The Restrain

The Reckless Racoon and the Tame Tigress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy woke up to an empty space next to her. It was three in the afternoon. That was a good nap, she thought to herself. She proceeded to the bathroom to wash up and then headed out to the living room. 

"Good afternoon, princess," Yeri greeted her cheerily. "That heavy lunch must have caused severe food coma, haven't it?"

"I wouldn't call an hour nap a severe consequence of food coma," Wendy replied in jest. "Where's the rest?"

"Gramps out with Irene and Jess to get some groceries for dinner. Tiff is in her room, making sure that Rose gets her full two hours nap."

"Oh." Wendy took a quick glance at the television screen. "You're watching Parasite?"

"Hell yeah, this show is good. Come sit with me."

Wendy walked over to the sofa and found her place at the end of the sofa.

"So what do you think of my sister?" Yeri asked suddenly.

"Temperamental. She throws a temper tantrum every now and then. She has bad mood swings. And she's confusing."

"Confusing how?"

"She came by at my workplace to apologise and handed a red velvet cupcake which she made. She was oddly polite. But the next time we met at her office she was back to her usual moody self. I don't even know what's her problem."

"Then we can safely assume she likes you."

"Why would she? She doesn't seem like the type who would take an interest in me."

Yeri became more curious. "So what do you think is her type?"

"With how she is, probably she prefers someone docile. Someone who submits to her demands."

Yeri raised an eyebrow. "And you don't think you are?"

Offended by Yeri's rhetorical question, Wendy fired back, "Do I look like a puppy to you?"

Yeri reached out for the remote and clicked the pause button. She looked at Wendy with the trademark smile of hers. "My sister had a girlfriend," she started. Yeri figured it would be good to reveal some background information about Irene to Wendy. "She was half feisty and half cute. Much like you. Though she looked y, unlike you. Irene used to be a puppy. She was all head over heels for her former partner. She was willing to do anything and everything. But it didn't work out in the end, and Irene just decided that being the giver in a relationship brought her nowhere. Hence explains her current attitude."

"Why didn't they work out?"

"Her ex wanted to be free. She didn't want to be tied down so they broke up. It was mutual though," Yeri stated with a shrug. "Irene didn't really reveal much to us. She took it pretty well, we assumed, since she didn't switch to depressed mode."

"Yet this ex of hers made Irene the person she is today?"

"I won't really say entirely. I mean, Irene has always been a perfectionist. And she's always been about a number of things..."

The conversation stopped as soon as they heard the beep of the digital door lock. The door swung open with both Jessica and Irene streaming in, carrying bags of groceries with them.

"Yeri can you give me a helping hand?"

"Sure!"

As Yeri sprang out of her seat to help her eldest sister, Wendy could sense the icy stare Irene was giving her from afar.

 

"You enjoy talking to her?" Irene asked in nonchalance, as she eased herself under the duvet.

It had been a pretty long day for Irene. She had to prepare dinner with Yeri, since Jessica and Tiffany had their turn two weeks before. Wendy had initiated to help since she was a pretty good cook herself, but Irene refused to let her enter, on the grounds that it was impolite for a guest to help out.

"I call that bull," Yeri pointed out as she boiled the beef seaweed soup.

"She's our guest, it's impolite to let her do any form of chores at our house," Irene maintained.

"She's your fiancee. At least let

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter