Progress

Till I Crash & Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been 3 weeks since the incident and a week since Rosie has stopped visiting Mark. He’s finally getting discharged today and was on his way home.

Mark felt a sense of relief as soon as he got dropped at his own home in Korea, although still in casts, from the neck, to the arm and leg. Atleast there’s no more clean and sanitized hospital smell, extra cold air conditioning, plain white walls and no more hospital food. 

As soon as he thought of food, his stomach begins to grumble. His family had to go home to get back to their jobs so he was left alone by his manager in his home. 

He was at his living room finally get to play his video games but he can’t help look over at his empty kitchen that hasn’t been touched for weeks. 

He wished he had good food right now while he plays but the boys wouldn’t arrive ‘till later. 

He brushed off the thought and continued on for another level in his video console staring intently on screen and got pretty occupied with his game. 

A doorbell rang but he still couldn’t get to the door without using some stilts. He figured it’s just his manager or one of the boys who finally has food with them. It’s dinner time already and he’s starving. 

“I can’t get to the door. It’s unlock, just get in!” He yelled over not straying away from the screen while he finish a level in his game. 

“Wouldn’t that be security breached if you didn’t lock the doors?” 

His eyes looked up and over to his visitor after hearing a familiar aussie accent. He noticed the bags of homemade food she brought again. He can smell some bulgogi inside and some fresh hot soup in one of the tumblers. 

“So will I call police now that you’re here?” He spoke gluing his eyes back to his huge tv screen in front of him as he continues his game. 

“Your choice. I’ll just leave out food for you.” Rosie said as she helped herself in his kitchen, trying to find some plates and utensils for him. 

“That shouldn’t be a crime, right?” She added as she shuffled through drawers and cabinets for the things she needs. 

“Reckless imprudence is..” Mark threw in the snap comment in a low tone but still loud enough for Rosie to hear. 

She froze in her spot, eyes closed as she clenched her fists. She breathe through her nose trying to avoid his side comment. 

Mark felt her change of demeanor. He watched her from the side thinking he knew that he went too far.

“Have you eaten?” Rosie tries to break the cold atmosphere while Mark put his attention back to his game without a word. 

Rosie noticed his plates untouched finally after seeing where he place them. 

“You probably haven’t..” She murmured. 

She shuffled around the kitchen bringing out some of her homemade food for him and transfer them on bowls and plates. She struggled with his microwave at first but before she know it, the oven started perfectly.

Mark was secretly glancing at her knowing she was struggling at which buttons to press. He scoffed in silent seeing her smile with pride after successfully going through the microwave. 

Cute.. He thought but soon shake off the thought as Rosie made her way through the coffee table in front of him. 

His mouth watered seeing the delicious food she prepped. It was all his favorites, heated and smelled so good. 

He remembered his pride as he coughed back his reverie and went back to his game. 

“I’m not hungry.” He uttered. 

On cue, his stomach grumbled embarrassingly loud. 

It was Rosie’s turn to scoff. “You sure about that?” 

Mark played it cool getting a throw pillow and covering up his stomach while he continued pressing buttons on his console. 

“Whatever. I’ll let myself out. Your food is just here.” Rosie said frustrated at his stubbornness.

She pushed the coffee table a little further from him before she left to the kitchen and get her lunch boxes. He winced knowing he couldn’t move much. 

Rosie cleaned his kitchen a bit after helping herself around and left it like it was before.

When the doors closed, Mark instantly tried to get the table with his minimal strength. 

“..” He uttered. He was finding a hard time to get to his food. 

His hands barely reached the counter and he can almost reach the spoon. 

When he finally pulled the table close, he dig in like a caveman. 

Rosie from the outside of his apartment door can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter