Self-Reflections

Till I Crash & Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark felt foolish seeing Jaebeom by the door with Rosie’s bag of lunchboxes in hand. He felt excited for a minute hoping he could see her again but it was just his friend. 

It’s been three days and she’s not visiting him anymore, but who’s counting right? 

Wrong. Mark’s counting. 

He doesn’t understand why he’s anticipating her visits. He remembers how he was dreading to see her every time she arrives but when she doesn’t, he finds himself longing for her which is starting to piss him off. 

“She finally got tired of my face huh?” He uttered as he let Jaebeom in his apartment. 

Jaebeom shrugged as he proceeded to the kitchen and prepare his lunch. 

“I knew she only did this at the start for formalities..” He voiced out in dismay as he propped himself on one of his chairs by his dining table. 

“What were you expecting anyway?” Jaebeom spoke as he brought him his utensils and brought the lunchboxes by the table. 

“She says?” He added with a smirk. 

Mark got the point as he stared down at Rosie’s art through her food. It was decorated in cute animals again just as how she usually makes it. 

“Have you atleast thanked her once?” Jaebeom probed on as he settled himself by the chair in front of Mark as he fished out his phone from his pockets. 

He didn’t have to see Mark’s reaction as he sat silent reaching for his chopsticks and began eating his lunch. 

“She didn’t see you today because she got an accident with her finger. Her knife slid.” Jaebeom disclosed as he slid his phone through Mark’s end. 

It revealed a short message exchange with Jaebeom and Rosie earlier that morning. 

Blackpink Rosie: Mianhe JB oppa, can I ask you a favor? I’m supposed to go visit Mark today and give his lunch but I got this instead..

The text read, followed by a photo of Rosie in a cute selca of her with her pointer finger wrapped in gauge by her face as she pouts. 

Mark felt a pang of jealousy seeing how cute she acts with his co-member but not with him. But what does he expect anyway? She’d be that sweet to her? Of course she wouldn’t dare knowing his anger towards her. Why did he even bother? 

He uttered a cough before he slid back Jaebeom’s phone. 

“She didn’t want to show any reasons for you to pity her and that you might think she’s making you feel guilty if she showed up with an injured finger.” JB explained as he received his phone back on his end. 

A slight furrow on his brows showed as she looked down at his food. 

He felt irritated. Why does she make one stupid decision after the other??? Why can’t she be careful more??? 

He shrugged off the thought as he devour his lunch. Why did he suddenly care about her? Why does she make him feel this way all so sudden? 

Jaebeom secretly observed Mark’s demeanor. He was silent but he could read off his face already. He shakes his head while they both finished the lunch Rosie made. 

 

 

The next morning, Rosie arrived. 

Mark was stunned to see her but she swiftly moved pass him and made her way inside already. 

“I’ll be here quick.” She uttered as she placed her bags on the counter. 

Mark followed behind now thankfully without his crutches. He still had a wrap around his ankles, knees and elbows but he could slowly walk without help now. 

“Sorry if breakfast is a little late.” Rosie said as she placed her lunchboxes on Mark’s dining table. 

Mark settled in the seat, silent. He tried to see her injured finger. He studied her right hand, having a sight of the gauged finger clearly. He noticed her slightly red finger tips thinking she might’ve burned them too. 

His hand immediately got a hold of her injured right hand. He was stunned seeing his action & Rosie too was curious. 

Are you okay? Is this a new band aid? Did you put new ointments today? Say something Mark! It’s getting weirder now that you’re still holding her hand! He thought to himself. 

Rosie pulled back her hand “Don’t worry about it..” She spoke seeing where his eyes trailed. 

She shuffled back into his kitchen putting food in bowls and plates. 

“Good to see you getting better..” She said as she laid the last dish on the table. 

She noticed him without supports and heavy white casts. It’s been awhile since she visited. 

Mark had an unreadable expression now. He was glancing down on her hands that was holding back her bags. He noticed another bandaid on her left hand. Her hands was completely battered at this point. 

He felt another sense of irritation. He doesn’t know if it’s because of her stu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter