Chapter 6.3

Call You My Memory

Slowly walking along the street, Mashiho suddenly feels obsessed with what just happened. Junkyu's face and eyes were terrifying at that time, and that made Mashiho forget the world around him in a moment. Actually, Mashiho knows he was wrong when having a thoughtless statement, but Junkyu should have scolded him rather than kick him out of the car like that. Tomorrow, when Junkyu has cooled his anger, Mashiho should tell him an apology.

- I told you not to compare anyone with other persons. You're so stupid. - Mashiho blames himself.

Feeling like something is going to happen sends shivers down Mashiho's spine. The street is so empty but he is wandering alone. Mashiho purses his lips tightly and wishes everything will be fine, then he rushes to find the phone in his pocket with the intention of asking Yoonbin hyung for help. Junkyu's car suddenly passes by Mashiho like a wind from behind. It abruptly rushes onto the pavement and blocks Mashiho's view causing the kid to step back in panic. Watching Junkyu walk angrily out of the car, Mashiho is the more unable to keep his heartbeat steady.

- Are you planning to kill me?

Without answering, Junkyu gradually walks towards Mashiho. Quickly moving his hands to hold Mashiho's face then using his lips to cover the kid's lips just in a brief moment, Junkyu shocks Mashiho so much that Mashiho's eyes open wide and brightly. After a few seconds regaining his spirit, Mashiho pushes Junkyu's shoulders strongly; his forehead is running with sweat.

- I don't care how perfect Ha Yoonbin is in your eyes, but don't compare me with him, because I'm Kim Junkyu.

Junkyu lifts Mashiho's chin and looks straight at the kid's eyes.

- From now on, if you still talk about Ha Yoonbin in front of me, I will lock your mouth like the way I just did.

- You're crazy!

- Get in the car. Go home.

- I won't.

Despite Mashiho's words, Junkyu drags Mashiho to the door then strongly pushes the kid into the car.

- The dark is dangerous. Anyhow I won't let you go home alone.




.
.



The atmosphere inside has been stuffy and hard to breathe since the car started moving. Without saying a word, Mashiho just puts on his earphones and sinks into his own world, his hand presses to open the windowpane and his eyes seem to show that he has a lot to say. As for Junkyu, he keeps looking ahead at the road, his hands work steadily on the steering wheel and each heavy breath spreading into the air tightens his heart. Mashiho must be annoyed now, Junkyu should have restrained himself at that time.

Noticing that Mashiho is twisting his wrist, Junkyu reminisces about his rude action happening a moment ago. Anger takes the wisdom away. Making Mashiho hurt this time, definitely, was Junkyu's fault.

- Is your hand okay?

Junkyu hesitates to ask.

- It's okay.

Holding Mashiho's wrist, Junkyu can see the tip of the kid's nose furrow slightly. Mashiho quickly looks away and withdraws his hand from Junkyu's hand.

- I'm sorry. - Junkyu says - I didn't mean to.

- I also was wrong. Sorry.

- But...

- Stop thinking about it. Let's make up.

Mashiho rests his chin on his palm and sees the surroundings move backwards outside the windowpane. It turned out that only one apology from Junkyu could make Mashiho relieved. At that time, Mashiho did not think carefully before uttering such hurtful words. If there is something happening between Junkyu and Yoonbin hyung, generally, Mashiho will take all the responsibilities.

- Don't angry with Yoonbinie hyung.

Mashiho says. His voice is high enough to let Junkyu hear it.

- You can get mad with me or shout at me, but he's not involved.

- I ain't angry with anyone. Don't blame yourself.

The car stops in front of a spacious building which boggles Mashiho's mind. He immediately turns to ask Junkyu.

- My house

- You drive me to here for what?

- This building... this car... My parents bought them for me. They told me to accept those materials as if they had compensated for not being with me during these past ten years. So ridiculous.

- You... But... why do I have to come in your house?

- It's full of medical equipment. We don't need to go to the hospital.




.
.


Mashiho determined to refuse Junkyu's intention but he could not stop Junkyu's decisiveness, and now Mashiho is sitting in the room where that "young master" sleeps every day, in front of the TV he may watch daily and next to his desk messed with books which makes Mashiho frustrated. Mashiho hurriedly stands up and arranges everything orderly. He does not know where Junkyu has gone. It is dark outside and he just wants to go home.

- Sit down

Looking up, Mashiho sees Junkyu stand opposite with a box of medical equipment on his hand.

- What are you going to do?

- Treat of your wound

Mashiho is dragged backwards before he can say something. He watches Junkyu slowly put ice on his wrist and carefully fix his arm joint to return to the initial position. Junkyu's eyebrows furrow slightly when he hears Mashiho's scream come to his ears in the quiet night. Seeing the situation has returned to normal, Junkyu helps Mashiho bandage the wound without saying even a word.

- I've never seen you so serious like this.

- Really?

Both of them give a sigh of relief when everything was almost over.

- Hey Junkyu-ssi, can you smile more?

Junkyu stops his hand. It feels like he did not hear that sentence clearly.

- Your smile is beautiful.

- Beautiful?

- Yes. Beautiful.

Junkyu's pupils lightly roll. He does not know why he can be so embarrassed hearing that compliment. Probably, because no one has ever praised his smile so far when he only liked to smirk in a joking or sarcastic manner.

- Kid, I didn't like to laugh before.

- So it's my pleasure to see you smile.

Junkyu can not hide the joy in his bright eyes. He touches the wispy bangs flowing down Mashiho's forehead and smiles.

- It's also my pleasure to smile for you.