Repurcussions

Till I Crash & Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rosie was deep in her thoughts in bed after a whole day at Mark’s. 

It would’ve been a stressful day if he hadn’t message her. She wishes that he was bluffing. But her ex weren’t one to bluff. If anything, he was straightforward and outspoken, unlike her. 

That’s what made them compatible. She completes his imperfections. Like a missing piece of a puzzle. Even from differences they’ve found “love”.

But it wasn’t. She realizes. It sure hell wasn’t love anymore. 

Time ticks by late in the hour before her eyes decides to drift off to sleep. 

 

 

The next day, Mark was hanging out at Bambam’s apartment with Yugyeom. They were recording some songs while Mark just sat around trying to amuse himself. 

He was told to sit out some group activities firsts but now that he could fully function, he’s bored out of his mind inside his apartment. 

He fumbles with his phone trying to type in a message wanting to see someone that day. Jaebeom sent him her contact number even without him asking for it. 

Mark will be too prideful to ask anyway. 

And it’s true, he wouldn’t have known how to get her number without getting teased by s so he secretly thanked his leader’s wit.

The next challenge was what to say.. 

He thinks as he played with his phone sparing the contact id a glance from time to time. What could he possibly say? Or ask??

Hi how are yo—

delete 

Make me food?

delete

Hey! Sorry wrong send?

delete

It was all getting too frustrating for him.

“Just do it, hyung..” Yugyeom broke his reverie surprising him with his thoughts catching him typing and deleting a message in his phone.

“W-what?” Clearly he was taken off-guard by the maknae’s tall frame behind him. 

“Just text her.” He says obviously noticing his agitations. 

“W-what do you mean?” 

“Stop acting, hyung. You’re not good at it. Just text noona.” He says confirming their suspicions.

Mark paused in thoughts. The two exchanged looks while they were at the desktop composing a mix. 

“I don’t know what to say..” Mark admits out loud. 

“Ask about her day? Check up on her? I don’t know man, do we look like we’ve dated a lot?” Yugyeom sneered. 

“Obviously not.” Mark took a jab on their joke. 

“Hey!” Bambam’s turn to react earning a laugh from their eldest. 

“Fine.” Mark says opening a new message on his phone and added in Rosie’s contact id. 

Rosie was out with Lisa having their hair did. She didn’t want to leave the house today since her body was sore from yesterday with all the groceries she brought to Mark’s apartment. But Lisa didn’t want to leave her best friend alone moping in their dorm. 

Lisa had an upcoming magazine schedule so she decided to bring Rosie along with her to have some girl time. She notices that her best friend hasn’t been herself lately especially after the accident so she’s just trying her best to bring back the old Rosie she knew. 

Rosie had her hair trimmed and blow dried while she received another unknown message. 

 

Unknown number: I need to buy a game. Bambam told me you know Itaewon well? 

 

Her brows furrowed. This number was different from yesterday and this felt more friendlier. She didn’t have Mark’s number so naturally this was a surprise. 

 

: Sorry but who’s this?

 

Mark felt stupid. 

Of course she doesn’t have your number. You forgot to introduce yourself, pabo! 

Rosie was surprised the number suddenly felt the need to FaceTime her. 

“Hello?” She answers angling her phone in front of her face. 

She was greeted by Mark’s rugged features wearing a blue hoodie. 

“Sorry. I got your number from JB.”  He spoke through the phone. 

“Oh hi..” 

Lisa caught a quick glance at Rosie’s caller and gave her a teasing look. The latter stood from her chair and settled on a private corner of the salon. 

“Um anyway. Do you want me to drop by your apartment instead?” She indirectly answers his request. 

“Markie hyung-ie baaboooo~” She heard Yugyeom’s voice teasing on Mark’s end. She noticed he wasn’t alone and the place didn’t look like Mark’s apartment. 

“Shut up” He hissed at the younger boy as he brought the phone out of the room.

“Sorry. Anyway, let’s just meet at Itaewon?” He asks. 

“Alright, what time?”

“Um.. is 2pm good?” Mark suggested. 

It was already 1:25pm in the afternoon. Rosie was in Myeongdong and Itaewon is 30 minutes away. She wasn’t sure she could make it in time. Mark on the other hand was also in Cheongdam-gu in Gangnam and Itaewon was also 30 minutes away from him but they both felt like lying. 

“Sure!” Rosie beams before ending the call. 

She rushes to grab her things and bade everyone goodbye. 

“W-wait where are you going!!” Lisa called out in a surprise.

“Just out!” Rosie says fanning a cab out of the salon. 

Mark rushes back into Bambam’s indoor studio and got his jacket and keys. 

“Gotta go.” 

“Eh?” Bambam utters. 

“Date hyung?” Yugyeom says with a smirk. 

“Shut up.” Mark hissed before running out of the apartment and to his car. 

 

 

Itaweon was known to be the Western Town in Seoul as it houses various foreign and international cuisines. 

For the girls Lisa, Rosie and Jennie who grew up abroad, this was their haven when they were feeling homesick. Jisoo introduced this place for them back when they were trainees whenever they feel like missing home. And ever since then, Itaewon was the girls’ favorite district in Seoul. 

Having such background, Rosie knows the place like the back of her hand. She settles at a coffee shop outside this huge Game filled building where it houses all different stores selling pc games, playstation cds, and more. It was a haven for Mark for sure so she suggested this area for him. 

Mark rushes in seeing Rosie by the counter after paying for her drink. They both wore their mask knowing how relevant they were in the city. Good thing it was a normal working day so there were less locals in the area. 

“What game are you looking for?” Rosie says greeting him. 

Mark didn’t want to notice how she had a freshly cut and blow-dried hair. He’s annoyed that he noticed something new about her instantly as if he’d memorized her all this time. 

“Um.. this.. this new game my friend recommended. I forgot the name, let’s just go around..” He says composing himself back and stalling to answer her question. 

He actually have all the games he wanted already so this clearly was just an excuse to be with her. 

 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter