The Restless Damsel

The Reckless Racoon and the Tame Tigress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Apologies as I had posted a draft of the chapter before finishing it. Here's the completed one if you've already read the drafted one :)

---

"If I were your employee, I'll dread coming to work."

Wendy decided to be honest with Irene. She did not at one bit, liked the environment of the company. Daehan Holdings was a giant corporation in the electronics industry of the country. The entire company occupied close to three Olympic sized swimming pools. There were four different focal towers- the East, West, North and South.

 

The moment Wendy stepped into the building at the East Wing, no one smiled. She passed through the gantry then entered the lift, and everyone was silent. All she could hear was the 'ding' of the elevator everytime it stopped at a floor. She remembered someone pressing '15' on the elevator buttons, the same level she was headed to. The person, had a broad charismatic smile, seemingly harmless but Wendy wasn't one to be fooled easily.

The girl had her eyes subtly tracing the curves of Wendy's body, from top to bottom. "You must be Wendy."

"How did-"

"Seulgi. The general manager here. Irene told me about you. Goodluck, gorgeous. Hit me up if things don't work out between you two." Seulgi winked, before gesturing for Wendy to move out as they had reached the intended floor.

Wendy gave a half-smile. What a flirt. They entered the office, the atmosphere was much more austere. Silence and the air of tension was blanketing the whole office. Everyone in the office shot brief glances at Wendy before their gaze landed swiftly on their computer screens again.

And then, she finally understood why.

Irene was standing at the door of her private office.

 

"Why's that so?" Irene asked, redirecting Wendy's attention back to her.

"No one dared to make a sound when you were out there to bring me in. You're a monster boss. Did you see the droplets of sweat on their forehead? Some even had their perspiration trickling down the side of their faces that it smudged their make up. Clearly it shows you're a nightmare to work for."

"That's utter nonsense."

"In denial. What's new, really..."

"Okay, enough about my employees. You're not here to give feedback on how my company is run. That's not your area of your expertise, since it's all rainbows and unicorns in your industry, which I don't care about at all." Irene didn't like whenever someone pointed out how she should run her business. "Let's talk about my grandfather's birthday which is this coming Saturday. I don't want you to end up embarrassing yourself so let me tell you the list of responses you need to remember in case my grandfather asks. I don't want you to end up like a deer caught in the headlights. And, don't babble too much if you don't want to dig a grave."

"Funny how you're the one blabbering now."

Irene shot Wendy a death glare. "Do you really have to retaliate all the time?"

"Nah. But it's entertaining to see you get all worked up. Makes me want to swing my fragile hand with dainty fingers across your botox injected cheeks." 

ing hell.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter