Making memories

Balancing act

Oer the next few months, the boys did their best in classes and work. Jin and Namjoon were doing amazing. They both felt so happy with eachother thus far. Jin skyped with his parents often. He had yet to tell them about Namjoon.

"So, Jin, got your eye on any special girls?" His mother questioned.

Jin laughed awkwardly, blushing.

"Mom....i'm only supposed to be here for school.." He commented.

His parents stared back at him, blankly.

"So, who is she?"

Jin choked on air.

"Mom!" He whined.

"What? I just want you to be happy. if you don't want to tell us yet, you don't have to."

Jin nodded.

"Okay. Then i won't. love you bye!" He said quickly before ending the call.

Jin sighed deeply, sinking to the floor and burying his face in his hands, groaning. 

"What am i going to do..." He murmured to himself.

Jin sat thinking of ridiculous things to say to make his parents stop asking that. To him, it seemed like they asked that question every time they spoke. He wished they would discuss other things but he wasn't sure what else to talk about. Suddenly, he heard a gentle knock against the door frame. he quickly shot his head up, staring slightly teary eyed at a perplexed looking Namjoon. Jin slowly stood up, wrapping his arms tightly around Namjoon's waist, burying his face in the crook of Namjoon's neck. Namjoon brought a hand to Jin's head, caressing his hair softly. Jin started crying quietly. Namjoon quickly kissed Jin's tears away.

"Baby...what's wrong? Why are you so upset?" He asked.

Jin took a deep breath, Shaking his head slowly.

"I...I can't tell them." He whispered.

Namjoon hugged him tightly.

"Baby, I never expected you to. At least not now. Not until you're ready."

Jin stared, wide eyed.

"B-but...you aren't mad?" He asked, nervously.

Namjoon shook his head.

"No. Yes, you are my boyfriend, but just because we're official, doesn't mean our parents have to know. Mine still don't know."

Jin sighed a sigh of relief.

"Thank you." He said, weakly.

Namjoon kissed Jin's forehead softly.

"It'll be okay." He whispered, Holding Jin closely.

"Hey, lets go for a walk. hmm?" Namjoon suggested.

Jin nodded, following along.

They walked hand in hand, cuddling up close when they could. They stopped by a field, Jin stared, stunned by how bold the scenery shown before him. Namjoon smiled, softly. He loved how Jin's eyes sparkled whenever he was truly happy. He could stare into Jin's blissful expression for eternity if given the oppurtunity. Jin laced his fingers carefully with Namjoon's, kissing his cheek.

"Thank you." He whispered.

Namjoon smiled back at him.

 

As the sun was setting over the glorious California cities Jin and Namjoon decided to use their oppurtunity to get dinner and drinks. They found a small, simple restaurant and bar. Jin excitedly looked over the menu, amazed at the amount of options they had. After throwing back several shots and drinks, the two of them were cut off, forced to pay, and leave. By this time, it was late out, nobody was out on the roads. They laughed about how grumpy the manager sounded and that they were just having fun. Shortly afterwards, They arrived outside their house. Namjoon stared lovingly at Jin, Before going inside He asked:

"Do you wanna dance with me?" 

Jin smiled, nodding.

"I'd love to." He responded.

The two slow danced in the street outside the house. Once again, Jin's eyes sparkled, looking at Namjoon. Namjoon couldn't help but blush bright red and smile. Jin kissed Namjoon's soft pink lips, slowly. Namjoon felt his face heat up, He felt like he could faint, the way Jin made his heart flutter and beat as fast as it was. Jin started tearing up, smiling happily. He's never felt so happy before. Finally, they decided to sneak into the house, hoping not to wake the others. Successful in their sneaking in, They wandered to Jin's room. Jin yawned tiredly.

"Tired, are we?" Namjoon said, ruffling his hair.

Jin nodded cutely, pouting.

Namjoon leaned down, kissing Jin's lips quickly.

Namjoon took his shirt off, exposing his toned body. He crawled in bed next to Jin, gently wrapping an arm around Jin's waist. Jin held Namjoon's hand to his chest, bringing to his lips, kissing it softly before falling into a peaceful slumber. The next morning, Namjoon awoke before Jin. He smiled and quickly ran to the store, hoping to arrive back home before Jin woke up. Namjoon found a shop selling flowers. He felt excited when he found ones that had sunflowers in them. He quickly bought them and rushed quickly back to the house. He decided to wrote a small note for Jin when he woke up.

"Good Morning beautiful, Have a great day, Okay? See you tonight. xoxo

             -Namjoon"

Namjoon had to get ready for work, so he set the flowers Jin's desk. A while later, Jin woke up, slightly still hungover, groggy from the night before. He sleepily looked around his room, noticing Namjoon was gone. He sighed, then looked towards his desk, noticing the beautiful arrangement of flowers. A smile crept slowly across his face as he began to blush. He read the note, smiling more.

"I think i might love this man already.." He thought to himself.