Out of Pity

Till I Crash & Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weekend arrived and Rosie stayed with her family for a while. She had to detox and tell them herself the whole truth and nothing but. 

While her parents understood her predicament, they still were upset with her actions. Her sister, Alice, on the other hand, was disheartened knowing she’s going through much pain inside. 

As with what big sister always does, she took care of Rosie, the same way she always does. 

They usually have this thing. Late at night, where they sneak out of their home and go on midnight snack trips. Although, they can’t entirely do the sneaking out part, they still were hiding that they were still awake at the late hours as they snuggle up in Rosie’s room. 

Rosie was hugging her by the bed on her waist while Alice rubbed her back.

“Give him time..” Alice spoke. 

“It’ll be okay..” She added. 

Mark was the main reason for her worries the past week. She couldn’t stomach what she had done to him. What she put him into. He was innocent in all this and she brought him in. 

“What should I do? I hate the thought of him hating me even though I deserve it. I want to tell him the truth but how..” Rosie uttered. 

“Slowly.. that’s how.” Alice answered. “Don’t force anything until you’re ready.. until he’s ready..” 

“I can’t.. my conscious is killing me. I have to do something.” 

Rosie was born to be stubborn. You can’t tell her what not to do because she will tend to look the other way. And if she has her mind set on something, best bet, she’s already planning her way to do it. 

 

 

Rosie’s weekend ended fast as she arrived back at the dorm on a Monday morning. 

She got her phone and headed to her room while the girls was still asleep. She’s been debating this with herself throughout the weekend. Thinking twice if she should do it or not. 

She later on found herself dialling Jinyoung’s number. 

“Yeoboseyo?” Jinyoung picked up instantly after three rings. 

“Jinyoung?” She queried checking if the person on the other line really is the person she’s expecting. 

“Deh, Rosie-ssi. What’s up?” 

“Uh.. I kinda have a favour to ask..” She shyly disclosed. 

“Kinda?” She heard Jinyoung lightly chuckled. 

“Y-yeah.. coz I wasn’t sure if I should do it or not..” She added. 

“Alright then, go ahead.” He urged her to speak. 

When she started to lay out her plan, Jinyoung was already touched at her efforts even if it weren’t for his benefit. 

He knew what kind of person Rosie really is. He has heard of her from Jisoo a lot of times before. They haven’t personally met but Rosie is really the person Jisoo told him to be.

 

 

Back at the hospital, Jackson was in charge of Mark that afternoon. He was about to order him a meal but he stopped his tracks when he saw Rosie approached. 

“Hi..” He respectfully bowed and smiled. “Rosie, right?” He spoke in english. 

“Y-yes..” She answered shyly while she gripped her bag of homemade lunch boxes in her hands. 

“Hi, nice to meet you, I’m Jackson.” The chinese member introduced himself. 

“What brings you here?” He added. 

“Um..” She didn’t know what to say. She was shy and pretty awkward. She was already having debating thoughts in her head if this wouldn’t work. 

“Mark hyung is stubborn, and hearing from Jisoo, you are too. You can turn him around eventually. Just be patient. I pray this will work out well for you” She recalled what Jinyoung said to her over the phone. 

“I..”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter