The Rose

The Reckless Racoon and the Tame Tigress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't get why you're so scared to be honest with her. She seems to be the reasonable sort. On top of that, you have the blessings of her grandfather. Just confess and you guys can turn the fake engagement into a real one!" Joy was idly fiddling with her phone as she scrolled through Tiktok to find humourless content to keep her entertained.

"I don't know. I'm just worried she would feel betrayed when I tell her the truth."

Joy exhaled a dramatic sigh. "The longer you keep it from her, the angrier she will be. If she even gets mad. She sounds pretty whipped from all the things you've shared with me about her."

"I'm just scared, Sooyoung." Wendy calling Joy by her Korean name didn't happen often. Calling Joy Sooyoung meant she was being serious.

"Why, Seungwan?" Joy replied questioningly, calling Wendy by her Korean name too, to match the seriousness of their conversation. She decided to put her phone aside to give Wendy the attention she needed.

"She's so intense. Sometimes it scares me when she's so protective."

"Feelings are so simple! You humans are always making things complicated. Stop dragging things and just be honest with her. From the looks of it, she appears to like you a lot."

"What if it doesn't work out and she leaves me?"

"Why are you thinking of all the possible terrible outcomes when you haven't gotten into the relationship with her? She doesn't seem like the type who would let anyone hurt you, much less herself. For someone so confident and independent like you, I didn't think you would have so much insecurities."

"Hey that's a sensitive topic," Wendy complained, to which Joy responded with a laugh. 

"You know, I actually think your dad and stepmum would love to meet her. They'll feel assured knowing you have Irene as your partner once they see how well she takes care of you. So, my advice for you is: go for it."

"I don't know, Sooyoung. Things like these stress me out."

"You know what won't stress you?" Joy wiggled her eyebrows, grinning from ear to ear. "Call of Duty. Quick join my game now, we need to kill some idiots. There's this fella called Kkangseul who's been beating me and I'm ing pissed off. I wish I can meet him or her in real life and beat their !"

"Why are you so competitive about it?" Wendy couldn't comprehend why Joy was so obsessed with the game.

"Because anyone who beats Park Sooyoung in a game needs a beating on the ."

Apparently, to earn more points in order to upgrade her equipment, Joy had used her face as the display picture. That was a smart move, for it had attracted quite a number of people to add her in their friends list. In turn, Joy benefitted through receiving a great amount of points on a daily basis. For someone who was heavily invested in the game, it sure was a good deal. Wendy had once called it a 'cheap' move for using her face as a selling point, but Joy insisted it was one of the most intelligent decisions she had ever made in life.

"A face like mine should be paraded, not kept in hiding", Joy had told the blonde.

 

"So this Wendy girl, you really like her?" Seulgi inquired as she intently scrutinised the 3R corner. It was the first time Irene gave her the permission to visit and enter the corner, which the COO had been overly protective of.

"I don't know."

"I call that bull. Quit lying because I can see through you, ."

"I don't think she feels the same way."

"I think she does. Otherwise she wouldn't have put up with your trashy attitude." 

"She doesn't have a choice. That came straight from . And she said she hoped we would still remain friends after this whole thing is over."

"So? She can't just say "Hey Irene, I think we should make it official between us." Don't you call the shots? Since you dragged her into this. You should be honest and tell her how you feel. I mean, what's the worse that could happen?"

"A painful rejection and a bruised ego."

Seulgi guffawed as she her heels, approaching Irene. "Can't deny your level of ego is rocket high. It would be pretty entertaining if that really happens. Although I h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter