The Trio

The Reckless Racoon and the Tame Tigress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a typical day at work, and Wendy had just finished seeing most of her students off, except one. 

Irene was supposed to pick Rose up, and the three of them would be going out together to get Rose's outfit for the company dinner. It wasn't Irene's idea. Irene was supposed to shop for Rose's clothes for the company dinner, and Tiffany had asked Wendy to come along in case "Irene's choice of outfit for Rose was of poor taste". 

Wendy couldn't say 'No', obviously, but she wondered why Irene didn't protest. 

"Miss Wendy, Aunt Irene likes you," Rose said as she helped to arrange the trays of toys neatly on the shelves. 

"She told you that?"

"She didn't. But she keeps a photo of us in her wallet. I saw it when she wanted to pay the cashier at the ice cream shop."

"A photo of us? You mean, you and me?" Wendy asked for clarification.

"Yeah! The one we took during the Valentines' Day celebration. Aunt Irene keeps it in her wallet," Rose elaborated. "Did you give her that picture?"

"I did, but I didn't know she would keep it in her wallet."

"Are you going to marry Aunt Irene?"

Rose's question didn't come as a shock to Wendy. It was natural for a kid her age to come to that conclusion, since she was told that her aunt and her teacher were an item.

"Hmm, if she doesn't make me angry all the time, maybe I will."

"You just have to send her to the naughty corner in her office."

"Oh, you've already seen it?" Wendy asked, slightly surprised.

"I saw it on Tuesday. Aunt Irene said you made the naughty corner for her."

The blonde laughed. "I didn't think she would call that the naughty corner. Have you seen her going there?"

"She lets me play with the purple sand. She said I shouldn't make a mess if I want her to buy me ice-cream."

Wendy cluck her tongue and shook her head disapprovingly. "How childish of her to threaten a young child," she mumbled under her breath. She turned off the lights and the air-conditioner and extended her hand. "Your Aunt's running late, let's wait for her at the foyer."

Rose tripped happily towards Wendy and held her teacher's hand. "I cannot wait for our first outing together. Aunt Irene said I can get my ice cream first before we shop."

"Tell her she owes the two of us ice-cream for being late."

"Okay!" 

When they reached the foyer, they saw Irene stepping out of her Mythos Black Metallic Audi A8.

"Someone's late," Wendy sang.

"And you owe us two ice-cream, Aunt Irene!" Rose chimed in. 

Irene heaved a sigh. "Get in. I'll bring you to the ice-cream parlour first."

"Yay!" Rose cheered.

Wendy opened the door of the back seat and moved in with Rose. She placed Rose in the child seat and secured her safely with the belt.

"You're sitting at the back?" Irene asked when she noticed Wendy buckling her seatbelt.

"Yes...? I can't leave Rose behind all on her own, can I?"

"That's true..." Irene agreed hesitantly. She grabbed the clip, pulled the shoulder strap across her body down to her waist, and pushed the clip into the buckle until it made the 'click' sound. "Let's go." When she slid a quick glance at the rearview mirror, her heart stopped momentarily when she saw Wendy looking at her with a playful smile.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter