Back home

Balancing act

The next day, Namjoon woke up to multiple missed called from his mom and voicemails.  He quickly called him mom back.

"Mom, whats up?" He asked, worriedly.

"Son, you need to come home. Your father isnt doing well. Please...come home." She said frantically, crying over the phone.

Namjoon couldnt help but stay silent.
 
"O-okay. Ill be on the next flight." He answered quickly ending the call and packing a suitcase.

Jin's eyes fluttered open.

"Namjoon? Where are you going?" He asked, tiredly.

Namjoon sat next to Jin on the bed running his fingers through his hair and staring with a soft smile.

"Baby....my mom called, i have to go back to Korea for a while. My dad's sick."

"You're leaving? When?"

"Right now. My flight is in a few hours so I need to go. I love you honey."

Jin sat up and hugged him boyfriend tightly.  

"Please get there safely." He whispered.

Namjoon hugged back and kissed his head.

"Ill message you as soon as I can. Okay?" 

In nodded, rubbing his eyes.

Namjoon quickly shuffled into his taxi, explaining to the driver to go to the airport. The driver nidded and worked his way there. Namjoon hated leaving Jin so suddenly but he know he would understand.   Namjoon finally got the the airport and got through security and got to his gate. He texted Jin saying he made it to the airport safely. Jin had fallen back asleep shortly after Namjoon left but woke up to his message. He smiled sleepily. Finally, hours passed and Namjoon was on his way back home. He felt excited but terrified. It was still early in the day so he fell asleep for the majority of the flight. Finally, he made it to Seoul. As soon as he got off the flight, he quickly found his mom, hugging her tightly. 

"Where's dad?" He asked, instantly.

"He's at the hospital, we have to go now." She said.

The two of them took a taxi, silently staring out the window. He quickly texted Jin, saying he made it safely. 

"Who you talking to?" Namjoon's mom asked, nudging him, trying to lighten the mood.

Namjoon smiled.

"Uh...just my friend." He replied.

Suddenly, he remembered the last time he amd Jin came to korea and how upset it made jin that he wouldnt come out to his family. He sighed, trying to think of the right time to tell her. Finally, they made it to the hospital. Namjoon and his mom checked in and were able to visit his dad.

"Honey...How are you feeling?" His wife asked.

His eyes lit up and he smiled.

"Hey beautiful." He mumbled.

He saw Namjoon too.

"Hey kiddo." He said happily.

"Hey dad. How are you?" He asked.

His dad shrugged.

"Im okay. Ive been sick lately so the doctors want to keep me here to find out whats going on. But im sure ill be fine." 

The three of them stayed visiting for as long as they were able to. But then the doctor came in to tell them visiting hours were over. Namjoon and his mom walked around the city, finding a place for dinner. During dinner, Namjoon stayed quiet for most if the time. 

"Honey, your father will be fine. Is that why you are so quiet?" She asked.

Namjoon smiled.

"Well yea. Im worried about dad, but um...i have something to tell you But...im not sure I know how." He answered.

She stayed silent, waiting for him to speak.

"Mom...um...i think...im in love." He said slowly.

Her eyes widened.

"What? Honey Thats wonderful! Who is she? Someone in America?"

He laughed, blushing.

"Um...i...no. Do you remember Jin? He is my boyfriend. He is the sweetest most loving and supportive person I think ive ever met. I love him very much." He answered.

She smiled, wiping tears from her eyes.

"I'm so happy you found someone good for you."

Namjoon breathed a sigh of relief. He couldnt wait to tell Jin