Playing house

Balancing act

The next morning, Jin woke up, noticing he was the only one left out in the living room. He figured the others had gone to bed or out to school or work. He got up and started to make breakfast for himself. Namjoon slowly walked out of his room. He didn't realize Jin would be awake so he was in plaid pajama pants and shirtless with ruffled hair.  He tiredly opened the fridge, not yet noticing Jin. Jin placed his hand on Namjoon's accidentally and  and both boys flinched and Namjoon screamed, surprised.

"Who are you?" He asked, quickly.

Jin bowed immediately.

"Sorry for scaring you. I'm Jin. I'm an exchange student here..." He said, softly, staring at Namjoon.

Namjoon nodded, silently, keeping his eyes locked on Jin.

"Oh..right.  Well, nice to finally meet you. How do you California so far?" Namjoon answered.

"It's warm." 

Namjoon nodded, looking towards the counter. Jin followed his gaze, finally remembering he was making breakfast.

"U-uh...I'm making breakfast. Do you want something?" He asked.

Namjoon checked the time, sighing.

"Uh...I shouldn't. I have to get ready for class and then I have work after that so I'll be home late.." He replied.

Jin nodded.

"Aww I'm sorry. Well...have a good day at work and class then." 

Namjoon nodded heading back towards his room to get ready for the day. A while later, he left for class, waving goodbye to Jin. Jin started thinking about Namjoon and how he might not be eating all day. Jin decided to go wander around local markets and find fresh fruit, veggies and meat to cook for dinner. Later that evening, Jin stumbled upon  a small booth selling small lucky cat figures and fans. He excitedly picked out a few. It was near lunar New year anyway so he figured he'd decorate a little around the house. He wanted to surprise the others so he hurried home. He happily put the small figures around the house, hoping they wouldn't mind much. Later that night, the others came home, said a quick hello and went to their rooms. Once again, Jin fell asleep on the couch, watching TV. Namjoon came home, noticing him passed out on the couch. He grabbed a blanket from the closet nearby and laid it over Jin's shivering body. He turned off the TV and closed the window, heading to bed. Jin looked cozy so he didn't want to wake him. Early the next morning, Jin woke up, noticing the blanket draped over him. 

"I don't remember this being here.." he said, thinking out loud. 

"Namjoon must've put that there. You must've looked cold to him." Jungkook said.

"That was sweet of him..why would he do that?" He questioned.

Jungkook shrugged.

"He's kind of like our older brother or the dad of the group. He may not be the actual oldest by age but he takes care of us." Jungkook said with a find smile.

Jin smiled, blushing slightly.

"That's so nice. I should do something for him." He thought to himself.

Once everyone was busy or gone, Jin got to work on making dinner for Namjoon. He knew he'd be home quite late once again. He made sure the others were taken care of too and soon he didn't feel so alone. He cleaned around the house to help out. Namjoon wandered through the door, earlier than usual.

"Hey Namjoon, you're home early." Jimin said with a happy smile.

Namjoon nodded.

"Yea, I only had one job today. It looks so nice in here." He said, looking around the room.

Jimin nodded.

"Jin cleaned the entire house today. He also cooked dinner for us." 

Namjoon smiled.

"That's nice of him." He said.

Jin came out of his room.

"Hey joon. You're home early. I made dinner for you. It's in the fridge. Also I made you lunch for tomorrow." 

Namjoon blushed, laughing slightly.

"Thank you. But you didn't have to. You're not my wife." He teased.

Jin laughed.

"Well no but I'm older so therefore I take care of the kids. Including you." He stated.

Namjoon sighed in relief.

"Thank you." 

Jin and Namjoon clicked instantly. The two of them soon became inseparable. Constantly doing small nice things for each other. On Namjoon's late night job, he was left alone most of the time so him and Jin would text as much as they could get away with before the boss on duty would catch Namjoon and scold him for being on his phone during work hours.

"Who are you texting so much that they need more attention than work?" His boss asked.

Namjoon shrugged.

"Uh...new roommate." He answered, smiling.