Listen

Balancing act

Early the next morning, Jin was jolted awake by a boom of thunder. He quickly cuddled close to Namjoon, sighing. Namjoon rolled over, swinging an arm over Jin. Jin felt his cheeks turn warm. A few hours passed and Namjoon finally woke up. They had an early flight to catch so the two of them quickly got their stuff packed up and headed for the airport. Jin stayed quiet since he was really tired still, he laid his head on Namjoon's shoulder while they waited for the flight to be called. A while later, they finally got to their seats. Jin kissed Namjoon's cheek and laid his head on his shoulder. 

"Thanks for coming with me, baby." He mumbled.

Namjoon smiled, kissing Jin's head.

"It was really fun. I'm sure we'll be back." 

Jin nodded, he felt so warm and happy being with Namjoon. He hoped this feeling would never go away. Namjoon stayed awake, reading silently while Jin slept. Namjoon smiled when he heard a small snore or Jin mumbling in his sleep. Finally, the boys made it back to California. Hoseok waited for them, waving happily as they came down the escalator. He excitedly tackled them, showering them with soft kisses.

"I missed you guys so much!" He exclaimed. 

They laughed, Namjoon hugged Hoseok, lifting him off the ground. 

He led them to his car and they made short conversation. He figured they'd talk about their trip to everyone once they arrived back at the house. After a while, they saw the house and quickly scrambled out of the car, running up the stairs. 

"We're home!" Jin called.

Immediately, the rest of their friends, tackled the two, happily. For the moment, everything felt right with the world. Jin felt a sense of happiness he'd not had in a really long time. Back home, he didn't make friends easily, so he was happy the others considered him as a friend. Later that evening, after drinks and dinner, Jin started thinking about Namjoon. He smiled, blushing.  A few minutes later, Namjoon came in the room, flashing a smile at his boyfriend. Jin waved sleepily. Namjoon flopped on the bed, sighing and wrapping a strong arm around Jin's waist and kissing his forehead, trailing kisses all over his face. Jin giggled, kissing Namjoon's lips back softly. Namjoon smiled, resting his arms on Jin's stomach and staring up at his boyfriend. Jin ruffled Namjoon's hair. The two stayed silent for the next few minutes. 

"So..do you think you'll tell your parents?" Jin asked.

Namjoon stayed quiet.

"Eventually..." He muttered.

Jin stared down at Namjoon, raising an eyebrow and frowning.

"Namjoon..." He said sternly.

Namjoon's eyes dropped down, blushing slightly. He looked like a confused little kid.

"You are going to tell them. Aren't you?"

Namjoon huffed.

"I-i...I don't know Jin..." He mumbled.

"They won't like it." 

Jin shrugged.

"Who cares?"

Namjoon shot an irritated glare up at Jin, sitting up quickly.

"Who cares?" He replied mockingly.

"I'm really close to my parents! Their opinion means everything to me! How could you say that?!" Namjoon shouted.

Jin rolled his eyes.

"Joon, come on, calm down-"

"Really? You just said my parents opinions don't matter! How am I supposed to calm down?" 

"Okay baby okay, I'm sorry. Stop being mad, I'm sorry." Jin answered.

Namjoon shook his head, leaving the room. He stormed out of the room to his own room. He flopped onto the bed, He heard a gentle knock on the door. 

"What?" He snapped.

"Whoa, what's your deal?" Hoseok asked

Namjoon sighed.

"I'm sorry Hobi. I'm just.. irritated."

"About?"

"...Jin asked me to come out to my family and I know they won't be accepting a
But he keeps asking me to. I don't want to. And what difference does it make? They aren't even here!"

Hoseok nodded.

"Well...it would make your boyfriend happy. Maybe he thinks you don't care or aren't happy to be with him." Hoseok replied.

Namjoon stayed quiet nodding. He laid on Hoseok's lap.

"I don't know what to do. He's probably so mad at me now."

Hoseok smiled 

"You'll be fine."