CHAPTER 5

REMEMBERING MYOUI [MiChaeng]

It's been 3 months and all the girls knew was the team almost finish. 

*Ring*Ring*

*Incoming Call : Yoo Nayeon*

NY : "Mina! Where are you?"

MN"Unnie why? Are you okay? I'm at my office right now."

NY : "Jihyo called me. She said the team is coming home today."

MN : "That's good news unnie. Did they finished there mission?"

NY : "They did but Mina I need you to listen carefully."

MN : "Unnie?"

NY : "Mina they're transporting the team to SMC through a helicopter. They had a final standoff with the rebels and Chaeyoung took a bullet for Jeong, falling on her head first. The rebels were all caught. Chaeyoung is still unconscious while Jeong, Tzuyu, and Dahyun had some injuries. Sana and Momo are on their way. Jihyo is coming to pick you up, she might be there already. Mina calm yourself okay?"

Mina felt like she was strangled, she couldn't say anything back to Nayeon. She just hangs up the phone and runs outside the office.  Her mind went blank thinking of why did this happen to Chaeyoung.

JH : "Mina!" 

She saw Jihyo in the park right in front of the building.

JH : "Mina are you okay?"

MN : "How can I be okay? Chaeyoung... Chaeyoung..."

JH : "She's going to be alright, they're almost in the hospital."

The snow began to pour down from the dark sky, Mina was still trying to process everything. She was lost of words but there were no tears falling from her eyes.

JH : "Mina let's go."

They found a group of doctor and nurse right next to the helipads door. Sana and Momo were both crying.

NY : "Mina how are you?"

MN : "Unnie where are they?"

JH : "They're coming in 10 minutes. The snow is making it hard for the helicopter."

MN : "10 minutes?!!"

NY : "Calm down, they have a medic with them. Let's hope that they can land here safely."

JH : "Momoring, Sana chan everything's going to be okay."

Soon enough they saw the helicopter positioned to land. The team went outside, Sana, Momo and Mina followed them outside. Dahyun and Tzuyu were on a stretcher with Chaeyoung right next to them. Jeongyeon step outside Nayeon had the nurses tried to grab her.

JY : "Aniyo! Nayeon, take Chaeyoung in first. Please do everything you can."

NY : "Arraso."

They lifted Chaeyoung's stretcher, Mina saw her unconscious with blood all over her uniform, a hole in her chest. It hits her, the reality started to sink in. Mina couldn't believe what she was seeing, she started to cry while pushing Chaeyoung's Stecher inside. 

MN : "Unnie is she going to be okay?"

NY : "Mina will do everything."

All of the girls arrived at the emergency room.

NY : "Mina we need to do emergency surgery for her, the bleeding won't stop."

MN : "Unnie I'm going with you."

NY : "You can only come until the outside the room Mina."

MN : "That's okay unnie."

JH : "Then I'll go wait with you outside."

NY : "Then let's take Chaeyoung in."

Mina stood the whole time, waiting for Nayeon to come out and tell her that Chaeyoung is alright.

JH : "Mina sit down you need to calm down."

MN : "How can I calm down unnie? What if something happens to Chaeyoung?"

JH : "Mina you know Chaeyoung she won't give up like that, especially that she knows you're waiting."

SN : "Jeong calm down."

JH : "Yoo Jeongyeon!"

JY : "Where's smol?"

JH : "She's still inside. What are you even doing here? Your wound isn't dressed yet!"

SN : "I tried stopping her but she just ignored everyone."

JH : "Go back to your bed!"

JY : "Mina.."

Mina didn't turn around even with the commotion going on. She couldn't take her eyes off the room.

JY : "Mina I'm sorry, it was my fault. I should be the one laying in there, Chaeyoung just jumped in front of me and took the bullet. Mina I'm sorry, I should have taken care of her more."

Jeongyeon started to cry feeling the guilt inside her. Mina looks back at her.

MN : "Jeong I don't need your sorry, you don't owe it to anyone. Please go back to the emergency room. It's not your fault, you know Chaeyoung. I'm sure she did it because it was you. I'm just glad that the rest of you are okay, please go back. Chaeyoung will come out of here alive."

SN :

SN : "You heard that Jeong let's go back. We'll see her later after you get treated."

JH : "I'll take care of everything here. Don't worry Chaeyoung is strong."

Jeongyeon just nodded back at her. It was a whole 5 hours, a long and scary 5 hours until Nayeon came out of the room.

MN : "Unnie?"

NY : "She's doing great Minari, they're just finishing up."

NY : "We're going to transfer her to her room after. The only thing to do is wait for her to wake up."

JH : "You heard that Mina, she's going to be okay. You should go home and grab some stuff."

MN : "I'm not leaving her here."

NY  : "I'll call your housekeeper to bring some of your things here."

After another hour all of them were transferred to their respective rooms. Mina couldn't step inside Chaeyoung's room.

JH : "Mina if you want you can just go home. It's a lot to take in right now."

MN : "I won't."

She took a step toward the room, she found an intubated Chaeyoung on her bed, with all the IV lines pierced to her hands. She cried as she keeps the silence.

NY : "Mina, we have to put those things to her until she wakes up."

MN : "Arraso."

JH : "Mina I'm going home. I'll be back soon."

MN : "It's okay Jihyo-ah, you don't need to."

JH : "It's not something I need to do Mina, this team is my responsibility. You guys are my family, I'll be back soon."

NY : "Mina if you need anything I'm just right next door. Momo and Sana are just next to Jeong's room, call us okay?"

MN : "Thank you."

Jihyo and Nayeon left Chaeyoung and Mina alone. This was one of the nights that Mina couldn't feel anything, her heart was frozen.

This was one of the nights that Mina couldn't feel anything, her heart was frozen        

---