Important business

Balancing act

Early the next morning, Jin jumped out of bed, rushing around getting ready. Namjoon slowly opened his eyes, staring.

"Jin, what are you doing?" He muttered, sleepily.

"I'm late!"

"Jin.."

"Ugh I was supposed to meet her at the library an hour ago and-" Jin stammered, frantically.

"Jin..."

"Ugh she's gonna hate what I've done-"

Namjoon rolled his eyes.

"Jin!" He screamed, grabbing Jin's chin and making him look at him.

Jin stared, shocked.

"W-what?" He stammered back.

"It's. ing. Saturday!" Namjoon answered, irritated.

Jin blushed, embarrassed.

"O-oh uh...let me just...check the time.." he mumbled, quietly, checking his phone.

"5am..." He whispered.

He slowly turned to Namjoon.

"I'm..sorry.." 

Namjoon rolled to the other side.

"Mmhmm." He answered.

Jin slowly sat back on the bed. After a few minutes of silence, he looked over at his sleeping boyfriend.

"Um...N-namjoon..." 

"Are you mad at me?"

"Namjoon?" He asked, prodding Namjoon's side.

Namjoon's eyes flew open.

"Jin! Go to sleep!"

Jin stayed quiet for a second.

"Please don't be mad at me..." 

Namjoon sighed, sitting up.

"ugh god, Babe, I'm not mad at you. I'm tired..please. let's go to sleep. Okay?" 

Jin nodded, sinking down into the bed. He laid there, restless and unsure of what to think. A few hours later, Namjoon jumped up, stretching and yawning. He decided to take a quick shower to before work. Jin sat up, waiting patiently.  With a quick peck on the lips and a wink, Namjoon was out the door. Jin wandered lazily out the room and flopped on the couch, flipping through a magazine. He spent most of the day working on the project. Eventually he decided to clean his room. As he shuffled through boxes, a photo fell to the floor. It was an old photo of his parents that he'd brought with him. He instantly smiled, tearing up. He missed them terribly.  He didn't have enough money to afford a ticket home for his upcoming school break. He felt his heart sink. Jin sighed, kissing the photo and placing it on the shelf beside his bed and continued cleaning the house. Before he knew it, Namjoon was home. He smiled softly.

"Welcome home, baby." He said.

Namjoon smiled, kissing Jin's soft cheeks. He studied Jin's expression, he cocked his head and furrowed his brows.

"Jin?" He asked.

Jin turned away, placing plates in the cupboard. 

"Hmm?" He answered.

Namjoon stepped in front of Jin, cupping his face in his hands.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

Jin gulped, shifting his gaze.

"Nothing b-"

"Sweetheart..you've been crying. What's up?" Namjoon asked, gently.

With a heavy sigh, Jin buried his face in Namjoon's neck, sobbing.

"Uh...I...I miss my parents.." he whispered.

Namjoon's eyes widened and he quickly hugged Jin tightly.

"I'm sorry, Jin." He answered, caressing his back gently in small circles.

"I wish I could see them but I've spent everything I had to come here.." Jin muttered.

Namjoon nodded, thoughtfully.

"Maybe a walk will help you clear your mind a little? Here's $40. Just go ahead, get something to drink and some food, sit by the river or park. It will help you relax. Okay?" Namjoon suggested.

Jin nodded, slowly.

"Okay..I'll be back in a while."

"Call me when you're on the way." Namjoon said, kissing Jin's forehead.

As soon as he heard the door shut, he rushed to everyone's room calling them to the living room.

"What's this about joonie?" Hoseok asked, curiously.

"How much money do we have combined?" He asked.

The others stared, shocked at such a statement.

"Well...what? Why?" Jimin asked.

"Guys...Jin really misses his parents back home. And he doesn't have enough...so I was thinking maybe if we all chip in money we could send him home for the upcoming school break?" He answered.

The others nodded in agreement.

"Okay well how much is it then?" Jungkook asked.

"Looks like $2,000 after tax for roundtrip." 

"Okay so divided by the 6 of us. We should be able to make that work no problem." Hoseok answered.

"And it's supposed to be a surprise. So don't say anything." Namjoon said.

The rest stared at him only to suddenly burst out laughing.

"Us? That's what you're worried about?" Taehyung asked.

Namjoon blushed, rolling his eyes.

"Okay but you get my point. We need to plan this perfectly. It's his summer holiday. He hasn't seen his parents for a good part of the year." Namjoon stated.

A short while later, Jin arrived back home. Namjoon was waiting for him to make sure he made it safe.  

"You waited for me?" He asked.

Namjoon nodded.

"Of course I did." He said with a smile.

Jin blushed, hugging him.

"Thank you." He mumbled.

"When does summer break start for you, babe?" Namjoon asked.

"June 1st. Why?" He questioned.

"Oh I'm just curious. That way I can know when I'll you all to myself." He said, smirking and winking.

Jin blushed, feeling weak in the knees. Over the next few weeks, the boys finished last minute projects and assignments given and it was finally the start of their summer vacation. 

"Are you ready for a true California summer?" Hoseok asked cheerfully.

Jin laughed.

"Absolutely!" He replied.

Later that night, final adjustments were being made for Jin's surprise flight. Jimin smiled, watching him and Namjoon. He decided to add Namjoon to the flight as a surprise for him too. After the adjustment's were finished, he printed out their flight tickets and followed the others for a special surprise. The boys decided a cake would be a good way to celebrate this. Jin laughed awkwardly, unsure of what to make of the situation. They knew it wasn't his birthday, so what could this mean? 

"So, Jin, we've come to know you and love you as a brother, and best friend. So we have a very special surprise for you to kick off summer vacation." Taehyung said.

Jin smiled, slowly.

"Close your eyes and hold out your hands." Taehyung instructed.

Jin did as he was told, at that moment, Jimin instructed Namjoon to do the same. He furrowed his brows but followed along. Suga handed them the papers, smiling.

"Okay, open your eyes." He said.

Jin opened his eyes, glancing down at the ticket. He eyes widened and he shrieked with excitement. Namjoon also glanced down and immediately hugged his boyfriend.

"Are you for real?!" Jin asked.

Jungkook nodded.

"This was originally Namjoon's idea but we decided last minute to add him too. You guys can have a couples holiday!" Jimin said, giggling.

"Thank you so much you guys." Namjoon said, slowly.