives the kid more strength. Mashiho is rather afraid of replying Yoonbin then he behaves himself by nodding head to say thank you. Mashiho does not know why but he suddenly has a vague thought that if he is bullied by the "old hand" in this class, Yoonbin will defend him.

- Alright. I'll be back to my seat.

- O... ok.




All the morning, although he still saw many things strange, but thanks to his remarkable Korean speaking ability, Mashiho catched the eye of many teachers. He was continuously suggested answering the questions, giving his opinions and obviously he was always praised. All eyes were on him, Young noona also kept smiling to support him so Mashiho was more and more confident and kept up his mind in this new learning environment. However, everything just started.







.
.


Today is the turn of Mashiho's team to keep clean hygiene for class, Mashiho rushes into class before the bell rings. Just as other new students who still be very fond of new school, he actively joins in the cleaning day and helps other members until he is very tired. Having the work done means Mashiho can sigh with relief. He raises his hand to wipe the streaming sweat off the forehead and hurriedly finds some tissues in the backpack, suddenly a bundle of blackboard dusters are thrown right before his eyes.

- Go and wash them.

- Yes?

- I ask you to wash them.

Mashiho nods head because he does not dare to make straight speaking. Glancing at the clock and knowing that he has no much more time, he runs down to the sink at the corner of the school yard like a wind, cleans the bundle of dirty dusters carefully but quickly then goes back to the classroom. The face of the person who busied Mashiho, he could not see it clearly.

- Erase the blackboard.

- ...

"That's him."

- I ask you to erase the blackboard.

This is exactly "the old hand bullies the green-horn" but Mashiho can only grin and bear it. That guy's big body and really long legs are all more than Mashiho's so undoubtedly Mashiho can not win if two people come to blows. But Mashiho does not like fighting, especially when he is alone in this strange country.

- Hey Kim Junkyu.

The familiar voice of Yoonbin hyung echoing has saved Mashiho's soul. The kid is going crazy.

- What?

- You don't work and just stand there bossing the newcomer around?

- I still be his vice-captain. Didn't I do wrong?

Sweats fall to Mashiho's nose but he can only wipe them in a hurry. Abruptly, someone takes the blackboard duster in Mashiho's hand.

- Yoonbin hyung?

- Junkyu-kun, off you go!

Mashiho loses his nerve for a while when hearing the name "Junkyu". He did not notice it before. It is unbelievable when the person whom Young noona always considers as a part of the press-gang has a model figure and a beautiful face like that, that beauty apparently goes beyond the usual standard of the world society now. Mashiho thinks it is not an overstatement.

- Hey Binnie-

- Call me "monitor".

- Ok. When you go out of this class, you're just an anonymous man.

Mashiho pretends not to understand although he only wants to laugh at Junkyu. Young noona says that Yoonbin hyung is very famous because he is multi-talented in terms of music; and Kim Junkyu... he is also well-known thanks to this appearance and maybe with his beauty, he used to be in a love relationship with some girls.





.
.


Few days later…

Before the class starts today, Mashiho slogs away at finishing all homework so that the surrounding noisy atmosphere does not affect on his deep concentration. Last night, he overslept right at his desk until the crack of dawn, but he still have a headache now. Slowly letting fall the pen, Mashiho reaches across the gap of the door and looks at the view outside.

“Maybe it's still in time to go to the infirmary.”

- Halt!

Mashiho stops at once and he can only suppress a sigh. The fate is arranged by God and by somehow, that guy appears just at this moment. No one but him, the evil Kim Junkyu. These days, he always commands Mashiho to do unbelievable things. He thinks he is big and tall so he enjoys taking the advantage of that prideful body to threaten Mashiho. Mashiho admits that he is scared, but it is only because he is just two-centimeter taller during last four months and still be a kind of ‘tall midget’, so Mashiho has no way to let Junkyu know what is a pasting.

- Mope the floor

The given command is calm and short but it grates on Mashiho's ears.

- But I need to go out in a while.

- Mope the floor

The wet mop is immediately thrown to Mashiho, and it is so lucky that Mashiho has catched the mop in time before it flies directly to his face.

- Ok. I'll do it.

- Mope up the corridor too.

- Nae~

Once again Mashiho must pretend to be an obedient neighbor little boy, he does not protest. Unexpectedly, Junkyu like a wind walks towards Mashiho and drags him out of the room.

- Follow me.