CHAPTER 16 [END]

REMEMBERING MYOUI [MiChaeng]

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

*Ding*Dong*

*Ding*Dong*

JH : "Yah! Momoring! Don't play with it!"

MM : "Ehhhh but what if they can't hear us?"

JH : "It's too early in the morning they might be sleeping we should be mindful."

*Ding*Dong*

JH : "Yah! Sana chan!"

SN : "Auntie will understand."

JH : "Stop it okay? We already rang it thrice, we should just wait."

SN : "Hmm arraso."

The rest of us sat in the street while Sana unnie stood there staring at the front door waiting for someone to open the gate.

SN : "Auntie!!!"

MAMA MYOUI :        

MAMA MYOUI : "Omo Sana chan! What are you doing here so early? It's snowing outside you can catch a cold."

SN : "See Jihyo-ah I told you auntie will understand."

MAMA MYOUI : "Omo omo, is everyone here? Let's go inside first."

JH : "Thank you auntie."

We followed her inside the house, I think she hasn't noticed me at all.

JY : "Thank you auntie"

MM : "Hmm where's Mina?"

MAMA MYOUI : "Make yourself at home, I'm going to get some dry towels for you all."

TY : "Auntie.."

MAMA MYOUI : "Go ahead you can sit in the living room."

We made our way to the living room, it didn't change at all. It looks exactly the same as the last time I was here. The garden was still there, every picture and even our wedding picture was still hanging in there living room. I stepped closer to the transparent door when I noticed that the bonsai that Mina and I planted was still there.

MAMA MYOUI : "Here you go, girls, you should've told us your coming."

NY : "Auntie it's something urgent."

I turned around and saw Mama in front of me.

MAMA MYOUI : "Oh so you came with them? If you came to get the papers, it's already signed. Mina is planning to send it today but I'll get it for you so you can leave."

DH : "Auntie sorry to interrupt you but that's not why we came here."

TY : "Chaeng remembers everything."

CY : "Auntie I'm really sorry for what Mina unnie had to go through because of my stupidity, I should've remembered her. I shouldn't have things turn out this way. I'm here to talk to her and explain everything to her. I know I'm not even worthy to show my face to this family but I want to try things out with Mina unnie again. You'll probably won't accept it but I'm deeply sorry for everything I bought upon unnie." I said as I bowed my head as low as I can.

MAMA MYOUI : "Why are you even calling me auntie? Lift up your head. Call me like the way you used to call me before that accident happened."

JH : "Huh?"

MAMA MYOUI : "Didn't you say she remembers everything? Chaeng never called me auntie before, not even at our first meeting. She was so sure that she'll marry my daughter that she called me Mama."

"Now, don't feel sorry. We never got angry at you, Mina explained everything to us and it wasn't anyones fault that things turn out this way. We're sad not only for Mina but for you, we knew how much you loved each other and it was painful to see you forgetting her."

CY : "Aunt... Mama I'm really sorry for giving you so much pain."

MAMA MYOUI : "Aniyo, you shouldn't feel bad about us. We weren't the ones who got hurt the most, she did. Mina went back to her old self before she meets you. When she came back she rarely talked to anyone, and would always stay inside her room but don't worry she's gotten a little bit better. You should go and talk to her."

JH : "Gaja! We're going to stay here."

NY : "Take the time you need."

JY : "And don't forget to tell her how you feel okay?"

CY : "Arraso! Mama where is she?"

MAMA MYOUI : "She took Ray out for a walk."

TY : "On this snow?"

MAMA MYOUI : "She said she wouldn't miss to play on the first snow of the year."

DH : "But where could they be?"

MAMA MYOUI : "I'm sure Chaeng remembers."

CY : "I'm going Mama, I'll be back with unnie."

MAMA MYOUI : "Okay, then will prepare breakfast."

EVERYONE : "Hai! Good luck Smol!"

NO ONE'S POV

Chaeyoung knew exactly where Mina is, she knows it in her heart. 

She runs to the close-by park. Where she found Mina, sitting in a park bench playing with the kids and Ray chan in the snow. She couldn't bring herself to walk near her, she didn't know what to do and what to say. Then she remembered something important to both of them.

Winter was never about her forgetting Mina, Winter was always been warm because it was the same season she asked the older girl to be her wife. On the first snow of that year, on the same bench where Mina was sitting. She made a strawberry-shaped snow, where she hid the engagement ring she bought.

*Bark*Bark*

KID 1 : "Oh Oneesan! Do you want to play with us too?"

Mina stood up to turn around her way. 

Her heart stopped the very moment their eyes meet

Her heart stopped the very moment their eyes meet. "How long has it been? A year?" She thought to herself. Mina looked the same but her hair was a little bit longer than she could remember and her eyes were full of pain. 

CY : "Aniyo I'm looking for a penguin."

KID 2 : "Penguin?"

Chaeyoung stepped closer and sat down with the kids who were already sitting on the ground.

CY : "You see, I know a penguin who really loves winter and snow because it was a time where she can lock herself in her room and play video games all day long. She loves to play with kids and has a beautiful smile. She's a good dancer too and most importantly that penguin was full of love for others. She loved me the most"

KID 1 : "I want to see that penguin."

KID 2 : "Hai! Me too! Me too!"

CY : "But you see Oneesan hurt that penguin, that's why I'm here to talk to her and ask her for forgiveness."

Chaeyoung looked up to Mina who was silently looking at them.

KID 1 : "Neesan! If she said she loves you it would be alright!"

KID 2 : "That's right, the penguin was hurt but we're sure that she didn't forget her love for you."

KID 1 : "The heart always remembers what the mind wants to forget!"

CY : "Omo where did you learned that?"

KID 1 : "School."

"Eri chan! Mai Chan!"

KID 2 : "Okasan is looking for us. We should go, bye-bye Mina neesan! Ray Chan! Oneesan if you see the penguin tell her your sorry! Good luck!"

KID 1 : "Fighting neesan!"

The kids left after that, she was alone with Mina and Ray chan. Chaeyoung didn't stand up instead she fixed herself and kneel in front of the older girl.  

CY : "Unnie I'm sorry if I forgot about you, I'm sorry for treating you like you're no one to me. When the truth was you were everything to me. I should've known better, I should've remembered you sooner. I should've run to you, Mina I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me. I want to start over with you, I want to be with you until I die. This time I'll make things right."

Chaeyoung couldn't look straight at Mina's eyes, she bowed and kneel in the most sincere way she could. Then her tears begun to fall. There was a brief silence after she talked. 

CY : "Unnie if you're angry, you have the right to hit me. Take it all out to me, I'll accept everything." She closed her eyes.

She felt something wrapping her neck when she opened her eyes, she saw a red scarf wrap around her. She looked up and saw Mina wiping away her tears. 

MN :        

MN : "I never wanted to start over with you..... I want to pick up where we left off. I told you I'll be waiting for you and that's what I've been doing. I'm so happy that you came back to me."

Chaeyoung stood up and embraced Mina. 

CY : "Unnie thank you for always waiting for me. I love you! I swear I'll never forget you again!"

MN : "I love you more Chaengie."

The two of them started to head back while holding hands with Ray walking in front of them, sharing the same scarf.

MN : "When did you arrived?"

CY : "An hour ago."

MN : "Huh?"

CY : "I remembered everything last night, we took the earliest flight here."

MN : "We?"

CY : "Oh I forgot to tell you but yeah, everyone is at your house right now. They're probably eating a lot since Mama said she'll cook breakfast."

MN : "You talked to Mama?"

CY : "I did... Minari would you like to live here? I mean I can resign and just moved here with you."

MN : "Ani, I want to be with you in Korea, with everyone else and with Ray chan."

CY : "Arraso. Then shall we go back at the same time?"

MN : "Of course :)"

Chaeyoung squeezed Mina's hand three times.

MN : "Chaeng thank you for remembering me :)" Mina said with her gummy smile.

MN :        

[END]