The Tigress

The Reckless Racoon and the Tame Tigress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene's eyes became two clusters bombs of shock when she saw Wendy's outfit. "What are you wearing?" she growled, as a note of outrage entered her voice.

"Why are you mad?" Wendy scowled, as she was caught off guard by Irene's reaction. "You didn't say what I could or could not wear. Plus it fits the theme."

"It fits the theme?" Irene gritted through her teeth. "You look like you're heading to the harem with that kind of ty outfit."

"Oh yeah? Then you're that pushy client who can't wait to feast on her prey." Wendy rolled her eyes, refusing to back down just because Irene went bat crazy over her choice of outfit. 

The blonde had donned a long-sleeved grey snake print mini bodycon, which wasn't the issue honestly.

The major issue that Irene had was the V-shape back that exposed Wendy's skin down to her waist.

"You're putting on a blazer."

"No!" Wendy retaliated. "Look, the theme is literally Mafia Night. Female mafias wear these. I've done my research."

"Yes if you intend on selling yourself to the rich and filthy business associates, that is," Irene spat.

Wendy really wished she could slap the owner with sandpaper tongue. "You have such a foul mouth."

Irene was going to fire back when Jessica came into view, along with the remaining family members, except Yeri. Tiffany stood out the most, in her baby pink suit. It totally did not match the theme, but like Wendy had told Irene, do not put one's creativity in a box.

Wendy finally understood where Rose got her pink obsession from. It must have been in the genes. No wonder Rose carried the Hwang family name, Tiffany clearly had the more dominant genes than Jessica. 

"You look hot," Tiffany giggled as she patted Wendy's shoulder. 

"Thank you," Wendy replied with a smile. "Someone was making a fuss."

"The outfit isn't even that revealing, get over it tiger," Jessica added, taking a jab at Irene which only fueled the COO's anger even more.

Soo Man only smiled without giving any opinion. He looked immaculate as ever in his black suit and wire-rimmed glasses perched on his nose. "Come on in girls," he said, as a few ushers opened the grand door to welcome them in. They were ushered to the front, nearest to the stage with the best view. It was a given, since they were the VIPs.

Wendy noticed Yeri on the stage, adjusting the microphone and testing the clarity with her 'Test 1, 2, 3'. 

The bright-red haired girl beamed and hurried down the steps when she saw her family at the VIP table.

"Well, I was wondering why the hall got so bright and then I saw you walking down the red carpet," Yeri smiled coyly, one hand slowly moving up Wendy's back.

"Get your intrusive hand off her back," Irene hissed, slapping away her younger sister's hand.

Yeri raised both of her hands. "Chill, I was only trying to feel the material of the dress."

"Clearly you weren't touching where the clothes are."

"Well would you rather I touch some other parts of hers then?" Yeri challenged, the smugness in her tone adding fuel to the fire.

"Um, excuse me?" Wendy interrupted, clearly insulted that the two sisters were throwing careless words at each other, and blatantly disregarding that their subject matter was right in front of their eyes. "I'm not an object. And I can literally hear your conversation."

"Well, your territorial fiancee started it first. She should be thanking me for coming up with this theme," Yeri sniggered, before strutting off to the stage, preparing to host the event with another employee.

Wendy couldn't mask her annoyance and was getting exasperated. Irene w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter