Curiosity

Rush v2

 

 

After class, Sehun yawns and rubs his eyes as he sits at his desk. He’s not in a huge rush to get home, especially after last night. He looks up when his best friend, Baekhyun approaches him. “Hey there, sleepy.” When Sehun looks up at him, he frowns at the bruise on his upper cheek.

 

“Hey yourself, what the happened to your eyes?” Sehun asks. “It wasn’t your boyfriend, was it?”

 

Baekhyun snorts. “Are you kidding me? As if that giant puppy would EVER hurt me.”

 

Sehun smiles and grabs his bag, standing up now. “You’re right, that dude couldn’t hurt a fly. But what happened?”

 

Baekhyun hums as he purses his lips in thoughts. “Hey, your dad remarried Junmyeon’s mom, right?”

 

“You know him?”

 

“Oh, yeah, Myeon and I go waaay back,” He grabs onto Sehun’s arm and grins. “Hey, can I come over? I wanna see your room, Sehunnie!”

 

“Ugh,” Sehun pretends to barf. “Don’t call me that.”

 

“So you’ll show me?”

 

“Fine, fine.”



 

“Home sweet home,” Sehun says sarcastically, tossing his bag to the side as soon as they step in his room.

 

“I’ve been here before,” Baekhyun says as he looks around. “Not in this room but I’m kind of friends with your new bro.”

 

“Junmyeon, you mean?” When Baekhyun nods, Sehun remembers last night and how he snuck out with two other people. “He was acting weird last night,” Sehun admits, taking a seat on his bed. 

 

“Weird how?” Baekhyun asks as he sits in his friend’s desk chair.

 

“Weird like…” Sehun shrugs. “I saw him sneaking out last night.”

 

“Oh?” Baekhyun looks a but concerned at that.

 

"Yeah, with two other guys. They had these...jackets?"

 

"What'd...they look like?"

 

“Well, they were leather and black with a weird symbol on the back.”

 

“A weird symbol…?”

 

“I couldn’t tell what it was but…”

 

Baekhyun shrugs and leans back. “Junmyeon’s mom is kind of a strict woman. It’s probably the only way he can go out with friends.”

 

“Maybe,” Sehun mutters but he doesn’t believe that for a minute. What’s with the large duffle bag? Why did they all have matching, leather jackets like some gang or group of delinquents? Why call him Suho? Something about this was way too fishy and he wants to get to the bottom of it.

 

Baekhyun yawns as he strands, stretching as he does so. “Well, cutie, I gotta go.”

 

“But you just got here?”

 

“I knoow but Chanyeol wants to take me out tonight,” He says as he grabs his bag and waves. “I’ll see you later, kiddo!”

 

“You’re a year older than me!” Sehun calls out as his friends leave, rolling his eyes. He bites his lip and taps his foot. Something doesn’t feel right. He reaches under his bed and pulls out the rope he took from his dad’s new shed. After tying it tightly around the leg of his bed, he goes over to the other side of his room and tests it out. When he’s happy that it can hold his weight, he hides it back under his bed and waits for night. He has something kind of stupid planned.



 

“Sehun?” Sehun’s father knocks on his door once before opening it. He had constantly asked his dad to wait for him to call him in. But he ignores it, like the he is. “Why are you still up?”

 

Sehun looks up from his laptop and shrugs. "I still have homework," He lies. "I'll go to bed soon."

 

"Alright."

 

Sehun stares at his screen for a moment, chewing his lower lip a bit. He sighs and turns back around. He’s been feeling bad about it all night and day. "Dad, look. About yesterday-"

"You need to be more grateful Sehun," His father interrupts. “I won’t put up with disrespect for much longer, got it?”

 

His son sighs and shakes his head, going back to his homework. He was about to apologize for yelling but it. “Night.”

 

His father shuts the door without another word. Sehun sighs and shuts his laptop, looking around his room. He doesn’t have time to deal with this . After getting up and locking his door, he turns off his light and heads for his window. Just as before, two men come with a ladder and repeat the whole process. It makes him wonder how often he does this. 

 

Once the men are far enough, Sehun quickly grabs the rope from earlier and tosses it out the window. He climbs out the window, slowly climbing down. He lands a bit roughly but quickly picks himself up and pulls his hood on. Sneaking down the alley, he begins to follow the three men. They make a lot of turns and shortcuts as they cut through the rough side of town. They finally slow down at a huge but old seemingly refurbished warehouse, stopping at some double doors. Sehun wonders if he’s being stupid and this is just a place Junmyeon goes to hang out with his friends. Or is it something darker than that? The place looks pretty well built but it has a large, black van parked in the front that looks quite expensive.

 

Once the men are inside, Sehun quickly sneaks up a window and peeks inside. Six men surround what looks to be a relatively empty place, aside from a black leather couch and two chairs beside it; a tv stand in front of it, a white fur rug underneath. Just like with the outside, the inside seems to be made of brick while the floors look like stone. 

 

“We should forget that place!” Someone says, frowning when he recognizes the voice. He covers his mouth when he sees Baekhyun and Chanyeol, his boyfriend. “The staff already know what we look like!”

 

“We’re not giving up on it, Baek,” A dark-haired man scoffs. “We spent way too much ing time and money!”

 

“Look, Chen,” Junmyeon sighs. “I agree with Baekhyun on this, it’s way too risky.”

 

“You’re just scared, Suho!”

 

“We shouldn’t fight, you guys!” A baby-faced boy with short, orange, messy hair puts in. “Let’s just wait for a few days before we decide anything. 

 

Junmyeon rubs his face and looks to a man sitting in the middle of the leather couch. His tan skin practically glowing from the lamplight on the end table next to him. His short, platinum hair is messily slicked back, with the sides shaved. He looks intimidating as hell.

 

“Look-” The man is interrupted when Sehun almost screams when two hands grab him from behind. All of the men’s heads snap towards the window as he’s forced to his feet. 

 

“What’s this then?” A short man says, his hair short, black but neat. His dark, large eyes scared Sehun to his very core.

 

“Maybe an intruder,” The other man offers. “Or perhaps a spy.”

 

“W-whaa…” Sehun stares at them with wide-eyes before the shorter one kicks the door open and the two drag him inside. They toss him to the floor in front of him, causing Sehun to grunt in pain. He quickly looks up at them, his eyes still wide with fear. 

 

"Sehun?" Junmyeon says, quickly standing up.

 

"Sehun! What the are you doing here?!" Baekhyun asks angrily, going over and grabbing Sehun's arm tightly. 

 

Sehun grimaces at his friend’s unusually aggressive behavior. “Ow, !” he groans.

 

The man Sehun can only assume is the boss, stands up as well. “You two know this kid?”

 

Junmyeon sighs and nods. "He's my step-brother."

 

"And my best friend," Baekhyun responds. "You damn idiot!"

 

“What…” Sehun looks around, his eyes darting around at all of the boys. “W-what is this?”


 

"Sehun, Did you follow me?" 

 

"I...I don’t know! What’s going on?" Sehun looks at Baekhyun, who just looks away.

 

The boss lets out a long sigh. Sehun’s wide eyes return when the man pulls out a gun. “We can’t let him go.”

 

Junmyeon steps forward. “No, Kai! I don’t give two ing s if you’re the boss; this boy is OFF limits!”

 

Kai stares at him for a moment before shrugging and setting the weapon on the end table. “Fine, I won’t kill him. But we still can’t let him go...he’ll tell someone.”

 

"No, he won't!" Junmyeon argues. "He's just dumb and confused!”

 

"And you know he won’t?!" Kai snaps, causing some of the men to flinch. "You said you just met him not only a day ago!"

 

"I...I know but h-he..."

 

"Tie him up, Lay," Kai instructs. 

 

Sehun struggles when Lay grabs his arms from Baekhyun and forced them behind his back. He can feel panic begin to set in when a pair of handcuffs are pulled out. He begins to breathe heavily and shakes his head. “No! No, not handcuffs! Don't put handcuffs on me!”

 

“I’m sorry, I’ll be gentle,” Lay apologizes.

 

"Stop apologizing!" D.O snaps as well. 

 

Sehun manages to get free before the metal cuffs are put on him and he begins to run. But he doesn’t get far, as the short man steps in front of him and hits him hard with the of his gun. He lets out a cry as he hits the floor, covering where he had gotten hit. 

 

“Be careful with him, Kyungsoo!” Junmyeon shouts angrily, stepping over to help his step-brother stand. He’s surprised to hear the man yell; he doesn’t seem the type to get mad much.

 

D.O glares at him. “I’m just doing my job.”

 

Junmyeon sighs and shakes his head. “Just don’t fight it, Sehun,” he mutters. And he doesn’t. When Lay comes up and grabs his hands, he allows him to. His step-brother snatches the cuffs and shoves them in his pocket before reaching over and grabbing rope. Sehun cringes when he’s tied by his wrists.

 

“Is that too tight?” Lay asks and Kai rolls his eyes.

 

“Tie it tighter, Lay! Stop being soft!”




 

"A-are...are you people..." Sehun tries to ignore the throbbing on his forehead and now in his wrists. "In a gang?"

 

Junmyeon glances at Baekhyun, who just stays silent and still. "I..." His stepbrother swallows hard. "Yeah..."

 

"And now that he knows that..." D.O whispers.

 

"I'm sorry, Suho," Lay apologizes again and takes a step back, letting D.O take his place.

 

"We can only keep him for a few days," Baekhyun finally speaks up, his voice barely a whisper. "He's usually not at home but when he is, he’s locked up in his room. No one will know he's here."

 

Kai nods. "Fine. Take him downstairs."

 

"Baek?” Sehun calls for him. “Baek!”

 

“Seriously, Kai? Is that necessary?!” Junmyeon argues. “It’s not-

 

“Take him downstairs!” Their boss interrupts before turning his back, not bothering to look at him any further.  His friend turns away as well, obviously upset. Sehun watches him until he's forced down some stairs at the far end of the warehouse. 

 

“J-just tell your boss I won’t say anything, o-okay?” Sehun laughs nervously.  "I don't even remember where this place was. A-all I was doing was following Junmyeon-"

 

"Shut it!" D.O snaps as he shoves Sehun forward, pushing him into what looks like a large jail cell with just a chair. Once inside, D.O sits him down and ties him so that his arms are once again pulled behind him but in a way so that he couldn't stand; his legs are also tied to the front legs of the seat. "Kai will come deal with you, soon."

 

"What?"

 

"Just be happy he won’t kill you." Sehun watches D.O slam and locks the door behind him. "And considering you're Suho's brother, he probably won't hurt you that bad."

 

"T-that bad?!"

 

D.O says nothing more before he walks back up the stairs, leaving Sehun to his agonizing thoughts. He feels so dan stupid. Why did he have to be so damn curious? He finally takes a look around the room. There’s a swinging dim light above him. It’s cold, dark, and it smells like...blood. He feels as if he’s about to cry when he notices the spots of dried blood under his feet; uncleaned to probably remind whoever is stuck here of what they’re capable of. Sehun swallows hard. What if he’s next?  What if it’s HIS blood that’ll stain the floor. Junmyeon and Baekhyun would never let that happen to him. Or at least, he doesn’t think so.

--------------------