Brewing Eyes, Brewing Lies

Till I Crash & Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rattles of porcelain can be heard being stacked into trays after a guest had finished dining in. The Thai restaurant was luckily not that packed that night so there were no following stares as the small group came in while they were assisted to a private cubicle.

Rosie slides on one end while Lisa follows beside her while Mark slides across from her and Bambam follows next. The two Thai nationals easily ordered for them all since they are familiar with all of the dishes. Plus, Bambam was dying from hunger and he couldn’t wait for them to dig in.

Soon their meals arrived not a minute later and the smell of pad Thai’s was brewing across the table. Lisa and Bambam quickly digs in the somtam as soon as it slides in front of them.

“Sheesh, get a hold of yourself kids.” Mark reprimands jokingly seeing the two bicker and steel their forks out of annoyance while they fight for a portion of the dish.

There were various cuisines ranging from Tom Yum soup, Shrimp Lettuce Wraps, Famous Thai Curry, and Mango Sticky rice distributed across their small table.

Mark eyes Rosie’s wandering stares as she gulps at the delicious dishes in front of her. He smiles as he watches her indulged her sight from the food before she gets her portion of dishes. She appreciates the beautiful plating even before she gets a taste of it. He unknowingly takes mental note at how precious that is for him.

“Ah—sst!” Rosie hisses feeling the scorching soup burn the tip of her tongue.

Mark clicks a tongue before he assists her with some cold water, “Eat slowly, your food isn’t going anywhere..” He chastise while he unconsciously wiped a dripping water from the side of .

On the side both Bambam and Lisa were agape holding a spoon of rice to their mouths watching how Mark was so close with Rosie in a short span of time.

Lisa’s eyes dances back to Bam as if communicating without words on who to speak first, both cocking their heads, You go first.. their gesture translates.

Bambam slowly puts down his spoon nonchalant while he tries to gather their attention. “So!” He begins.

“When has this thing started between you two?” He says waving his finger to point at each of them.

Mark was unintentionally giving more portions to Rosie’s plate while she in return fills up his glass of water as if two long time couples just tending to the other. Their hands halt in the middle of what they were doing while Lisa loudly snorts on the side seeing such obvious inclination.

The two slowly retrieves their hands to their sides even catching a glimpse of each other’s crimson faces before trying (and failing) to hide their smiles.

“Shut up it’s nothing. Eat your damn curry..” Mark speaks for them both dodging the awkwardness off.

Lisa chuckles on the side before calling Bambam’s attention again, “Ya. We’re making it awkward for them. Just eat..”

Bambam settles to feign ignorance but then wanted to tease his best friend again, “Alright if not them. How about us..?”

Rosie was quick to chuckle seeing her best friend turned red beside her. She didn’t expect to be put in the spot like that.

“Ohhhhh~ the tables turned quick..” Rosie chimes while she and Mark shared teasing smiles over their friends.

Lisa grumbles in her seat, “Y-ya! Shut up or I’ll eat your som tam off your plate!”

Bambam animatedly gasped pulling his plate closer as if protecting it from a predator, “Don’t you dare touch my som tam Manoban!”

The two childhood best friends were mutually pining for the other but none ever dared to lay it out in the open. There’s a lot of barriers and walls they need to break to get to where they want to be but the true question was that if it’s worth the risk of losing friendship?

Rosie sits by watching the two bicker while they both eat. Bambam was also unconsciously picking off rice on the side of Lisa’s mouth while she was telling a story and little moments like these she could tell how they truly care for the other.

She recalls back to what Mark was doing for her and she thinks.. is it the same? Does he feel something for her just like how Bambam does for Lisa?

 

 

Meanwhile the other group drove back to the girls’ dorm waiting for the others while they take time to process what they had gathered earlier at the hospital.

“If she is innocent this clearly changes things..” Jennie expresses while they sat by the living room drinking some coffee in their hands.

“I don’t know why but I want to get to the bottom of this.. something clearly isn’t right.” Jisoo voices out.

Jinyoung reaches for her hands by the sofa, “Soo, this sounds dangerous. If her ex was truly  plotting something against her, he surely won’t think twice if anyone gets in his way..”

“Is it really the ex though?” Jaebeom queries the group.

“Who else could it be? He’s the only one with a clear motive.” Jennie answers for them.

“But wasn’t he the one who broke up with her?” Jaebeom adds in.

Jinyoung’s eyes dances in thought, “Actually.. it doesn’t make sense.. Something is not adding up. It shouldn’t be him..”

The group was rendered silent but Jisoo on the other hand brewed up a new speculation.

“It’s probably a reach but it doesn’t have to do with Mark right..?” Jisoo spoke.

“Why should it?” Jaebeom asks.

“Didn’t you know? Rosie’s ex is was an ex trainee in JYP.” Jennie disclosed. “Isn’t his name familiar to you?”

“Paul Ahn..” Jinyoung mutters under a breath as he caught an epiphany. “Of course..”

“He wouldn’t do all those things you said..” Jaebeom vocalized to Paul’s defense.

“When’s the last time you spoke to him?” Jennie interrogates them.

Just when Jinyoung was about to speak they hear a little melody by the door and Rosie’s group had arrived back home continuing conversations about some latest game Bambam is into.

Their smiles fade seeing the gloom inside the apartment.

“Hey guys what’s up? Is that coffee? That smells so good!” Rosie greets them all. And they gave a little wave in return.

“We still have some by the coffee pot feel free to have some!” Jisoo says and Rosie trots inside the kitchen to get a cup.

“Are you guys okay? You look weird..” Lisa questions in hush.

The group were battling on a plan since they haven’t really talked about what to do next after what they have found out today.

“We need to talk. But don’t tell Rosie yet..” Jaebeom replies directing to Mark this time.

“Don’t tell her what?” Bambam answers.

“Shh! Come let’s go home.” Jinyoung then pulls the two boys as they prepare to leave in haste.

“Oh you boys not staying for coffee?” Rosie says as she steps out of the kitchen holding a cup in hand.

“No it’s getting late for us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter