The Turn taking

The Reckless Racoon and the Tame Tigress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I apologise for the rudeness." Irene was apologetic for her tone. She took a step back. "How did you know I was here?"

"I did some digging. Got some info from my reliable sources."

The dry humour was something Irene had gotten used to. 

"Funny," Irene deadpanned.

That earned a chuckle from the lady. "How have you been?" She proceeded with a new topic. "We should go get some coffee."

"I don't think I have the time. And I have work to do."

"Oh come on, you're the boss."

"Hence, it'll be unprofessional to drop everything right now."

"What a workaholic," the lady remarked. She pouted again. "The last time I checked, you would drop everything and come to me."

"That was when we were together."

"We can give it a shot again," she responded coyly, trailing one finger down Irene's sleeve.

The COO took hold of the finger and moved herself away. "We both know it won't work."

"No harm trying." The rejection of her advances didn't bother the lady at all. In fact, it only made her coy smile turned into a victorious smirk. "It's been years. Both you and I are much older now. I am sure we can make compromises."

"That won't do."

"And why would that be the case? Do you have someone now, Hyun?"

"Does it matter?"

"So who's the lucky one who stole my place?"

"Your place was long gone, Jennie."

"Joohyun."

Both heads turned to look at the blonde. Jennie sashayed her way toward Wendy. "Hi there. I'm Kim Jennie, Hyun's ex."

Wendy was puzzled to find Irene's former partner in the office. Was she working here? she wondered to herself. 

"Hi Jennie, nice to meet you. I'm Wendy," she introduced herself anyway.

"Are you Hyun's associate?"

"Associate?"

"Yeah. Sometimes Seulgi comes along. Or Yeri. Are you the newest addition to the company?"

"No I'm not. I'm her..."

"She works with me," Irene butted in.

"Interesting..." Jennie trailed off as she looked Wendy up and down. "Anyway, we should hang out together some time."

However, Wendy was bothered by Irene's reply. Irene wasn't being honest with Jennie about their relationship, and it made her wonder if Irene still had feelings for her ex lover.

"I'll be heading back to the hotel first. I'll see you later." She didn't wait for any of the two to acknowledge her, she her heels as soon as the words left her lips.

Wendy wasn't going to make a scene. She was going to head back to the hotel and think through things before deciding her next course of action. She even planned on calling Joy to ask for some advice.

"She doesn't seem to like me much," Jennie pointed out as she watched the blonde walking away.

Irene shrugged. "Just leave her be."

 

"What's up, little hamster?" Joy said groggily.

"Stop calling me that, I hate it."

It was 7am in Seoul, and Wendy's video call had awakened Joy from her slumber. Nonetheless, she wasn't irritated at the untimely call. Wendy calling her at an unprecedented time just meant there was something urgent to talk about. "You're small. You're fluffy like a hamster. The name fits."

"Stop it."

Joy stifled a yawn and slowly eased herself up. She pulled a pillow against the bedframe and leaned back comfortably. "Fine, fine. So what's bothering you?"

"Joohyun."

"Irene?" Joy repeated, sounding completely awake.

"Yeah Irene."

Joy quirked an eyebrow, as her curiosity piqued to know more about Wendy and Irene's current relationship development. "So you guys are calling each other by your Korean names now or something?"

"Yeah we got together too," Wendy answered casually, as if it wasn't a big of a deal.

"Like officially?"

"Yes."

"Wow, how could you not update me, you hopeless bestfriend!"

"I'm sorry. I've just been-"

"Busy ing all day?" Joy smirked, feeling a sudden burst of eagerness to gather more details.

"No." Wendy scrunched her face in disgust. "And that's vile."

"We're all adults. Don't need to be so shy, hamster."

"I'm not !"

"Yeah I bet your Joohyun has been feeding on you for the past few nights. Have you guys been doing it every day?"

"Why are you so interested in my life?"

"It's a hot topic. Everyone loves some details. So how many times?"

"Every night."

"Oh you ladies!" Joy laughed. "Who dominates?"

"We're equal."

"There's no such things as equal."

"There is. We satisfy each other equally."

"So you guys are all about equality huh?"

"Drop it, Park Sooyoung." 

With irritation clear in Wendy's voice and on her face, Joy decided to circle back to their initial topic. 

"Fine. Come on, walk me through then."

"Her ex came back."

"And you're worried?"

"Should I be?"

"Wasn't the break-up a mutual agreement?"

"It was. But Joohyun didn't even introduced me as her fiancee, to her ex."

"That does not sound like Irene."

"Maybe she was just trying to get back at me for talking to her staff."

Joy tried to hide her amusement. "She got jealous again? Is this perpetrator a guy?"

"It was just a friendly exchange."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter