CHAPTER 12

REMEMBERING MYOUI [MiChaeng]

MINA'S POV

I usually wake up early in the morning to run with Ray. She saw Chaeyoung sleeping on her side.

MN : "Good morning Chaeng, I'm going to take Ray chan for a run. Do you want to go with us?"

CY : "Good morning unnie, you can go ahead. I'm not really in the mood to run."

MN : "Arraso then we'll be back soon. I'll cook breakfast when we arrived."

CY : "Thanks unnie."

MN : "Ray chan let's go :)"

*Barks*

Since Chaeyoung came home she's usually not in the mood for anything in the morning but today feels a little different. Her mood somehow felt heavier than usual.

[At the Park]

MN : "Ray don't scare the kids okay?"

*Barks*

KID 1 : "Noona is that your dog?"

MN : "Yes he is, his name is Ray."

KID 2 : "Omo can we play with him?"

MN : "Of course."

KID 1 : "Does he know any tricks?"

MN : "He does :) You see Ray is really old, he knows a lot of things."

KID 1 : "What a good boy." He patted Ray.

KID 2 : " Unnie you're pretty :)"

MN : "Thank you. You're pretty and his handsome."

KID 1 : "Thank you noona, maybe if I grow a little bit I can marry you."

KID 2 : "Yah pabo! I thought you want to marry me?!"

MN : "Hahaha no fighting. Noona is already married to a beautiful girl."

KID 1 : "Ehhhhh? Then I guess it's you again."

KID 2 : "As if I want to marry you anymore."

KID 1 : "I was just joking, you're like the prettiest girl in the universe."

MN : "Hahaha."

KID 1 : "Noona why are you laughing?"

MN : "Well you two remind me of someone I know."

KID 2 : "How unnie?"

MN : "That person was really persistent. No matter how many times the other person rejected her she didn't stop trying."

KID 1 : "Did they end up together noona?"

MN : "They did, they've been married for a while now but it seems that the other girl forgot about her wife."

KID 1 : "Then everything should be okay."

MN : "Ehhhhh?"

KID 2 : "Unnie you said it yourself the other unnie didn't stop until they got married. I'm sure that unnie will remember soon."

MN : "Hahaha maybe your right."

KID 1 : "Noona we're leaving it's almost time for our school."

MN : "Arraso...."

KID 2 : "Unnie can we play with Ray again?"

MN : "Of course, Ray would be happy to see you again. Gaja! Do your best at school!"

KIDS : "Hai!!!!"

Somehow talking to those two made my day better. I'm should go and cooked breakfast Chaeng will be up soon.

--

CY : "Unnie morning."

MN : "Morning Chaeng, you're just in time for breakfast."

CY : "Oh thank you."

MN : "Hmm about last night? You said you wanted to talk about something?"

CY : "Unnie can we do that later? I want to spend some time alone. I'll be in my studio."

MN : "Arraso, I'll cook lunch and just grab it whenever you feel hungry. I'm not going to disturb you."

CY : "Thank you unnie."

Our day went by us like this, she didn't even come out of the studio for lunch and it was already passed dinner. I spent the whole day watching TV and knitting. 

*Door opens*

MN : "Chaeng, you didn't eat lunch you must be hungry."

CY : "Aniyo unnie can I ask you something?"

MN : "What is it?" 

CY : "Unnie why didn't you told me?"

MN : "Huh?"

CY : "You know everything right? Nayeon unnie told me, you saw us eating outside. You know about me lying to you. Why didn't you say anything?"

MN : "Cause I thought you're just looking for the right time to tell me."

CY : "Unnie how could stay quiet knowing I lied to you? You didn't even say anything when you saw me and Somi."

MN : "Cause I know she's your friend."

CY : "But what if she's not?"

The loud noise coming from the TV disappeared, all I hear was her words and my heart beating fast.

MN : "What are you saying?"

CY : "What if I'm cheating on you? Would you just stay quiet?"

How am I supposed to react to that? Does she want me to punch her? Does she want me to get angry?

MN : "I know you won't."

CY : "What if I did?"

MN : "I'm sure you won't."

CY :  "How?"

MN : "Cause I know you."

CY : "You don't know me, the Chaeyoung you know is missing. For now, anything can happen."

MN : "Then be it, if that's the thing that would make you happy but did you really do it?"

CY : "Aniyo."

MN : "Then we're done talking about this."

CY : "Unnie...."

MN : "I'm going outside to walk Ray chan, you can eat dinner without us."

The truth was my heart was hurting so much that I didn't know how to keep up with that conversation. I don't know what to do anymore. I went outside with Ray and we're not even that far from home when my tears started to fall.

I know she's not the Chaeng who used to love me but saying that anything can happen for now broke my heart into pieces. It's like she's saying that I should prepare myself for something.

It's like she's saying that I should prepare myself for something

--

When we arrived back home, Chaeyoung was already in bed under the blanket with just her hand out. 

MN : "Hey sorry about earlier." I said as I squeezed her hand three times.

CY : "It's okay unnie, hmm can you stop squeezing my hand. It's getting a little bit annoying."

MN : "Arraso, good night Chaeng."

CY : "Yeah unnie."

I never thought that a day like this will come. A little bit more and I'm going to lose her.

---