Restart

Till I Crash & Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 weeks later and Rosie has stopped visiting. That’s what Mark requested, right? He wakes up everyday unconsciously thinking if someone might drop by and bring him timely food. 

But each day passes, he’s grown to make his own meals again. 

Today he’s visiting JYP building to see s recording. He’s still on probation until further notice from his doctor. He didn’t want to stay at home all day since games aren’t enough amusement for him nowadays. 

“Hyung.. glad to see you back?” Bambam greeted upon his approach. 

“Is.. JYP hyung here?” He asks nodding over to the others who looked a little worried seeing him in the building today. 

“He’s in his office with.. umm..” It was evident in Jackson’s face that they were hesitant on mentioning the name. But Mark caught it quick. 

“Her? She’s here?” 

“Y-yeah.. She’s been coming a lot here trying to make amends with everyone. Even with us.” Yugyeom discloses. 

“She’s been bringing us food and all..” Youngjae followed. 

They wondered how he’ll react to it but to their surprise he just nodded as if he’s simply acknowledging the fact that she’s in the building. 

 

 

“Look, Rosie..” JYP started. “I know this is all been hard for you but you should really stop making more efforts here. It’s okay now everyone understands. Let everyone heal.” He relayed as fatherly as he could. 

Rosie was already tearing up when Mark decided to listen by the doors. 

“Maybe.. Maybe because I’m the one who’s not healed, Sir. While I see everyone slowly getting back to their regular routines.. I don’t know what I’d do with mine..” He heard her spoke, albeit a little shaky from sobbing. 

He felt pained just by hearing her words. Why was he feeling soft for her now? 

He waited until they finished talking. Rosie soon stepped out with obvious reddened eyes, both shocked to see each other after weeks. 

Rosie got a good look of his appearance, happy to see him back on his feet without crutches, casts and wraps. 

“I’m sorry I’ve been such a bother and a burden to you. And to everyone.” She didn’t wait for him to speak. “I’m happy to see you back on your feet. Take this as my last visit to you. I won’t bother you anymore.” She says with eyes locked on the ground. 

“I bet you’d be glad now even.” She mutters before taking a step forward. 

She was surprised when she felt a hand on her arm. 

“H-have.. have you.. had dinner?” He says trying to keep his self in check after the stuttering. 

She eyed him before honestly shaking her head in reply. 

“Wait for me. I’ll be in the office quick.” He says relieving her from his hold.

“Why?” She asks aloud. 

“Please just.. wait.”

Stay. Is the word he wanted to use. But he sounded persistent instead. 

Rosie was in distress. Would she get another round of scolding and shame from him? What does he possibly want from her now that he’s asking her to wait for him?? It’s giving her anxiety just by waiting outside the doors. 

 

 

“Mark..” JYP was surprised to see him minutes after Rosie left. 

“Glad to see you looking well and recovered. How have you been? What did the doctors say so far?” He didn’t wait to ask a string of questions from his artist. 

“The doctors gave me clearance that I’ll be okay since I’m recovering well. My bones are still a bit fragile so no strenuous movements just yet. They just recommended me back on some light exercises..” Mark relayed. 

“I’m glad to hear that.” He says putting a caring hand on his shoulder. “I heard from your manager that you’ll be taking another month break from any group and solo activities until we settle some news and articles. And also fix a new plan for the comeback for you and the group..” 

“Yes, hyung told me this too. I’m really sorry for the boys that we pushed back our comeback because of me.” 

“Not your fault.” JYP insisted. “Not anyone’s fault really.” He followed emphasizing Rosie’s involvement. 

“Plus they all agreed to it to be the right decision. They wouldn’t want to comeback without you. Your brothers are pretty stubborn.” He kids. 

“It’s seven or nothing as Jackson always say..” Mark recalled.

“Exactly.” JYP agreed with a nod. 

“Right now, they’re pretty occupied with their solo activities and adding more songs to the next album..” 

“H-how.. how about..” Mark was hesitant to ask. 

“About?” 

“About.. R-rosie..” He asks shyly. 

“What about her?” 

“How is she doing in her company and her group?” 

He was curious after all. 

“She received a very fatal punishment. Pushing back her solo activities, cutting endorsement contracts, and all. She’s still in the group but their comeback as a group will be undetermined for now since the whole issue irrupted.” JYP disclosed. 

Mark felt another pang of pity towards Rosie. He knows he’s a victim but he never really truly saw what Rosie was also going through. 

“She’ll be okay.” He assures the young lad. “She’s still pretty loved by her fans and all. She’ll recover. As well as you. You should go now, it’s late.” 

“Alright.. thanks hyung.” Mark replied nodding along before he left JYP’s office. 

He steps outside catching Rosie fidgeting in her seat. 

“Come.” He says with no warning walking past her as Rosie scrambles to her feet and get her bag. 

Mark led them to a private exit of the building towards his car. 

She was stunned seeing him by the driver’s side. 

“Well? Get in?” 

She still couldn’t catch up on what he was trying to do but due to curiosity she just merely follows along and got in by the passenger seat. 

“Don’t worry. Atleast I’m not letting you drive.” He says poking fun at her. 

Rosie flinched at the thought. Clearly he’s well enough to already. 

It was quiet while he drove them out of the building when he decides to call someone while it rang along inside his car. 

“Hyung.” He says as soon as he saw the other line picked up. 

“Oh Mark-ssi! Glad to hear from you again, how are you?” The other line spoke. 

“I’m good. Look, I haven’t had dinner. Are you still open?” 

“Perfect timing, we’re closing but we’ll keep it open for you for a private walk-in.” 

Rosie caught Mark smile. “Ahh, thanks hyung. I’m on my way with a guest.” 

“Arasso. ‘least I could do man. You’ve been my daughter’s favorite babysitter. Jiwon says she misses her Pikachu-oppa.” 

Mark chuckled lightly at the thought. “Tell her I miss her too. I’ll come by soon.” 

Rosi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter