The Troubled One

The Reckless Racoon and the Tame Tigress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy had been dropping by the office more often. It was expected of her to do so, since according to Irene, Soo Man could drop by anytime and if he did come in to inspect, Wendy would need to be present.

It baffled the blonde sometimes as to why Irene was so focused on pleasing Soo Man, as she recalled the conversation she had with him at the garden.

Perhaps it was the fact that Irene was his favourite granddaughter, that he loved her more than her own parents. He and his late wife took her in when her parents paid no attention to her. She clearly loved him more than her own parents, that was something Wendy could be certain of.

Irene probably did not want to disappoint Soo Man. She wanted to present the best version of herself. She couldn't fail. Because failure did not exist in Irene's personal dictionary. She was a perfectionist, and she wanted to be in control of everything.

Wendy was experienced when it came to observing and analysing one's behaviour, or way of life. Irene, as much as she strived to appear cool and stoic, was in fact an open book. For the most part, of course. There had been occasions where Wendy could not quite understand the rationale behind Irene's actions, or reactions.

The day at work handling uncooperative children drained Wendy's energy. Chasing after young devils had caused her to look unflattering. Wendy was not one to care much about her appearance, but she figured she should at the very least look acceptable in front of Irene. There was an image to uphold in front of Irene's staff. Wendy could not look sloppy. It would reflect badly on Irene too.

Upon exiting the lift, Wendy headed to the washroom with the intention to add more colour to her face. She pushed the door open but was surprised to hear sniffles coming from one of the cubicles. Her gaze trailed to the last cubicle. She decided to ignore it, assuming that the person inside was probably going through a post break-up heartbreak. Irene had told to her to mind her own business multiple times, Wendy figured that would be the best to follow the COO's command.

She walked to the washstand and took out her pouch. That was when the person in the cubicle finally stepped out.

"Sorry, I didn't know there was someone else here." The girl sounded apologetic, as if she had caused some inconvenience towards Wendy.

"That's fine." Wendy didn't want to continue the conversation further, but she got worried seeing the poor state of the girl. "Hey, you okay?"

The girl walked to the washstand beside Wendy and the faucet to rinse her face. "I'm fine, Mrs Bae," she replied.

"Mrs Bae?" Wendy repeated in confusion. 

"You're Ms Irene's fiancee right?"

It just dawned on Wendy that she knew nothing about Irene. She didn't know Irene's family name. She didn't even know Irene's Korean name. For all the times she was with Irene's family, she had never once heard Irene being addressed by her Korean name. The only person who was called by her Korean name was Yeri.

"I'm Wendy. Irene and I are not married so you don't have to address me as Mrs Bae."

"Oh, sorry Wendy. I'll keep that in mind."

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I am. Don't worry," the girl responded assuringly. "I'll have to get back to work."

"In this condition? I don't think you should."

"I don't have a choice. I'm just an employee." She winced a smile. It was painful for Wendy to watch. "Thank you, for asking how I am. I appreciate it, Wendy."

 

 

"We need to create a 'cool down' corner for you so that you can calm down and reflect on your poor management of your anger."

"I am not your student."

"Stop yapping. It hurts my ears everytime you get all fiesty and naggy."

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter