CHAPTER 10

REMEMBERING MYOUI [MiChaeng]

MINA'S POV

Chaeyoung didn't make any progress with her memories. As the days go by, she's starting to be someone I never know. She's always busy with work and doing overtime.

*Outgoing call : Yoo Jeongyeon*

MN : "Jeong sorry to bother you but did you know why Chaeng had to stay at work?"

JY : "Hmm it's okay, I don't really know. There's nothing to do at work."

MN : "She's been doing a lot of overtime and whenever she comes home she's tired."

JY : "I'm not sure Minari, she didn't mention anything to me."

MN : "Arraso. Thank you! Good night."

JY : "If there's anything you want me to do just tell me. I can talk to her if you want."

MN : "Ani, it should be fine. Bye."

JY : "Arraso, annyeong!"

*End of call*

I didn't want to be the kind of wife who pops out of nowhere but lately, I've been worried about her working so much. I went out and bought her some dinner. 

GUARD : "Can I help you?"

MN : "Yes, I'm looking for my wife Son Chaeyoung."

GUARD : "Chaeyoung-ssi? She already left."

MN : "Do you remember what time she left?"

GUARD : "Maybe 4 hours ago."

MN : "Ahh thank you."

Where can she be? If she left 4 hours ago that means she left the same time as the others. She must be lost. 

I ran towards my car. When I saw Chaeyoung sitting across Somi in a restaurant.

When I saw Chaeyoung sitting across Somi in a restaurant        

She probably forgot to tell me she's going out. I should head home before she does.

I waited another 2 hours until she came home.

CY : "Omo you're still awake?"

MN : "I was waiting for you how was work?"

CY : "It's good, I was busy I had to do some overtime work."

MN : "Ahhh do you want to eat."

CY : "I already grab some sandwich before I went home. I'm tired unnie, we should go to sleep."

I wanted to ask her about what I saw but the words didn't come out of my mouth. I just nodded at her and acted like I didn't know anything.

MN : "Are you going to do overtime tomorrow too?"

CY : "Maybe unnie, I have a lot of things to do."

MN : "Then is it okay if I go hang out with Nayeon unnie?"

CY : "Arraso unnie, let's go to sleep."

MN : "Good night Chaeng." I squeezed her hand three times.

CY : "Unnie why do you always squeezed my hand?"

MN : "Just force of habit. Go to sleep. Good night."

CY : "Okay unnie, good night. I love you."

MN : "I love you too Chaeng."

I love you huh? It's the same words we always say each other but this time it doesn't have meaning to it.

--

MN : "Unnie!"

NY : "Minari :)"

MN : "You're early today."

NY : "Jeong dropped me off. Where is everyone?"

MN : "Sana and Momo are busy while the others are at work. You're the only one available today."

NY : "Yah! Don't say it like I'm your last option."

MN : "But unnie you are haha."

NY : "What do you want to do?"

MN : "I want to buy some stuff."

NY : "Arraso but you need to treat me later okay?"

MN : "Deal!"

We started going around the mall but the truth was I wanted to talk to someone who can understand me, who can give me some advice. Nayeon unnie is the type who listens carefully though she acts like a baby sometimes. When it comes to a problem she is the most mature out of all of us.

NY : "Minari what do you want for lunch?"

MN : "Anything."

NY : "Then let's have a barbecue."

MN : "Okay unnie."

We went to a restaurant and we already ordered our lunch. It was my chance to open up.

MN : "So unnie..."

NY : "Is the food bad?"

MN : "Aniyo it's not about the food."

NY : "Then tell me, I know you asked to go out because you wanted to talk about something."

MN : "How did you know?"

NY : "Because you don't usually go out? If you do it's either you go alone or with Chaeng. So what's going on?"

MN : "Before anything else promise me that you won't tell anyone."

NY : "Arraso."

MN : "I think Chaeng is lying to me."

NY : "How come?"

MN : "Do you remember the day I called Jeong to ask if she's already home?"

NY : "Yes."

MN : "It's been days since Chaeng started to tell me she's doing overtime. I got a little bit worried so I asked Jeong. She said there's not that much work to do overtime. I decided to visit her that same night."

"The guard told me she left the same time as the others. When I was about to leave, I saw her sitting across Somi in a restaurant right in front of the office."

NY : "Somi?"

MN : "Yes..."

NY : "Have anyone told you about those two?"

MN : "They said they're best friends."

NY : "They are but Somi fell in love with Chaeng. She confessed her feelings to her in the same year you guys meet but Chaeng rejected her. Did you try talking to her?"

MN : "Aniyo unnie, I don't want her to worry about it."

NY : "Worry about what? You're Chaeng's wife, she should be spending her time with you and not with someone else. You should talk to her."

MN : "But unnie, I'm not even sure if there's something happening between them."

NY : "Even if there is or there's not that doesn't matter. The point here is she's lying to you."

MN : "Maybe she's just taking her time to say it to me."

NY : "Mina stop defending her okay? You should ask her about it."

MN : "Unnie...."

NY : "Arraso if you want to give her time, okay but if I caught her. I'm going to ask her myself."

MN : "Thank you unnie."

NY : "You can talk to me anytime."

MN : "We should go home. Jeong must be waiting for you."

NY : "Arraso and Chaeng?"

MN : "She said she's going on overtime today."

NY : "Mina...."

MN : "Gaja unnie I'll give you a ride back home."

After dropping off Nayeon unnie, I arrived back home        

After dropping off Nayeon unnie, I arrived back home. It was dark and cold inside. Is our house really this big? I always thought it was the right size for us but ever since Chaeng lost her memory this house never felt home anymore.

*Bark*

MN : "Omo Ray chan :) Thank you for always welcoming me home. You must be lonely. Let's go to bed."

---