The Ticket

The Reckless Racoon and the Tame Tigress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Rose told me she sent you to the 3R corner yesterday."

"She was being a spoilt brat."

"Really? She told me you didn't keep to your promise of getting her a new water bottle after accidentally breaking her favourite bottle."

"I've been busy," Irene grumbled, dismayed by the blabbermouth of a niece that was Rose.

"You wouldn't have gotten into trouble if you didn't promise her the specific date she would be receiving her new bottle."

"Well, I already got her the bottle she wanted. We surfed some childish online shop for her to pick a new one and it'll be delivered some time next week."

"Let me just give you a tip next time when you have to handle young children: don't give them an actual date. You're going to be in deep waters when you don't live up to their expectations."

"Point noted, thank you," Irene responded sarcastically.

"Rose said you refused to go to the corner until she did something," Wendy said, eyeing the polaroid photo on the wall. Irene was surely a dedicated person. She wondered how the woman sitting opposite her was so willing to go the extra mile just to remove the photo and put it in her wallet, and then put it back on the wall again on days Wendy would be dropping by.

"She's telling lies."

"I'm sure she is," Wendy said with a snigger. She decided to spare Irene of further embarrassment. Rose had informed her that only upon mentioning "Miss Wendy" did Irene immediately offer to have her water bottled ordered online. When Irene refused to go to the 3R corner to 'reflect', Rose had to once again mention "Miss Wendy" just to get her aunt moving.

"Have you packed for the trip?" Irene asked, changing the subject.

"I have. Why is your business trip so long though?"

"Why are you complaining when everything is paid for?"

"Calm down tigress, I was just wondering."

 

"I'm going to miss you," Joy said to Wendy as she engulfed her bestfriend in a crushing hug.

"Me too," Wendy choked, struggling to break free from the hug. "Park Sooyoung, you're trying to kill me, aren't you?"

Joy cackled, letting her friend go. She patted the shorter girl's head. "Enjoy your honeymoon."

"It's not a honeymoon."

"Sure, keep telling yourself that." Joy shot a glance at Irene who was speaking to another lady. "You know, that fake fiancee of yours has trust issues. She's always stealing some glances over here."

"Ignore her," Wendy said, waving her hand dismissively. "She's just a bit bothered that we sleep together."

"Big deal," Joy snorted. "Tell her I'm not into short girls."

"Rude!" Wendy scowled. "You're not that tall. When all your other friends gather together, you're the shortest."

"Oh yeah? At least I'm still taller than your fake fiancee," Joy smirked. "Doubt her warmth at night is as good as mine."

"If you're inclined to believe so, then I shall rest my case."

The banter between the two friends were interrupted when Irene came, informing Wendy that they should check in. 

"Shall we go?" Irene asked.

"Sure, let's go."

They bade their farewell and headed to the departure transit hall. 

Seulgi had taken notice of the tall lady who had been talking to Wendy. She tried to get some information out of Irene regarding the oddly familiar looking lady, but the COO only gave a non-committal shrug.

"Hey, you look familiar," Seulgi stated, trying to recall where she had seen Joy.

"You're not to me and I don't know you," Joy replied with sass. 

"Ah!" Seulgi finally realised why the lady standing in front of her looked so familiar. "Aren't you kkyeopjoy?"

Who the heck are you? was what Joy wanted to say. But of course, she couldn't be rude to a stranger. That would be uncalled for. "Yeah I am. Who are you?"

"Kkangseul."

"You're Kkangseul?!" Joy's eyes widened in shock, before they narrowed again like pincers. "You need to get your whacked."

"What?" Seulgi didn't know if she had heard it accurately, but it sounded like Joy said something along the lines of whacking her .

"Nothing. I've seen you a few times during the ranked match. Your team's always winning against mine. What's your secret?"

"Shall we discuss this over a meal? I'll treat you." Seulgi suggested. She had high hopes, and was prayi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter