Home sweet home

Balancing act

Early that following morning, Jin excitedly started packing his suitcase. Namjoon was still sleeping. Jin smiled, playfully poking his side.

"Baby...Wake up!"

Namjoon stirred, sleepily.

Jin laughed, smacking him with a pillow.

Namjoon instantly jumped up, tackling Jin and tickling his bare skin. Jin giggled pushing Namjoon's hands away, Namjoon pecked Jin's lips quickly and smiled. Jin blushed, smiling.

"We need to pack." Jin stated.

Namjoon nodded, smiling back, simply stating at Jin. Jin felt his cheeks get hot. He furrowed his brows, shifting his gaze back and forth.

"What?" He questioned.

Namjoon shrugged.

"Oh nothing." He replied.

Jin shook his head and continued packing. Once they were finished, Hoseok drove the two to the airport. 

Namjoon leaned on Jin's shoulder, shutting his eyes and quietly snoring. Once they arrived at the airport, Jin quickly shook him to wake up.

 "We're at the airport." He said, happily.

Namjoon nodded, rubbing his eyes and yawning. Jin ushered his boyfriend out of the car and down the the the TSA lines. Hoseok quickly hugged them goodbye and started back towards the car. Once the two of them got to their flight gate, they found a bench and relaxed until their flight was called. 

"You excited?" Jin asked.

Namjoon nodded.

"Yes I am...but...um..doesn't this mean I'll be meeting your family?"

Jin's eyes widened slowly.

"Um... yes." He answered.

Namjoon laughed, ruffling his hair.

"Baby, did you forget? I also have family in Korea? If your family is so against us, we can just go stay with my parents." 

Jin laughed, blushing, embarrassed.

"U-uh..right. but I think it will be fine." 

"Well sure, but there's nothing wrong with a back up plan." Namjoon said.

Finally, their flight was called and they quickly found their seats. The two of them were still tired so they slept for the first few hours of their flight. Namjoon was awoken by a flight attendant offering drinks and snacks. Namjoon nodded, smiling. He grabbed a drink and snacks for Jin when he woke up. For the time being, Namjoon read a book that he had brought along with him. Before he knew it, a few hours passed and Jin woke up. 

"Morning." Namjoon muttered.

Jin smiled, leaning on Joon's shoulder. Finally, their long flight came to an end. The two  shuffled out of the plane and into the airport. Namjoon sighed, content.

"Wow, it's been years since I've been here." He said, smiling.

Jin smiled, studying Namjoon's child-like expression. He carefully laced his fingers in between Namjoon's. Namjoon brought Jin's hand to his lips, kissing it gently. Jin and Namjoon wandered around Seoul, trying different food vendors and checking out the shops in the area. After a while, Jin decided to go home. He started to feel nervous now because he wasn't out to his parents yet. He wasn't sure how they would react, if at all. They stood outside the fence. Jin gulped nervously, looking at Namjoon. Namjoon flashed a reassuring smile and gently nudged him to enter. Jin nodded, carefully knocking on the door. Shortly after, Jin's mom answered the door.

"Who's here do late?" She mutter to herself.

Her eyes widened as soon as she saw Jin. She hurriedly pulled him and Namjoon I side the house hugging her beloved son tightly. 

"Honey! Our son has returned!" She yelled, excitedly.

His father came running from the kitchen, practically lifting Jin off the ground, laughing. 

"Ah and you brought a friend." His mother said, bowing towards Namjoon.

Namjoon blushed, bowing back.

"Are you his housemate?" His father asked.

Namjoon nodded.

"Yes sir. He's been great company to have." Namjoon said, placing a hand on Jin's shoulder.

Jin smiled.

"Well since this was a surprise visit we haven't cleaned much or made a proper dinner.. um..." Jin's mother started saying, getting slightly frantic.

Jin chuckled.

"Mom, it's alright. We'll just stay in my room, we ate already so we're not very hungry." 

She nodded, almost sighing in relief.

"Well, we can at least prepare breakfast for you tomorrow." She said, patting his check.

He smiled, nodding.

"Thank you, anyway, it's late so we should sleep soon." 

Jin led Namjoon to his room. Once they got there, Namjoon immediately hugged Jin. 

"Can you believe we're here?" He whispered.

Jin smiled.

"It's good to be home." He answered.

"Thank you..for making this a possibility." 

Namjoon nodded.

"You're important to me. Your happiness becomes my happiness." He said, kissing Jin's lips softly.

Namjoon and Jin crawled into bed. Jin wrapped his arms around Namjoon's bare stomach. He kissed the back of Namjoon's head, leading down the the nape of his neck. Namjoon shivered slightly at the contact.

"N-namjoon.." he whispered.

"Yes?" He answered.

"How are we going to tell them?"

Namjoon shrugged.

"Just simply let them know?"

Jin sighed.

"I guess we'll see what they say..."

Namjoon chuckled softly.

"Don't worry to much baby." He said, kissing Jin's cheek.

The next morning, Jin and Namjoon were up early, helping make breakfast. 

"So, Jin, have you met any cute girls in the states?" She asked.

He shifted his gaze back and forth.

"Uh...no." he answered 

"Well, Namjoon do you have a girlfriend? You're both so handsome too!"

Namjoon laughed, shaking his head.

"No, I'm not interested in that for the moment." 

"Oh, well...I'm sure you two will meet someone very soon. I-"

Jin locked eyes with Namjoon. Without thinking, he says

"I already have, mom."

"Oh good, is she pretty? What's her name? Does she treat my son well?"she questioned.

Jin, still keeping his eyes on Namjoon. Jin clears his throat.

"He, is absolutely stunning. He treats me better than what I ever thought I was worthy of. He works so hard, day and night. Working and going to school. He's standing right next to you."

Jin's mother stayed quiet for a few seconds, processing the information she was just given. Then, she smiled. She hugged Namjoon tightly.

"Thank you. Please, Continue loving my son to the best of your ability." She whispered.

Namjoon nodded, bowing slightly.

"Of course I will." He replied.

She also hugged Jin.

"And you, take care of him too. I can tell, he cares so much."

Jin nodded in return.

The rest of the morning was filled with talk of their time together so far, how they met, adventures they've been on or plan to do. As soon and him and Namjoon were free to go sight seeing by themselves, Jin let out a heavy sigh of relief.

"That went better than expected." Namjoon commented.

Jin laughed, hugging him."

"Yea, It did." He answered.

"Hey, do you want to have a picnic?" Jin asked.

Namjoon stared, confused.

"A..what?" He asked.

Jin laughed.

"You've never had a picnic before? We can make or buy food and bring to a nice area, like a park or beach and we enjoy the food outside." 

Jin held his hand gently, leading him to the convenience store first.

"Let's get some snacks and drinks first!" He said, excited.

Namjoon smiled, he loved seeing Jin happy.

After that, they wandered to different food vendors, getting a wonderful assortment of different foods to try, including some childhood favorites. Namjoon tried fish bread and couldn't stop eating it. Jin laughed at him stuffing his face.

"We're not even sitting down yet! At least let's find a place before you eat all of them." Jin scolded.

The boys found a shady grassy area by the river to have their picnic.

"I could do this all the time." Namjoon stated.

Jin nodded.

"So even in California, you never did this?" He asked.

Namjoon shrugged.

"Does eating outside on lunch at work count?" He asked, genuinely curious.

Jin laughed.

"No."

"Then, no. I haven't. It's so peaceful here. Everyone seems so happy here." 

Jin laid on Namjoon's lap, Namjoon instantly started playing with his hair.

The two them remained in a comfortable silence for quite some time, just simply enjoying each other's company and watching as the sun started to set.