Chapter 5.3

Call You My Memory

CHAPTER 5.3

 

 

- Are you full now?

Junkyu stares at the spotless plate of tteokbokki and Mashiho who ate to satiety in front of his eyes. Mashiho's taste seems to accord with taste of Korean food, he might gain weight compared to the first period when he came to Korea.

- I'm full.

Mashiho has a drink of water and intends to go to the counter.

- Sit still

- You take me out to dinner is enough. I'm not short of cash.

- That's my order!

- ???

Junkyu clucks his tongue then shaking head. It appears that the obedient Mashiho in the past now disappeared. Obviously, when people know mutually and stay by each other's side during a long time, they can see many things hidden behind the remaining person. Mashiho is a very self-worth child, he does not want to bother anyone and he is also quite stubborn. Being with Junkyu, Mashiho no longer makes concession or be obedient as the kid knows that Junkyu is making concession to him because Junkyu likes him.

- What is the consequence if you argue with me? Do you wanna know?

Mashiho sees Junkyu sit up and slowly come to him. It sends shivers down his spine. Mashiho discontentedly backs to the seat.

- At least you know yielding.

Junkyu unhesitantly uses his money for food and drink parties, especially when he is with his favourite people. Junkyu's family is a secret to many persons, but he is never short of money to hold on his hand. He has a big and airy house to live alone, and a luxury car which he refused to use. Junkyu's ex-girlfriends might really like him, but those relationships were never lasting. Although some girls were nuts on materials some were not, they could not suffer Junkyu's possession and dictatorship. Junkyu does not know what Mashiho thinks about him, but by somehow, Mashiho had Junkyu's dictatorship in his pocket and he made Junkyu humble in front of his loveable stubborness.

.
.
.







Two people walk along the Han River where a lot of tiredness and troubles can be gone with the wind by somehow. It has been a long time since Junkyu stopped by here and beside him is Mashiho who first comes, there will be lots of things to tell Mashiho if Junkyu does not control himself.

- How do you feel?

Junkyu asks.

- Very good. Sometimes doing this will be fun.

- Next time I'll drive you back here.

- Hmm... that's fine.

Suddenly realizing Yoonbin is nearby, Mashiho is startled. Intending to shout Yoonbin's name loudly, Mashiho discovers there is someone beside hyung - a boy with a bright smile like a sun in the dark.

- Junkyu hyung

Mashiho tugs at Junkyu, who is looking at another side of the street, 's sleeve.

- That person ... Is that person Jihoon hyung?

Mashiho abruptly has a lump in his throat. Yoonbin hyung, the one Mashiho used to like is having lips on lips with the one hyung likes.

Junkyu hurriedly turns his face and looks back, and then his whole body stiffens when the situation which is perhaps the most undesirable scene is catching his eyes now.

- Reply me - Mashiho urges Junkyu.

- Yes... He's Park Jihoon.

- He recovered.

- You know what happened?

Mashiho nods. The whole school shared that Jihoon hyung planned to commit suicide and then he had to be hospitalized, how could Mashiho not know? Finally, Jihoon hyung and Yoonbin hyung are back together, Mashiho can feel light in his heart.

- Let's go.

Tugging Mashiho towards him, Junkyu hurriedly leads the kid away.

.
.
.





- What's wrong with you?

Mashiho canot keep up with Junkyu's long strides. It feels like he must run after Junkyu all the way.

- Stop!

Junkyu stops walking and draws Mashiho towards his eyeshot.

- I'm protecting you.

- What are you saying?

Embracing Mashiho in his arms despite the kid's surprise, Junkyu pats Mashiho's back as a way of comfort. Junkyu never wants to see that scene, but maybe the fate forces both of them to witness it. Fortunately, when it happened, Mashiho did not stand alone.

- You can't keep standing there.

- I just saw Yoonbin hyung and Jihoon hyung... I was okay. I didn't say a greeting but you drew me away.

- I was afraid you wouldn't happy.

Obviously there was no one at fault, but Junkyu has always felt that it was his fault.

- I'm sorry.

- You did nothing wrong...

The atmosphere suddenly becomes silent, Mashiho worries that Junkyu will continue to blame himself. Obviously, Mashiho is not used to seeing such moments when Yoonbin hyung and Jihoon hyung are happy together. And really, at that time his heart was a bit heavy, sad and regret. However, Yoonbin hyung told Mashiho to leave hyung and the kid is slowly doing it. Therefore, Mashiho is not so disappointed that he must overthink or cry.

Grabbing the back of Junkyu's shirt, Mashiho gives a silent sigh.

- I'm okay. You don't trust me?

- Alright. I trust you.

Junkyu smiles and rubs Mashiho's head. He also lets out a deep breath.

- Let's go home.

- Thank you for today.

Hearing that, Junkyu cannot hide the happiness behind his starry eyes. All his sorrow disappeared.

- As long as you like it.

- Are you Kim Junkyu whom I met at the first days I stayed in Korea?

- I still be me, but there were some differences.

Junkyu stops a few seconds then saying:

- There's a thing that never changes between Kim Junkyu in previous times when you first met him and at this moment. Do you wanna know?

- *nodding*

- Both like you.