Ghosts

Rush v2

 

Kai had dragged Sehun out of the warehouse the next day after he had plenty of rest. They make sure not to hold hands or show too much affection as they’re out either. While Sovereign claims he knows Kai has a soft spot for the boy, he probably has no idea they started officially dating; in the shower as he was sobbing. It was kind of strange. The leader had kissed him fiercely before whispering the question in his ear. 

 

“Kai, what’re we doing out here?” He asks as he slides into a booth. Kai sits opposite of him, smiling. 

 

“Relaxing,” He says. “You haven’t relaxed much since you joined. The others should be joining us soon anyway.”

 

“You haven’t either,” The boy mentions. “It’s been really hard these last few months…”

 

“More like years.”

 

“Agreed,” Sehun nods as he rests his cheek on his hand. This same place was where King tried to convert him. “I hope Lay’s alright.”

 

“He’s fine,” Kai shrugs and looks at the menu. But they both know he’s just going to order a burger. “Actually, he’s probably better than ever now; he killed his ghost.”

 

Sehun raises a brow. “His ghost?”

 

“Do you remember that man Baekhyun’s mom used to date?”

 

“Yeah, I do. He was abusive as hell to both of them; I wanted to call the cops on him but Baek said he’d take care of it,” the boy says.

 

Kai nods slowly. “I guess he couldn’t tell you the truth at the time...but that man was um...his mother’s pimp at the time,” he explains. “We found Baekhyun in a back alley behind some gun stop, pacing back and forth,” he pauses and motions. “Actually, he can explain himself.”

 

Sehun looks over, smiling when he sees some of the other boys enter the restaurant and make their way to the booth. Kai, luckily, got a table big enough for all of them. Baekhyun slides in beside Sehun and grins as Chanyeol sits on his other side. Junmyeon and the other boys find their spots as well. “Hey, what’re you guys talking about?” he asks.

 

The boy glances at Kai, who nods. “Um...how you joined the gang.”

 

“Ooh,” Baekhyun nods. “And?”

 

“Kai didn't finish the story.”

 

“Where did he leave off?”

 

“They found you behind a gun store.”

 

Baekhyun nods and leans back. “Well, I was pacing back and forth because I was pissed off they wouldn’t sell me a gun...which is fair, I guess.,” he continues for Kai. “I started throwing a fit; kicking trash cans and screaming, cursing. Suho, Kai, and Chanyeol watched me and started to laugh. I got real mad at them and asked them what the hell they were looking at,” He chuckles.

 

Sehun widens his eyes, “Whoa!”

 

“I didn’t know they were in a gang,” Baekhyun sheepishly admits. “Suho asked me what was wrong and I told them I needed a gun. Um...they asked me why and…”

 

“He said he wanted to shoot his mother’s pimp,” Suho says, smiling at the waitress that drops their drinks off. She widens her eyes but seems comforted by his step-brother’s kind expression. “Thank you, honey.”

 

“You told them?!” Sehun gasps. “Strangers?!”

 

“Hey, Suho is really good at getting things out of people,” Xiumin speaks up. “Not, like, the way D.O can with his torturing but with how kind and caring he is; like you really wanna tell him all your secrets!”

 

Baekhyun nods. “I told them he beat my mother and me and wanted him dead. After a couple of hours of coming me down, Suho asked me if I was absolutely sure. I said yes and...Chanyeol lent me his gun.”

 

Chanyeol nods. “It was pretty romantic,” He chuckles and Sehun furrows his brows. That’s not very romantic. “I said he looked pretty cute with a gun and Baek blushed.”

 

“Well, I brought the gun home with me that night and, sure enough, when her pimp came over,” he pauses. “I waited for him to start up with his bull. When he did, I left my bedroom and pointed my gun at him. I screamed at him to stop yelling at my mom and to get the hell out,” He goes on. “He said a dumb little like me didn’t have the balls to shoot him and laughed me off. He went to slap my mom. So I emptied the magazine into him.”

 

“How...how many was that?” Sehun asks.

 

“Eighteen,” Baekhytun says and the boy chokes on his water. 

 

“You shot him eighteen times?!”

 

“Yeah. My um...my mom started to cry and she held me. We both freaked out and didn’t know what to do.”

 

“That’s when we came in,” Suho puts in. “We had followed him home to see if he would really do it or not.”

 

Kai nods. “We offered to clean up and dispose of the body for them. When we saw how many times he shot the pimp, we offered him a job.”

 

“What sort of a job?”

 

The boss shrugs. “Something simple, to test him; similar to you. But his ended up better,” he grimaces. “After that, Chanyeol convinced him to join the gang; said he’d make so much money that his mom wouldn’t have to sleep around for cash anymore.”

 

“I was scared but I wanted my mom to live a comfortable life,” He sighs. “That and uh...I thought Chanyeol was super handsome.” While Baekhyun is eighteen and a senior in their highschool, Chanyeol’s older than him by one or two years. Sehun seems to be the youngest in their group; Xiumin being the oldest at the age of twenty-six, followed by D.O at the age of twenty-five. Kai himself is only twenty. 

 

“So...you’ve been in EXO since eighth grade?” Sehun asks and his best friend nods. “Okay...but what’s this about ghosts?”

“Ah,” Chen chuckles. “The old ghost , huh?” When Sehun looks confused, he explains. “We all have something that haunts us in our life, right? Kind of like a ghost. It’s either someone you’re still suffering over, deep down and it can be as recent as two weeks. For Baekhyun, it was his mother’s pimp. For Xiumin, it was his ex-boyfriend.”

 

“He was a total stalker,” Xiumin scoffs. “He totally terrorized me my whole life since we met as kids. I started dating him in high school...he’s the reason I dropped out of college.”

 

“He scared you?” Sehun asks.

 

“Yeah. He was really violent and abusive,” he hums as he plays with his straw. “After Kai recruited me into EXO, I ran him over with Lay’s car.”

 

Sehun stares at him, waiting to see if he was serious. “Which...car?”

 

“Black Stallion,” Lay sighs sadly. 

 

“I said I was SORRY!” Chanyeol groans.

 

“Suho, who’s your ghost?” Sehun asks.

 

Suho hums as he folds his hands on the table and smiles. “I don’t have one.”

 

“You don’t?” Suho shakes his head and Sehun turns his attention to Chen. “Chen?”

 

Chen leans back and nods. “Mine’s dead already but it was my older brother,” he admits. “He uh...worked for King.”

 

“I never knew that,” Kai frowns.

 

“Well,” He shrugs. “It never came up.”

 

“Why the hell is he your ghost?” Chanyeol scoffs.

 

“You know, my brother and I have been pretty competitive! We wanted to see which gang was alpha, you know?” he laughs, causing the members to stare at him. He finally sighs and becomes serious. “Okay.... The only person who knows about this is Xiumin,” he says quietly. “My brother...was feeding me information about King; that’s where I got all of it from,” Kai nods as they all wait for him to continue. “My brother, one night, called me...he sounded panicked and nervous; asking me to meet in our usual spot. So I went, didn’t even hesitate.” Chen swallows hard and looks down at his hands as he fiddle with a bracelet. Sehun has seen him wearing it all the time but only now gets a good look. He wears two identical bracelets and he recognizes them as sibling bracelets; mostly black beads with three red beats separated on each side by a small gold ring. They’re meant to be worn between siblings, there to remind the wearer that you’ll always be there for each other and have each other’s back. Sehun was planning on getting one with his brother before he died. Xiumin begins to slowly rub Chen’s back, silently urging him to go on. “But when I got there, big bro was…he was hanging up by his wrists, strung up. King and his men, they apparently found out he had been feeding me info...so they followed him here, beat him, sewed his mouth shut, and killed him; all within half an hour.”

 

“They...they sewed his mouth shut?” Sehun asks quietly.

 

“King does that to traitors,” Chanyeol replies. 

 

“Chen...I had no idea,” Suho frowns, gently touching his arm. 

 

“Yeah, well…” Chen laughs dryly, wiping a tear in embarrassment. “God, big bro would hit me if he saw me cryin’ like a damn baby. Uh...anyone else wanna…?”

 

“I’ll go,” D.O speaks up quietly. 

 

Suho widens his eyes. “Kyungsoo? You...you have a ghost?!”

 

The other boys look just as shocked; all except Kai. D.O stares at the table with the typical blank expression he always wears. “I um...I graduated from high school early,” The boys all go silent as they listen. “I was fifteen when the college accepted me.”

 

“You were only fifteen?” Lay asks in amazement. “So young…”

 

D.O smiles tightly before going on. “I um...always had a large interest in the anatomy of humans, so I studied that until I was old enough to become a med student. But during that whole time, highschool and all, I had...a mentor of sorts. He was...is, an amazing man; intelligent, skilled; he taught me everything. One night, he asked me if I was ever curious about pain. I asked him what he meant and then...he asked me if I trust him,” He pauses. “I’ve known him for five years at this point, so of course I...I said yes. He asked me if I could keep a secret. Again, I said yes.” Sehun slowly leans back against the booth, engrossed by the story. “Late at night, he drove me to an abandoned warehouse...smaller than ours. But inside was a single chair and in that chair...sat a man. He was tied up, gagged; a look of fear in his eyes as we approached. I was...stunned.” D.O pauses to take a long gulp of his drink. “My mentor explained that he captured this man as a gift to me. But more than a gift, an opportunity to...hone my abilities,” He says. “To be honest, I should have been more appalled than I actually was. But I...was curious. So he showed me the table of tools...and made me pick one. I um...I learned everything I know from him.”

 

“That’s why you’re better at it than me,” Kai scoffs. “You basically majored in it.”

 

D.O chuckles at the joke and leans back. “Anyways...he’s my ghost, I suppose.”

 

“He’s alive?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“So...what happened?” Baekhyun asks. “If you two were so close, where is he?”

 

Sehun’s new mentor swallows hard and shakes his head. “I don’t know. I went to the warehouse where we would meet for two years. That was three years ago.”

 

“Wait...I thought you were born into gangs?” D.O nods. “And you went...to college?” Sehun’s best friend asks. D.O once again nods. “While in a gang?”

 

“What’s the problem?”

 

“Nothing, nothing,” Baekhyun chuckles. “It’s just surprising. You didn’t finish?”

 

“No, I didn’t. When I realized my mentor had abandoned me, I quit and turned my full attention to the gang. Kai had given me free time for my studies...but I no longer desired it. I felt betrayed.”

 

Suho slowly nods. “You still do…”

 

“Yes...I do. I want answers.”

 

“So, you’ve been learning how to torture people for...five years?” Sehun asks.

 

“Yes.”

 

The boys all go quiet, the only sound is when the waitress comes back and hands out all of their food. Sehun can almost laugh at the perfect timing. Clearing his throat, he smiles at Chanyeol. “Yeol, who's your ghost?” Chanyeol chews slowly, going silent. Sehun looks confused until the realization hits him. “O-oh …I’m sorry, I forgot.”

 

“It’s okay,” Chanyeol forces a smile. “Wait...Sehun, you have multiple ghosts.”

 

“I...guess? Who, other than my dad?”

 

“Well...Zitao, right?”

 

Sehun smiles tightly and nods. “I have three, then.”

 

Suho raises a brow. “Three?”

 

“My dad, Zitao, and…” He pauses as he plays with his straw. “There was a boy who I befriended while in that camp. I never found out what happened to him and I guess that haunts me.”

 

“Do you know his name?”

 

Sehun shakes his head. “No...he knew mine but…” he shrugs. “I was so occupied with my own bull…”

 

“Why not have Amber find him?” Lay offers. “She can literally find anyone.”

 

He sits up straight. “Really? S-she could do that?”

 

“I don’t know how it works myself but yeah. Why don’t you ask her about it when we get back to the warehouse?”

 

Sehun smiles and nods, becoming excited now. Both excited and afraid. They spent their time in the camp together, finding solace in each other. Sehun smiles and focuses on his food as the rest of the boys erupt in conversation. Even D.O and Lay, who is usually very quiet. But today, they seem very active and energetic. The driver also seems to have a bit of a weight off his shoulders and he thinks it has something to do with the death of his ghost. Or is it an exorcism? He snorts at his own joke before taking a bite of his burger.



 

Sehun is slow as he walks through the warehouse. His heartbeat fasts, his eyes scanning the area for any sign of the hacker. When he sees the blonde girl sitting on the couch with her laptop, he approaches her nervously. He clears his throat. “Amber.”

 

Amber nods her head, which is when he notices she has headphones in; loud music can be heard from them. He glances at her screen. It seems to be the blueprint opened up in something like photoshop. She apparently made small tokens for each EXO member, all of them placed in different parts of the hotel. She must be trying to help plan for the attack. He smiles and gently taps her shoulder. The hacker looks up and grins as she takes her earbuds out. “Yo, yo, homie,” She greets in English. 

 

Sehun laughs. “How many times do you greet people like that in hopes they speak English?” He says in the same language.

 

“So many,” She groans and returns to Korean. “What can I do for you?”

 

“I um…I need you to...find someone for me.”

 

“Can do, dude,” Amber hums as she shuts her laptop and stands up. She leads Sehun over to the table, where her usual set-up is. After cracking her knuckles, she wiggles her fingers. “Name?”

 

“I..don’t know.”

 

“Umm...do you have any info?”

 

Sehun sits on a stool beside her. “Well..he’d be my age, so... seventeen-year-old Korean male.”

 

“Dude...come on.”

 

“Okay. Can you track him down through...I don’t know if he was at, like, a camp during a certain year?”

 

“I could try.”

 

Sehun swallows hard. “Okay...try, fourteen-year-old Korean boy,” he pauses. “He was um...at this place about three years ago,” he whispers as he writes the name of the camp down and hands it to her. The smile on her face slowly fades as she reads it. She stares at it for a long moment before looking at him.

 

“Se...Sehun...t-this…” Amber clears and types it in. The two wait for a moment as a few names pop up. She begins to list them off out loud and stops. “Oh...Sehun?” She looks at him. “Sehun, you..?” She glances down at Sehun’s wrist and there’s obvious sadness in her eyes. “Oh...god.”

 

“It’s okay, really. I just want to find him.”

 

“Okay,” She says, her voice breaking. “I need more details.”

 

“The two other boys left within three months. So, look for the other boy who was there for a year or more.”

 

“Oh my god, y-you were there for over a year?!” Amber gasps. When Sehun smiles, she coughs and looks back at the screen. After she types some other things in, one single name pops up. “The only other boy would have been...Lee Taemin.”

 

“The camp took pictures of us before and after we left,” Sehun. “Can you find any of them?”

 

Amber nods. “I can dig in his file a bit if you want; they kept them...apparently.”

 

“Yeah, okay,” Sehun whispers. When the hacker clicks a link, the photo that pops up makes him sigh softly. He swallows hard. “That’s him.”

 

“Lee Taemin,” Amber nods, typing more things in once again. “Seventeen-year-old boy, he stayed in the camp for two years before his parents finally took him out due to health complications.”

 

“W-what?”

 

“He stayed in a hospital for a year, according to his records, where he was treated for depression and attempted suicide. He’s going to be released in two weeks.”

 

“God…” Sehun runs his hand through his hair. “D-do you have a current address?”

 

Amber nods. “He's at a Psychiatric Hospital in Seoul.”

 

“He’s in Seoul?!”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Sehun stares and slowly stands, “Write...write that address down?” When the hacker writes it on a post-it note, he takes it with shaking hands.

 

“Sehun…” Amber stands as well now. “If you’re planning on visiting him...do you want me to come with you? You know, for moral support?”

 

The boy stares at the address before nodding. “I don’t think I could bring Kai or anyone else...thanks, Amber.”

 

She smiles as she shrugs on her coat. “Well, it’s only one in the afternoon. We can hijack Kai’s car!” Sehun barely pays attention as he’s led into the garage. Inside, the hacker snatches Kai’s keys from the board and pulls the boy along. Sehun gets into the passenger’s seat. They only start talking when the car is started and they’re driving out. “So, do you know this guy? Or is he somehow related to King or Sovereign?”

 

“No, he’s...unrelated to any gang.”

 

“So it’s personal.”

 

Sehun slowly nods. “Can you...not tell anyone until I’m ready?”

 

“Even Kai?” She asks, fixing the mirror. 

 

“I’ll...tell him later.”

 

Amber just shrugs as they continue to drive in silence. The facility isn’t that far of a drive, probably only twenty minutes away. The building looks like any regular hospital. Maybe not as big but still.

 

Sehun slowly steps through the doors into the lobby, looking around at the white walls. He forces himself forward as he approaches the counter. He smiles tightly. “Hello. My name is Oh Sehun and I want to visit a patient. I-I’m not related to him or anything but-”

 

The woman nods, stopping when she looks at his jacket. Sehun follows her eyes, to the EXO symbol on his arm. “You...you’re part of EXO?”

 

“Oh. Please don’t pay attention, I just want-”

 

“I-its fine, you can visit. I’m sorry,” She says. “W-what’s the patient’s name?”

 

Sehun cringes as he looks at Amber; who gives him a face that says, “Yikes.” He clears his throat. “Lee Taemin.”

 

“Taemin,” The woman repeats. “You must be his first visit since he’s been admitted here.”

 

“What? I am? What about his parents?”

 

She shakes her head before standing. Sehun already knows that this would be where she has someone search him. But she seems to skip that part, leading him toward an area to the side. Amber says she’ll wait in the lobby, sitting and picking up a magazine. “I’ll see if Mr. Lee wants to see you. He’s quite shy and withdrawn.”

 

Sehun slowly nods as she brings him to a room that’s actually quite cozy. With chairs and couches, he can only assume it’s a palace for visitation. He chooses a table in the corner with only two chairs. Trying not to shake as he waits, the bot decides to pull off his jacket and set it off to the side, beside him; he’d rather not scare Taemin away. If he even accepts his visit. God, he doesn’t know what he’s doing there. What a ed up pair they are. Taemin gets put into a hospital, Sehun goes to juvie for setting his house on fire. He wonders if they would have turned out better if none of it happened; if they haven’t been sent to that camp. What if Sehun shut his mouth and never came out as gay? His mother and brother would be alive. What about Taemin? What if he never went? Would he be a regular seventeen-year-old, going to school, laughing with friends? Sehun wouldn't be shooting or torturing people. If his old friend decides to visit, he probably shouldn't bring that up. 

 

A good twenty minutes go by and still no Taemin. Sehun lets out a soft sigh and looks up at the clock. That nurse had come back already. Deciding his old friend just doesn’t want to see him, he grabs his jacket and begins to stand. He stops, however, when someone steps out and looks at him. With short, messy, brown hair, the figure wears a short-sleeved white shirt paired with white pajama bottoms and slippers. He quickly recognizes the man to be Taemin; tired and worn. Sehun swallows hard. “Taemin?”

 

“Sehun,” He whispers, slowly walking toward the table. 

 

Sehun sits back down and nods. “The boy from camp.”

 

Taemin slowly sits in the opposite chair. “I...I remember you.”

 

Sehun stares at his tired, old friend. The last time he saw him, he had been crying but trying to smile as they waved goodbye. He was always so energetic and happy. What the hell happened? “I...don’t know where to begin.”

 

“How did you find me?”

 

“That...the thing is, I have this friend…” He sighs. “She’s kind of a hacker.”

 

“A hacker…?”

 

Sehun once again sets his leather jacket down, briefly catching Taemin’s attention. “I asked her to...look you up. But I didn’t know your name so the only thing I had to go on was...age, ethnicity, and...well, location.”

 

“Explain.”

 

“I had her look into...that camp’s files,” He says quietly. “The other boys left before us, so she narrowed it down to...two. You and me.” Taemin watches Sehun, nodding as he listens. “After we learned your name, she found out that you...had been put in here and gave me the address. I-I...I came. I didn’t even think about it, I’m sorry. I should've...I don’t know, call? But when Amber handed me that address and I read about what happened to you; I was so pissed knowing you...suffered as I did.”

 

“You suffered…?”

 

“After...I left the camp, my mom and brother picked me up,” He smiles. “I told you about them, remember?” Taemin nods. “They…” Sehun stares at his old friend and swallows hard. “On their way...they got in a crash….it killed them.” Taemin’s expression seems to soften at that. “God...after that, I was a ing mess. Dad got worse. He drank all the time, hit me, blamed me. I…” He shakes his head. “I set our house on fire and tried to kill my dad and me. They sent me to juvie.” Sehun leans back. “I...I always hoped that you’d do better than me…”

 

Taemin sighs. “I didn't think you’d remember me.”

 

“Taemin, how could I not?!” He frowns. “You were the only thing in there keeping me sane! You were my damn solace; even while I was being tortured, I thought of you, as well as my…” he pauses, realizing what he said.

 

Taemin’s eyes widen. “You were...tortured?”

 

“I…” Sehun shakes his head before taking out his wallet and pulling something out. He sets it on the table. His old friend stares at it before picking it up. When he unfolds it, he weakly smiles. 

 

“An old chocolate bar wrapper…”

 

“You snuck that in for me,” He chuckles. “It’s lame but I’ve kept that with me ever since. I don’t know, kind of...good luck charm?”

Taemin fiddles with it before looking up. “Sehun...you look like .”

 

Sehun laughs. “Thanks. I haven’t slept well since...well, for a long time. But lately.”

 

“What keeps you up?”

 

He stares at his old friend, unsure how much to tell him. He smiles. “I was tortured by some men,” he whispers.

 

Taemin stares at him before looking down at his jacket. He looks at the symbol. “EXO…”

 

“Oh, don’t um...don’t pay attention to that,” He laughs nervously, trying to hide it. But Taemin grabs it and holds the jacket up. His old friend examines it closely.

 

“I’ve seen them on the news...they’re a gang.”

 

“R-really? I thought they...were an idol group?” He lies. “....Singing? Dancing?” Taemin gives him a pointed look, causing him to sigh. “Okay, so I joined a gang- sue me.” He hands the jacket back.

 

“Is that why you were tortured?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Taemin visibly swallows hard. “I didn’t...ever think I’d see you.”

 

“Upset?”

 

“No...no, far from it,” He smiles weakly.

 

“Wait, you don’t care that I’m in a gang?”

 

“No.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Being through what we went through...it ed us up and took away any chance we had of being normal. You tried to set your house on fire and I tried to hang myself...we never had a chance, Sehun.”

 

“Hey, when you get out, join EXO; I can teach you how to use a gun,” he jokes, scoffing.

 

Taemin laughs softly. “You carry a gun?”

 

“Two.”

 

“Even right now?”

 

“They didn’t search me, so yeah.” They both go silent for a moment. “How...are you doing in here?”

 

“Better,” He admits. “They’re going to release me in two weeks.”

 

Sehun nods. “I heard.” He looks down when there’s a vibration in his pocket. He pulls his phone from his pocket and checks the Id. He shakes his head when he sees it’s Kai.

 

Sehun: Busy. I’ll call you later.

 

After he sends the text, he puts the phone away. “Who is that?”

 

“Kai. My boss and my boyfriend.”

 

Taemin rests his cheek on his hand. “You have a boyfriend? What’s he like?”

 

Sehun lets out a sigh. “Tan, dyed blonde hair. Short temper and intimidating. Hot. He has similar features to you but he’s...harder, rougher. He was born in the world of gangs.”

 

“That...sounds rough.”

 

“Yeah,” he smiles fondly. “When we’re around others, he’s hard and my boss. But when it’s just the two of us, he’s kind and soft.”

 

Taemin hums at that. “I’m surprised...I didn’t think either of us would ever...be in a normal relationship.”

 

“Normal? I’m dating a gang boss, Taemin,” he chuckles. He chews on his lower lip before speaking up again. “Hey, um...if you want, I can visit you again. And when you get out, we...we could hang out?”

 

His old friend looks at the wrapper. “I...would like that. I’m nervous...I don’t have anywhere to stay when I get out.”

 

“I can help you!” He exclaims. “I know someone who could set you up with an apartment, especially when he finds out you mean so much to me. When I got out of juvie, I felt so...ing alone. My dad was there, whatever. But he would always ignore me like I was a ghost. But EXO makes me feel like I belong somewhere. So, let me help you, Tae.”

 

Taemin looks sehun in the eyes. “Who...is it?”

 

“My step-brother, Junmyeon. He hasn’t been my brother for too long but he already adores me. If I explain everything to him, he’ll help you.”

 

His friend shakes his head. “You’re so willing to help me when we haven't seen each other in  years.”

 

“I know but...you were there for me when no one else was. In that camp, it was like the deepest pits of hell. But you always made me laugh and helped me,” He scoffs. “I mean, god; you were my first ing kiss.”

 

Taemin chuckles. “That’s true.” He sits still for a few minutes, the silence surrounding them as he seems to think hard. “I...I don’t want to be alone anymore.”

 

Sehun sighs. “Then it’s settled. I’ll keep visiting you and then when you get out, we’ll hang out. It might add some normality to my life.”

 

“I’m not normal either, Sehun.”

 

“No but...having a friend outside EXO would be normal for me.”

 

“...Okay, Sehun. When you visit, I’ll come…”

 

Sehun grins and nods as he stands. “I have to go, Tae, b-but I’ll be back,” He says as he puts on his jacket. When Taemin goes to hand him the wrapper, he shakes his head. “Keep it. It’s harmless, so they should let you keep it.” Sehun starts to walk away but stops and glances back. “If they try taking it, tell them EXO gave it to you.” Without another word, the boy heads to the lobby and rejoins the jacket. 

 

“Hey! How’d it go?” Amber asks as she stands. It looks like some guy was trying to hit on her, seeming thankful for the rescue. 

 

The boy looks back at his friend, who he can see. Taemin sits in the chair until one of the nurses comes to get him. When she seems to try to take the wrapper, the boy says something; causing her eyes to widen. Sehun laughs when she backs off, allowing the boy to stuff it in his pajama pockets and walk away, “It went well, Amber...it went really well.”

-----------------------

Sorry, it took so long! This is a completely new chapter, whooa! I sat back and thought about it and realized this kind of stuff was missing from the last version. At least for me :)