Good morning

Balancing act

The next morning, Jin woke up, slowly looking around his room. He nearly forgot he was in another country. He opened the curtains, showing the bright sunshine making it's debut for the day. He smiled, excitedly. He slowly poked his head out the door, looking down the hall. He quietly tip toed around the house, hoping he was alone, but being that there was 6 others, it seemed unlikely. 

"No, Jungkook give it back!" A voice whined.

"If you want it, come get it shorty." Jungkook teased.

Jin followed the voice leading to the kitchen. He found the voices matching the boy from last night and a taller skinny boy with wide doe like eyes and a smirk spread across his face.

"Morning, Jin right?" Jimin asked.

Jin nodded quietly.

"Yea, hi. Uh-"

"This is Jungkook. And he's a brat." Jimin stated.

Jin cocked his head to the side, grabbing Jimin's hat from Jungkook and giving it back. Jimin smiled.

"Thank you, Jin!" He said happily.

"Aww." Jungkook pouted. 

"Uh...where are the others?" Jin asked.

"Suga is still sleeping, Taehyung is in class, and Namjoon and Hoseok are  at work. You should be able to meet most of them today. But Namjoon has two jobs so he might be a while."

Jin nodded, understandingly.

"I see. Um.. what is there to do? And how far is the school from here?" He asked.

"The school is only a 10 minute bus ride from here. The bus station is just around the corner." Jungkook answered.

"Oh, thank you. Um..can...one of you maybe show me around?" He asked, shyly.

Jimin smiled.

"Of course we will. We'll be roommates for a while so hopefully we all get along right?" 

Jimin and Jungkook didn't have school that day, so they showed Jin all over the place. They showed him everything from venice beach to Korea Town, all over Los Angeles. Jin felt shy for the most part, especially because it was hard to speak English. Luckily the others knew a little more so they were able to translate some. 

"Ugh...where's Namjoon when you need him!" Jungkook whined.

"Who is he?" Jin asked.

"He's amazing. He knows English fluently. He has two jobs and classes. I'm shocked he hasn't passed out from exhaustion yet!" 

The three were sat down at a restaurant, happily munching on authentic Korean food. Jin instantly felt like he was back home. He hoped his parents would be okay while he was gone. They were really close and they took care of each other well. After a long day of exploring, the boys headed home. 

"Suga? Hobi? Joonie? Tae tae?" Jungkook called out.

Hoseok and Suga came out from their room, Jimin waved them over.

"Come say Hi to our new roommate."

Suga and Hoseok nodded. 

"Hi, I'm Hoseok, this is Suga." He said smiling.

Suga waved and flashed a small smile.

"Hi. What's your name?" He asked.

"I'm J-"

Right then, Taehyung swung the front door open and slammed it shut.

He let out a loud scream.

"Uh...excuse me for a second?" Jungkook said, going to check on Taehyung.

"What's wrong?" He whispered.

"I'm had a rough day. First, I woke up late, then I missed the bus, then I realized I left my homework here! Also! I failed my math test! Ugh! What else could go wrong?" He said, irritated.

"Well I'm sorry you had a rough day but um...we have a new roommate...he's very nice. Kind of shy. Uh...would you like to meet him?" Jungkook responded.

Taehyung huffed, slightly annoyed but agreed anyway.

"Hey guys, Taehyung is home!" He said excited.

"You must be the new person." Taehyung said, calmly.

"Yes, I'm Jin. Nice to meet you." He said.

Taehyung nodded, tiredly yawning. 

"I'm going to my room, nice meeting you." He said.

"So uh...what would guys like to do? We could watch a movie or something..." Hoseok suggested.

The others nodded in agreement. They watched episodes of the masked singer until the early morning hours, eventually, falling asleep on the floor and couches. Jin still felt nervous but slowly felt like he would warm up to the others soon. Around 3am,  Namjoon tiredly walked quietly through the door. He shut it slowly as he could manage. Jin stirred, waking up from the sound of foot steps. He only saw a shadow of Namjoon before drifting back off at sleep.