Sovereign and King

Rush v2

 

Sehun’s head pounds as he slowly opens his eyes. He blinks rapidly as he groans, trying to make sense of the surroundings around him. He squints at the shape of someone limp. Kai; dry and wet blood running down his tan skin. He shakes his head and looks to the other side of the strange room. No, not a room; they’re on the roof. When trying to move, he can feel that he has been restrained. Handcuffs dig into his wrist and that causes him to really panic. He ing hates handcuffs, anything but handcuffs. He grunts as he tries to kick his feet. 

 

He stops when he notices three other figures. Lay, Suho, and Baekhyun. Everyone else is tied up with rope. Everyone but him. His heart hurts when he sees the pool of blood around his brother’s stomach. “Junmyeon…” When someone approaches him, he flinches.

 

“Finally,” King says. “You’re awake.” Sehun stares up at him. “You’re pretty tough to wake up,” He scoffs. “That makes sense...Zitao must have toughened you up.” he pauses. “But you’re still weak!” Sehun cries out when King sends a harsh kick to his stomach. He gags and rolls over, groaning as vomit threatens. “So soft and weak...just as your damn father.”

 

If he’s going to die, Sehun at least wants to put on a brave face. He’ll never let this bastard get to him. He lets out a dry laugh. “Are you serious?” he rolls onto his back. “I didn’t give a about that bastard,” Sehun spits. He pulls on the attitude he had with the camp and with Zitao. “You did me a favor, getting rid of him,” He pants. “I hope he ROTS IN HELL!”

 

King raises a brow, “Hated him, did you?”

 

“Yeah,” Sehun growls. “I hated that useless, worthless drunk bastard!” Yeah, he hated him. But he didn’t want to. He wanted to reconnect. They were going to. 

 

“What a pity,” the man sighs. “Your father’s last words were of you. Pathetic words, really. He beggars us not to hurt you.”

 

Sehun shakes his head. He knows this bastard is just trying to get to him. “Don’t lie,” he sighs. “My dad hated my guts. I bet he’d love if you had killed me instead.”

 

King slowly nods before he pulls something out and gently sets it next to Sehun’s head. As soon as he presses a button, he closes his eyes tightly. His father’s voice; panting, heavy, desperate, and in pain. “W-what do you want?” His father shouts. Silence. “Why are you after my son?!” Sehun begins to tremble as he listens. “Torture me all you want. I don’t know where he is...a-and even if I did-”

 

“Come now,” King from the recording chuckles. “I already know where your son is.”

 

More silence. “W-what?” His father stutters. “Don’t…” He can almost hear how much his father is shaking. “Don’t hurt him, you hear me?!” He’s becoming angry. He’s a lot of things. Scared, hurt, angry, frantic. Sehun’s chest hurts and tightens he tries to drown out the screaming. More torture. “Please! Please, he’s a good kid! D-don’t hurt him, please! What do you want? Money? I’ll give you anything!” His father begins to sob. “Please...just don’t hurt Sehun!” 

 

Sehun chokes up as he rests his cheek against the hard floor. He begins to sob as well, tears falling and his vision clouding. “I’m sorry but...he’s going to die,” King says. “Painfully and slowly. Just as he killed my lieutenant.

 

“You lying bastard!” His father shouts. “My Sehun wouldn’t kill anyone, he’s a good boy! H-he’s a little lost but he...no!” His father’s voice gets louder and louder. He begs for Sehun’s life the whole time but his screams replace; emulating from the recording. Blood-boiling screams as his father die slowly and painfully. Alone.

 

“It’s impressive,” King says as he grabs the black object and turns it off. “He lasted a good eight hours before he died.”

 

“It must run in the family,” Sovereign says as he approaches. He kneels down to Sehun, watching as he shakes and sobs. “You’ve never cried, no matter how much I hurt you.” He shakes his head. “What a wonderful addition you would have made…”

 

Sehun wants to scream at him. He wants to do everything to him. Punch, kick, stab, hurt him. He wants to hurt all of them. But he can’t. He doesn’t. He just cries like the stupid little baby. “You look so pretty when you cry,” He flinches when Zitao slowly caresses his cheek. Sehun watches as Tao disappears to the side and King now approaches Kai; who is now beginning to wake up.He feels sick when The Sovereign begins to pet the crying boy’s head from behind. 

 

“Ah,” King stares down at the leader. “The child boss awakens.”

 

“ you!” Kai snarls before spitting in his face. He pulls out a tissue and slowly wipes it off his face.

 

“Still no manners,” King steps back just as two men come up behind Kai and grab him by his arms. They force him to his knees and hold him there. Sehun cries out with each sound of impact as King hits Kai. He struggles as he watches, his heart hurting. But Kai doesn’t once flinch or show much emotion; as if each hit were just a gentle breeze of air. Sehun admires him so much. How the man can go through so much pain and how much he has already gone through. “You idiot, ing child! Nothing but a small, pathetic child!” The gang leader snarls, raising his gun and smacking the of his gun hard against Kai’s face. He makes no noise as he falls to the side, the other men letting him go. 

 

Sehun swallows hard. He wants to help him. He has to help him. Every inch of Sehun’s body wants to just burst out and protect his leader. It has nothing to do with the man being his boss. But because he loves him. He knows he does. He’s never felt this before. But he does. So when King crouches down and sets the barrel of the gun to Kai’s head, Sehun does the only thing he can think of. 

 

“W-wait!”

 

King narrows his eyes at him. “What the hell do YOU want?”

 

“I killed your right hand- in cold blood,” Sehun his blood, trying to think of something. “I lied when I said it was an accident. I didn’t even hesitate, didn't even blink.”

 

“Trust me,” King turns back, “I care more about blowing Kai’s brains out than you killing my right.”

 

“B-but-”

 

“Shut the up, Sehun!” Kai shouts and Sehun feels his heart beats faster. He wants to protect him. When King his gun again, Sehun speaks up again.

 

“I-I love him!” He blurts out.”

 

“So?”

 

“So...if you, I mean if you really want to cause him pain before you kill him...shoot me first.”

 

King seems to think about this for a moment. He glances down at Kai, who looks at Sehun with wide, scared eyes. The boy smiles weakly, apologetically. 

 

“Don’t listen to him!” Kai shouts again. “He’s a dumb ing kid- he doesn’t know what the hell he’s talking about. I ing used him and he thinks it’s love!” It might hurt a lot but Sehun knows he’s trying to act tough. “It’s pathetic that you think I care about you!”

 

“I see,” King laughs again and goes over to Sehun. The same two men grab his arms and force him up, as they did with Kai. “You might be right, Kid,” He aggressively puts the barrel of the gun to Sehun’s forehead this time. “In fact,” he motions around. “I think I’ll shoot the rest of his gang first. But I'll start with his .” King stares intently at Sehun. “Your worst mistake is falling in love with someone like Kai.” Sehun swallows hard, the sound of Kai’s screaming can be heard. He thinks of Suho, Baekhyun, his step-mom. He thinks of Taemin. He thinks of Kai.

 

“Sorry,” He thinks and shuts his eyes tightly. “Sorry…”

 

“Dad!”

 

Sehun gasps at the sound of two gunshots, the men at his side falling limp. He opens his eyes to see someone by the door. Chanyeol, his gun aimed at the now-dead members of King. He now points it as his father, his other hand clenched tightly at his side. 

 

“Chanyeol” King sighs. “Get the hell out of here, if you know what’s good for you.”

 

“I can’t do that,” Chanyeol shakes his head. “These are my friends.” he glances at Baekhyun. “And then more.”

 

“Oh please,” King looks down at Sehun before slapping him hard in the face. “These idiots?!” Sehun cringes a bit but he holds his ground. “This little-” He gives him another slap. “” He falls this time, as Kai had done. The pounding in his head hits the stone. 

 

“I’m going to warn you once, don’t try it, Zitao,” Chanyeol warns, his eyes never leaving his father. King glances over to the side, watching as Sovereign makes his way over to Baekhyun with a knife in hand. Chanyeol barely glances when he points and doesn’t hesitate to shoot the man in his leg. Sovereign yells out in pain as he falls to the side. He curses and grabs his gun out as well. But screams as another gunshot fires. Sehun cringes at the bullet-wound now in the gang leader’s right wrist. “You take one more step toward him and you’re ing dead.”

 

“So, what is this?” King smiles. “You’ll shoot me?” Chanyeol stares at him without faltering. “Here’s what’s going to happen,” he begins. “I’m going to shoot all of these boys, as well as Sovereign. And you can join me.”

 

“S-shoot me?!” The sovereign shouts. “You ing bastard!”

 

“Join you?” Chanyeol scoffs. “That’s funny.”

 

“We were good together, son,” King says softly, ignoring the other leader. “Son, please.” Sehun begins to relax when the king’s son still doesn’t falter. “You don’t need them, Chanyeol! Even Baekhyun. He’s the son of a , isn’t he?” he shakes his head. “You don’t have the guts to shoot me anywa-” King abruptly stops dead in his tracks as a gun goes off. Sehun goes wide-eyed as the man stares at his son in shock. He slumps the floor, holding his chest wound. Chanyeol slowly walks up to him, his expression flat and seemingly unfeeling. ``C-Chanyeol...you...you shot me.”

 

“This is for mom,” Chanyeol mutters before a single and last shot is fired, a loud bang echoing through as his father goes limp. He stares back down at his father bitterly, a bullet hole in his forehead, perfectly between the eyes. He spits on King’s dead body before going over to Baekhyun, understandably enough. He slowly caresses his boyfriend’s cheek, seeming to check for any real wounds. When not seeing anything fatal, he goes back to Kai and unties him. Kai immediately gets to Sehun. He lets out an exaggerated sigh as he rubs his wrist. Chanyeol says nothing as he goes to the other members and checks on them. The tall man unties them all, Suho last before he helps pick the man up with D.O’s help. Kai stares after him for a moment. “I guess shooting your own father isn’t easy for everyone.”

 

“Give him time,” Sehun smiles weakly. “It’s kind of scary seeing a nice guy like him go ape .”

 

“Yeah.” They go silent for a moment as they watch the others. As if suddenly remembering, Kai turns back to Sehun. “You ing idiot!” Kai growls, pulling him up to his feet. “What if he actually shot you?!”

 

Sehun looks down at the floor, like a scolded child. “I...figured it’d give you time to escape.”

 

Kai observes him carefully. “You...didn’t know Chanyeol was coming, did you?” Sehun looks away, not saying a thing. No, he didn’t know. “You...you were just gonna die?! Just like that?” The leader grips Sehun by the shoulders tightly. “Why?!”

 

“Because what I said before was true,” Sehun whispers. Kai opens his mouth but the boy turns away and limps to the door. “We should go” The other groggily agrees. Chanyeol stops and looks back at his father. He swallows hard and looks to the floor. 

 

Baekhyun gently rubs his back, seeming to try and comfort him. “Baby…” 

 

Chanyeol stands still for a moment before finally leading Suho back out. 

 

“What about me?!” Zitao shouts. “You can’t just leave me here!”

 

Sehun stops and turns. He stares at the Chinese man for a moment before slowly walking over to him. He kneels and smiles. “They’ll think your gang killed King,” Sehun shrugs. 

 

Kai smirks. “They’ll think it’s just another gang battle. And a gang leader inside prison? Oof.”

 

“You..” Zitao growls at Sehun, “I should have killed you in that room.”

 

“Yeah,” Sehun agrees. “You should have. But if you ever get out of prison,” he picks up his large knife one of King’s men had. He stares into the man’s eyes before stabbing it hard into Sovereign's legs; grinning at the loud, agonized scream he makes. “I’ll be waiting for you.” He turns and walks off with Kai, leaving the man. The Chinese man screams, swearing insults in his natural language as it echoes down the stairs.

 

“What’s he saying?” Kai asks and Sehun tiredly shakes his head.

 

“You don’t wanna know.”

--------------------

sorry, Chanyeol D: