Chapter 2.3

Call You My Memory

Chapter 2.3

 

Yoonbin abruptly comes to find Mashiho and the kid finds it difficult to believe. When Mashiho realized Yoonbin's figure from afar, he kept thinking that hyung only unintentionally dropped in here to avoid the sunlight. It turned out not to be like that.

Strolling by Yoonbin hyung's side, Mashiho can hear his heart beat fast and that is so strange. Hyung says that he gets plenty of time today, so he will take Mashiho to go sightseeing in some areas that the kid perhaps has never come before. This thing maybe very usual and formalistic to other people, but for Mashiho, this is a big pleasure. Yoonbin hyung is expressing the enthusiasm through his eyes, and hands too, which are being used to describe every his word without a break. Mashiho feels the hot weather surrounding him has disappeared since when. Also, Mashiho cannot stop looking at that severse but still gentle face.

- Junkyu apologized to you, right?

Mashiho nods his head.

- I had to remind him.

- You're a good friend

Yoonbin slightly gives a very shy and soft smile.

- Don't praise me like that. Junkyu… he isn't like what has been overstated in rumors.

Mashiho has no bad thought about Junkyu, he only feels that Junkyu is pretending of being a bad guy to conceal something. Moreover, Junkyu's withdrawal from those school bullies was also a good sign. Maybe Kim Junkyu has changed his ways of life in a more positive way but he did not expect people to realize it? Mashiho shakes his head and gives in. He has no interest in finding out about a person who is hard to understand.


Mashiho watches Yoonbin feasting eyes on the surrounding view, then suddenly he remembers what Junkyu said. That matter... should Mashiho ask about it? He does not want to chime in Yoonbin hyung's own affair; furthermore, except Junkyu, no one mentioned that matter before including Youngie noona, so perhaps Yoonbin hyung has always kept it secretly.

- What is troubling you?

- Hmm… I wanna ask you a thing.

- Ok

- Hyung, do you have a lover?

Yoonbin cannot unsurprised.

- Who told you that?

- I... heard from many people.

Mashiho does not know why he could not speak out Junkyu's name, although his given reason, at first blush, was very unreasonable.

Yoonbin cannot reply at once. He must admit that he himself is in shock. Yoonbin's love affair, he has always tried to hide it because he does not want to make his lover be scrutinized by the others, but by somehow, the news was rapidly spreaded and that person's information was even found out. Mashiho has just entered the school for a week but the news immediately came to his ears. All of what just happening is like dropping from the clouds, but the answer for it will be unable to be changed.

- Can I ask you a thing? - Yoonbin says.

- Feel free to ask me

- You like me, don't you?

- …

- Just tell me the truth. Everything'll be okay.

Nodding the head shyly, Mashiho believes that he has nothing to conceal anymore. Although Mashiho is a boy, and so is Yoonbin hyung, but no one obliged that two persons with the same gender could not give their special feelings to each others. Therefore, no matter what happens, Mashiho is sure he was not wrong.

Hearing an answer which maybe out of the blue, Yoonbin slowly sighs with his eyes look down. He suddenly cannot encounter Mashiho at this moment and obviously he also cannot understand what the reason for that is. Junkyu used to ask Yoonbin whether he liked Mashiho, so now, if the answer is… yes, what can he do? However, he all the more can not leave his present lover. It turned out that Yoonbin had become a bad guy since the first moment Mashiho entered his class.

- Yes. I have a lover.

- She... She's very beautiful, isn't she?

Mashiho attempts to smile brightly. He is concealing the dissappointment from the depth of his heart.

- … Mashi, that's a boy.

- Yes?

- I like a boy, can you see? So if you can consider to abandon me and find a new happiness...

- It's okay, hyung.

Witnessing Yoonbin's embarrassment, Mashiho still says unhesitantly.

- Because if you respond to my feelings, you'll also like a boy.

Mashiho keeps silent a few seconds then he goes on saying calmly:

- Just ignore me. You told me the truth, that's good enough.




 

 

 

 

.
.

Backing silently to the classroom, Mashiho only wants to forget all. Yoonbin hyung had come to Mashiho's little world like a dream, and then his confident admission of his lover put down that beautiful dream. Fortunately, Mashiho has not "stepped onward" actively since the very start, but should he stop now? Because if he goes too far, he cannot go back again. Who is the person whom Yoonbin hyung likes, his appearance and characteristics? Is he loveable and talented? Mashiho thinks he is.


Taking every heavy step back to near the stair, Mashiho unconsciously stops because he suddenly feels something insecure. In a short moment when his eyes had a glimpse of the top floor's corridor, he saw a quite big thing which was put on the hand rail, and beside it, there was a group of four or five people.

- Get over!!!

Mashiho cannot react in time, he is immediately pushed down and fell flat into the dirt; after that, there is a sound of water pouring down like a thunderous waterfall in his ears. After a few seconds he was sunk into panic, Mashiho gets to his feet. He realizes the overflowing water on the yard is finding his shaky legs, soon after, there is a resentful outcry of someone and then the image of Kim Junkyu appears.

- Who did it?! Son of the b****.