The Revenge

The Reckless Racoon and the Tame Tigress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bubbles of dread started surfacing, and Wendy gulped as she stared at the sign board of the hotel from her car seat.

"Amazed by the grandeur?" There was an air of arrogance and superiority as Irene asked the rhetorical question. 

"As if," Wendy scoffed. "You do know that I am quite well to do right? Unlike you, I actually worked my way up to be where I am now," the blonde continued, knocking the conceited girl off her high horse.

"I did work hard," Irene mumbled, her ego already suffering a slight bruise. "Are you always this snarky?"

"I would have been more polite if you started all of it right."

"Petty," Irene muttered again, under her breath. She didn't want to refute out loud for she knew how it would turn out. Wendy always had something to retort and Irene would not want to subject herself to getting embarrassed. She unbuckled her seat belt, and shot a quick glance at Wendy, who was apparently struggling to unbuckle herself.

"A fancy car and the seat belt isn't even in a working condition," Wendy grunted, as she fumbled trying to unbolt the buckle.

Irene crossed her arms, observing the damsel in distress trying to let herself free. She would offer her help, but witnessing a struggling Wendy brought her much enjoyment.

Huh, karma.

"You're my fiancee and you're not even trying hard enough to be in character."

Irene had to blink multiple times to fully comprehend what Wendy was saying to her. "I'm sorry?"

"Your grandfather is 20 metres away and you really want to make him wait for you to get us out of the car?"

Irene let out a dry laugh. She totally knew what Wendy was up to. "Your pride is out of the world. Just say you need my help. What's so difficult?"

"Coming from the same person who tried to order me into being her fake fiancee."

"Fine." Irene gave up. Wendy seemed far smarter than she had made out to be. Arguing with the blonde any further would only waste both of their energy. She moved over to Wendy's passenger seat and pulled the shoulder strap to extend it longer, before letting it retract slow. The close proximity between her and Wendy made her breath hitch.

Wendy seemed frozen in time, after inhaling a whiff of Irene's floral based scent. She recognised the fragrance; it was Romantica Exotica by Anna Sui. At that moment, it felt as if every working cell and nerve in Wendy had shut down on her.

Irene's eyes trailed down to Wendy's lips before glancing back up to lock gaze with the blonde.

Click.

Irene made her retreat after releasing the buckle. Looking away, she added, "Let's go."

 

"Welcome to the family my newest granddaughter!" 

While Wendy had expected to be receive a warm response from Irene's grandfather, she certainly did not expect him to embrace her in a warm hug. She patted him awkwardly on the back. "Happy birthday, Mr Soo Man."

"I'm so glad I finally get to meet you! This rascal has been delaying letting me see you for far too long. She really is the death of me."

A sullen look plastered on Irene's face. She didn't like getting publicly shamed by her grandfather. 

"Don't forget, you owe me a lifetime supply of ice cream," Rose nudged her and gave an impish smile.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter