King and I

Rush v2

Sehun had decided to get some food, asking Lay to drop him off at his favorite cafe. Ironically, the same one he had a gun pointed at him. But he still goes regardless. Sitting in a booth, he’s about halfway through with his eggs when someone slips into the seat in front of him. He stops chewing and slowly looks up, his heart beating fast with fear now. King stares at him, a small smile on his face. “Hello.”

 

Sehun sets his fork down and wipes his mouth with a napkin. “King,” He whispers. “Come to finish the job?”

 

“Or start it,” King chuckles. Just like with Kai, a waitress quickly brings him a coffee. “I see you were unharmed in the shooting.”

 

“We all were,” Sehun lies. Lying is something’s damn good at. He's been doing it almost all his life. 

 

“Oh? So why were you at the hospital all day and night?” The man challenges.

 

Sehun is scared, of course. But he can’t show it, not to this guy. He puts his good hand on the gun beside him; the one he had taken out just in case. “Only my dislocated shoulder,” He motions to his arm in a sling. “But that was because of a bad turn in the van; maybe you should teach your men to shoot better.”

 

“Oh? And where is your precious leader?”

 

“You think I’d tell you?” Sehun scoffs. “I’m not an idiot.”

 

“No,” King leans back. “You are very...resourceful and you seem to learn fast. My right-hand is evidence of that.”

 

“An accident.”

 

“Right, an accident.”

 

“Your so-called right-hand tried to a seventeen-year-old,” Sehun glares. “I had to defend myself.”

 

“You were stealing something.”

 

“So just shoot me!” He snaps.

 

“Gladly.” King pulls out a gun but stops when the sound of a gun from under the table. Sehun stares at him. The other leader slowly grins. “I like you, Oh Sehun. Just joined a gang and you’re already talented. Not many people can surprise me. Why not join us? My gang is so much bigger and powerful.”

 

“Thanks but no,” He glares. “Family ties.

 

“Yes,” King hums after sipping his drink. “Come on, eat your breakfast, it’ll get cold.”

 

“I’m not hungry,” Sehun mutters. 

 

“Nonsense, you look skinny- you should get your protein.”

 

Sehun slowly shakes his head. “No, I should be leaving,” he says as he stands, his gun still trained on the other leader. He shoves the eggs off the table and onto the floor when the man tries to reach for them. “Pay for your own ing meal,” He scoffs before quickly leaving. He only puts his gun away once he’s down the street, pulling out his phone instead. But who does he call? He groans and looks around. King’s people could be anywhere. 

 

“Come on, Sehun!” King shouts from the cafe door. “Get back in here and let’s talk! Don’t make me send my boys after you.”

 

“ you!” Sehun shouts back, now running down the street, turning a corner when he can. Remembering Lay’s offer, he calls him. “Hello, Lay?”

 

“Ah, hello Sehun. Are you enjoying your breakfast?”

 

“Oh, sure,” he huffs, constantly looking over his own shoulder. “I was really enjoying some nice eggs and bacon before the good old King showed up and tried to sit with me for a meal.”

 

“What?” The driver asks. “Sehun, are you alright?!”

 

“Um, honestly? No idea,” he laughs nervously. “King wanted me to talk to him or he’d have to send his boys after me.”

 

Lay takes a deep breath. “I understand.  If you text me your location, I’ll come to pick you up; just stay out of sight. I’ll bring Tank, just in case. Stay safe, Sehun.” After the driver hangs up, Sehun texts him his location before tucking into an alley and hiding behind some trash cans. He takes out his gun again and keeps it up. Just in case, he puts his phone on vibrate, as to not make any noise that might give him up.

 

He remembers doing this at the camp. Sneaking off with a phone and scared less to get caught. He had been texting his brother back and forth. But when he got caught, the punishment was horrible. He almost felt like the whole staff liked to pick on Sehun specifically, for some damn reason. He closes his eyes and groans softly when he hears some men begin to shout nearby. Probably King’s men. 

 

“Come out, little !” He’s been called worse.

 

Sehun pushes himself further against the wall when he hears footsteps coming closer and closer inside the alley. He peeks between two trash cans, only three men seem to be around, all of them with guns. That’s when he hears the loud roaring of a van, Tank; a heavily built van specifically modified to withstand a heavy amount of bullets. He looks to the right, noticing another alley leading to another street. He bites his lip and texts Lay, telling him to park on that side. The loud engines from Tank seem to get their attention long enough for Sehun to quickly dash out from his hiding spot. He ducks his head when a rain of bullets are fired his way, using his own gun to shoot a few off himself. He’s pretty sure he hit only one in the arm but that’s enough for him. He practically runs into Tank face first at the end of the alley. He jumps when a bullet just misses his arm, digging into the van. He swings the door open and jumps in; Lay doesn’t wait for the doors to be closed before he already has his foot on the gas and speeding down the road. 

 

“What did he want?” Lay asks as soon as they’re far away enough. “Tell me what happened.”

 

“Like I said on the phone. I was enjoying my breakfast when your majesty decides to sit with me. He told me to join him but I said no.”

 

“Join you, huh?” 

 

“I apparently impressed him. He also asked me why I was at the hospital.”

 

“You lied?”

 

“Obviously,” Sehun scoffs. “He probably thinks since I’m new, I'm not as loyal as the others and easily swayed. That must mean he doesn’t know about my ties to Baekhyun and Junmyeon.”

 

Lay huffs in response. “Let’s keep it that way. We go to great lengths to hide our weaknesses, like love. It’s why you’ll never see Baekhyun and Chanyeol or Xiumin and Chen show affection in public.”

 

Sehun slowly nods. “I get that. If I didn’t know, I wouldn't have guessed any of you were together.”

 

“You’re staying at the warehouse for now, okay? I still don't feel good about you being at your home yet,” He says. “Not with King still after you.”

 

“Yeah, that’s fair…” He sighs as he hops out of the van once parked. He practically drags his feet during the walk to the double. He still feels strange being here. “Hello,” he meekly greets before falling onto the couch, face first.

 

“Sehun?” Junmyeon asks.

 

“Ughhhh,” Shun groans into the leather material.

 

“Okay, what happened?”

 

“Mmmff.”

 

“What? Sit up, Sehun, I can’t hear you.”

 

Sehun does as he’s told, looking up at his brother. “After I left the hospital, I went to have breakfast,” he mutters. “And uh...King decided to sit with me and have a nice talk.”

 

Junmyeon widens his eyes and takes a quick seat. “O-oh my god! Are you okay? Did he hurt you? What did he want?!”

 

“Well, I asked him if he came to finish the job, he said no, kind of. That’s when he asked me why I was at the hospital...I took out my gun under the table and pointed it at him” He begins. “Just in case. He offered me to join his gang.”

 

“He...offered you to join his GANG?” His brother asks him in disbelief.

 

Sehun lets out a frustrated sigh. He gets up from the couch and goes over to the table, looking for something to relieve his stress. He grabs one of the various guns stored nearby and releases the magazine. Pointing it in a safe direction, he pulls the slide back. He pushes the lever up with his thumb while still holding the slide back with his other hand. 

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Relieving stress,” He mumbles.

 

“Okay and who the hell taught you this?”

 

Sehun shrugs. “Chanyeol did. Anyways, after the er asked me to join him,” He continues, looking inside the chamber for extra ammo; using his pinky to sweep as well. “I left and he shouted at me to just come back and talk, or he’d send his boys after me. I called Lay after that.” 

 

“Well, good,” Junmyeon says, watching his younger brother close the slide. Still pointing it in a safe direction, he pulls the trigger to release the firing pin. The gun is held in one hand, with four fingers around the top side, and the thumb holding the grip. “Sehun, do you seriously do this to relieve stress?”

 

“Well, I tried normal stuff,” Sehun admits. “Like, I don’t know, chewing gum or exercise.” He pulls down the slide lock before removing the spring. Chanyeol had made him do this before the hotel incident for hours, really wanting him to be ready. He holds the barrel by the extruding lugs. Lifting it while pushing forward slightly, he raises and pulls the barrel out. “I did this after the...hotel and it seems to work for me.”

 

“You are one angry child,” his brother sighs. “That worries me...it worries me how well you seem to be fitting in.”

 

“Is that bad?” He sets the gun down to look up at Junmyeon. 

 

Junmyeon smiles and pats his head. “I don’t know but you’re sitting here disassembling a gun. Next thing you know, you’ll be wanting a punching bag.”

 

Sehun stares at him. “Do you guys have one of those?”

 

Junmyeon laughs before crouching down and picks up a box. “We sure do but do you know how to clean that gun?”

 

“No,” He admits. “Teach me?”

 

His brother takes a seat and sighs. “Not how I wanted to bond but...sure, why not? You had a rough day.”