Nightmare

Balancing act

Namjoon laid in bed, irritated. The next morning, he wake up early for work. He and Jin walked out of their rooms at the same time, staring awkwardly. 

"Um..morning..." Jin mumbled.

"Hi.." Namjoon answered, walking past him.

The two barely spoke for the morning. As the day went on, he tried texting and calling Namjoon but didn't get many responses. He felt guilty and worried. Finally, once his classes finished for the day, he walked over to Namjoon's job to pick him up. He waited patiently for his boyfriend. Namjoon smiled shyly.

"Jin? What are you..doing here?" He asked."

"I thought maybe we could grab some food before we go back home for the day." Jin stated.

"Um..sure." Namjoon agreed.

A little while passed and Namjoon clocked out and walked up to Jin.

"Ready?" He asked.

Jin smiled, nodding.

"So, where do you want to go?" He asked.

Namjoon shrugged.

"I don't know. Don't really care..you pick something." He said.

Jin rolled his eyes.

"You always do this" he muttered.

 They stopped by a coffee shop near the house. The two talked about their days, eventually Namjoon went to the restroom for a few minutes. He noticed a group of girls checking Jin out on the way there. He got a knot in his stomach. One of the girls felt brave and came to talk to Jin.

"Hi, how's your day going?" She asked, sweetly.

Jin smiled.

"Hi, I'm doing fine and you?" He asked.

"I'm good, so, I haven't seen you here before. Are you new to the area?" She asked.

He nodded.

"Well I've been here a few months." He answered.

"Oh well maybe I can..show you around." She said, winking.

He blushed slightly.

"Um...w-well...I don't know. I have roommates."

"Well if you change your mind, here's my number." She said, writing her number on his hand.

Namjoon came out from the restroom, seeing the girl sitting with Jin. He furrowed his brows.

"Honey, who's your friend?" He asked.

Jin looked up.

"Uh...this is...I don't know her name.." he answered.

She turned around.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"His boyfriend." Namjoon stated.

She blushed embarrassed.

"Uh...I think I see my friends.." she answered quickly, leaving.

Namjoon crossed his arms across his chest staring at Jin. Jin shrugged.

"What? It's not like I invited her over babe." He said. 

Namjoon rolled his eyes.

"Can we just go?" He asked.

Jin nodded, following behind him. Namjoon noticed the ink on Jin's hand. 

"What the hell is this?" He asked, angrily.

"It's not what you think!"

"It looks like that es number!" He shouted.

"I...it is...but I didn't ask for it!" Jin replied.

"What?" Namjoon asked.

Jin rolled his eyes.

"Ugh I'm so sick of this! You're always so jealous! I'm allowed to make friends!"

"She didn't want to be your friend ! She wanted to sleep with you!" 
 
As the week went on, the two of them hardly spoke. It seemed as if the only time they did, arguments took place. One day, Namjoon came home from work. He saw Jin sitting on the couch, he slowly turned around, heading to his room. Jin sighed shaking his head. 

"I didn't want this to happen." He whispered.

He knocked on Namjoon's door before opening it carefully.

"Namjoon?" He said.

"Um...hi." He answered.

"How...was work?" He asked.

"It was fine. How was your day?" He asked.

Jin shrugged. 

"Fine. Just wanted to see if you were okay..um.." he said, finishing with a huff.

"What's wrong with us?" He asked.

Namjoon shrugged.

"Who says anything is wrong?"

Jin glared at him.

"Seriously? It's not normal to come home and not sit next to your boyfriend...you always used to. Do you want to break up?" He asked.

Namjoon narrowed his eyes.

"You'd like that wouldn't you?  what if I'm tired and just want to relax after a long day? You know it's been nothing but fighting since we got back from Korea! Look, I love you but maybe we need a bit of a....a break.." He said, voice breaking.

Jin stayed silent.

"U-uhm...o-okay..." He said slowly.

I'm gonna go for a walk .."

The second Namjoon heard the door shut he screamed out loud and punched the walk. He broke down in tears, leaning around the wall, shaking.

"What have I done?" He asked.

A few hours passed, Namjoon cried himself to sleep. He was in the midst of a nightmare.

"Jin? W-where are you going?"

"Back home."

"What? But..you are home."

"No, back to Korea. I can't stay here anymore."

"What do you mean? I can't just up and leave I mean-"

"That's why I'm the only one leaving. I'm done with you. I can't handle you anymore."

"Wait Jin what are you saying? That you're just giving up? After all this time and you're just gonna leave? Just like that?" Namjoon asked, sobbing.

Jin shrugged.

"We had a good run." He replied.

Namjoon jolted awake in a cold sweat. He slowly felt the space next to him, noticing Jin wasn't there. He instantly started sobbing.  Namjoon slowly wandered out to the kitchen to get some water and try to calm down a bit.  He took a deep breath, staring out into the backyard. Jin came back from clearing his head and noticed Namjoon. He walked up behind him.

"Namjoon?" He whispered.

"Baby what's up?" He asked.

Instantly Namjoon launched himself towards Jin, hugging him tightly.

"I'm so sorry!" He said, crying.

"What?" Jin asked.

"I'm sorry, please don't leave me. I know I haven't been easy to deal with lately." 

"Shhh, Joonie, You gonna tell me what this all about?" He asked, wiping Namjoon's tears.

"I-i...had a nightmare...that you didn't love me anymore. You said you couldn't handle me anymore and had to leave. When I woke up and didn't feel you next to me I thought it was real..." 

Jin hugged him tightly, kissing his forehead.

"We've had our fights but I love you, and I'm not going anywhere."