Confusions

Till I Crash & Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark woke up a little different today. 

He thinks it’s okay if he thinks about his outfit today through. It’s okay if he finds himself a little clean and freshly shaven. It’s okay if his hair is suddenly brushed and swayed. And it’s definitely okay if he wears a little cologne by his wrists and dabs it by his neck. 

He tugs a smile on his lips when he hears the doorbell. 

“Right on time..” He utters as he now casually walks to the door and nonchalantly greet his expectedly unexpected guest. 

“Oh, you’re here?” He asks nonchalant. 

He clearly didn’t made an effort today because she was visiting again. 

Clearly. Psh. 

He noticed little beads of sweat trailed Rosie's forehead as she pants holding big heavy bags of groceries. 

“Why do you look like you ran? And what’s all this?” He asks now as he watched her heave the bag inside trying to lift it with all her might. 

“I figured you haven’t.. been grocery shopping too since you said you still aren’t healed so I brought you groceries..” She tries to explain while she heaves a heavy breath. She almost tumbled when the bags swung across her legs. 

He grew shy at the thought while he watches her tiny self trying to heave the bag inside his kitchen. He didn’t even try to help as he was distressed at how much effort she has gone through just to make him breakfast today. 

He felt foolish now as he smelled his stupid cologne. It was nothing compared to hers. 

Rosie opened Mark’s fridge and found that it was already filled with new groceries. 

“O-oh..” She utters blushing at her embarrassment. 

“Oh um. Most of those are old I guess..” He tries to save face. 

“Really? These looks fresh though..” She says noticing every fresh produce ingredients inside. 

Mark doesn’t know what to say now as he glanced down at her reddened hands after lunging in all those heavy groceries in his apartment. 

“No worries, we’ll cook some of these today.” She says now trying to think positive. 

“Alright.. I’ll just be.. by the living room..” He says not really knowing what to do now. 

He can’t help her since she’ll notice his deceit. He usually just hangs around and wait for his breakfast while he was really injured and healing. Now that he’s clearly lying, he feels awkward letting her do all the work. 

Aish, you asked for this Mark. Remember what she did to you. He diverts his thoughts elsewhere as he opened his tv and started to play some Mario Kart instead. 

He was surprised when Rosie neared him with a lunchbox of ready made gimbap. 

His brow furrowed at the sight. “I thought I said make me fresh breakfast?” He says a little irritated. 

“I know. But I also know you get hungry too quickly so I just made a few of these just so your stomach can get by.” She explains before she heads back to her kitchen and wore his apron. 

He was stunned. How did she learned that so easily about him? Was this the result of her bringing him food the past months? He couldn’t believe how attentive she was of him. He couldn’t fathom what he felt. 

He took one gimbap with one bite. He didn’t even noticed how much he missed her food. He took a few more until he found himself choking after one grain of rice tickled his throat. 

Rosie shot back at the sound of him coughing up so she instantly got him water and rushed to his aid. 

He took this and gulped down to wash the food in his mouth while she pats his back. 

“You okay?” She asks again with those worried eyes he grew familiar of. 

“D-deh..” He nods while he drank another gulp of water. 

“Chew slowly..” She reminds him while her forehead creased a little. 

He was stunned again as she reach for his lips retrieving a grain of rice from the side of his mouth.

“And eat properly.. sheesh.” She sneered at him before she went back to the kitchen.

He blinked himself awake. What the was that? Why is my heart beating this fast? He thinks as he got his console back and played his game. 

Rosie moves silently inside his kitchen not uttering a single sound from her voice but from her movements. He hears her shuffle inside cupboards and drawers looking for his cutting board and knife. She already knew her way around his kitchen like a palm of her hand. She knew where his bowls were kept, she knew how to power the dishwasher after she uses some tools, and she knew how to open the stove.

Mark seemed to just notice it now how versed she already was inside. He grew pity knowing how much she has spent time in this kitchen for him. His game paused in his tv waiting for him to click to proceed for another round.  He eyes her as she cuts up vegetables with her scar-filled hands. 

Careful.. He wanted to say. But he couldn’t. He couldn’t bring h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter