Static

Rush v2

 

 

The sky outside looks as bleak and gray as Sehun feels; like an old tv forever tuned onto a channel of static. The only difference here is there’s no damn remote to change the channel. Maybe that’s what antidepressants are; remote controls. He sighs at the ceiling as these useless thoughts run through his mind. Sudden melancholy had forced him to take a five-hour nap and he’s now only waking up. He groggily swings his legs over the side of his bed, his toes touching the cold, wooden floors of his room. He still isn’t used to this new place yet. His father had remarried a month ago and they moved into his wife’s new home. He doesn’t understand why she didn’t just move into their place. She’s probably too stuck-up to be in such a ty hole. Not to mention the house just makes him sick in general, being planted right in the suburbs. 

 

A two-story white home that looks identical to its neighboring residences, aside from his step-mother’s precious rose garden out front and back. There’s way too many colours in this damn home, just on the walls themselves; baby pink, light green, sky blue. As well as a golden yellow in the halls that made Sehun want to gouge his eyes out. The disgusting flowery wallpaper that screams grandma or stuck-up . Luckily, she had the heart to let Sehun paint over the walls of his room; of his new sanctuary. The only place he feels safe.

 

Fully furnished, the room looks less strange and closer to a place he can really feel comfortable at; with navy blue walls and wooden floors. Even if they forced him to throw out his old bed and get him a new one, it still feels out of place. With its black and white bed frame. But, like his bed and other furniture, Sehun too is out of place. 

A knock on the door tears him from his thoughts. “Sehun, come downstairs. I want to introduce you to someone!” his father says, “And don’t ignore me! I know you can hear me over your damn music!” Sehun rolls his eyes before reaching over to his nightstand and turns off his music. He pulls a pair of jeans on and glances at himself in the mirror. He frowns as he runs his hand through his short, messy black hair in an attempt to fix it. Deciding there’s nothing he can do, he heads out and down the stairs. 

 

Entering the room, Sehun notices his father and step-mother sitting on one of the couches, a boy he briefly met at the wedding sitting in a chair beside him. He looks only a few years older than Sehun, maybe a college student, but his eyes and face hold a kindness and maturity he’s never seen before. 

 

“Sehun,” His so-called new step-mom greets. “This is my son, Junmyeon, your new brother!”

 

His blood boils when he hears that. He had a brother, why does he need a new one? He doesn’t even want a new ing other but his piece of father went off to get remarried. “I don’t care,” Sehun dismisses coldly.

 

“Sehun, be nice,” His father warns.

 

“Why?” He crosses his arms. “These people aren’t my new ing family! Mom and brother died and you’re already sticking your in something warm!”

 

"Sehun!" His father practically growls, standing up quickly. "You ungrateful child!"

 

He glares at his dad and before he can think, he’s shouting. “ you!” Sehun practically screams before running up the stairs and slamming his bedroom door. He turns his music up and falls onto his bed. He cries hard as he stares at his ceiling, his chest hurting with every breath he takes; wondering what the hell is wrong with him. Why is he so angry all of a sudden? He’s never yelled at his father before in the fear of getting hit. But every time he sees his father with this new woman, he can’t help but think about his mother and brother the died in that ing car two years back. He closes his eyes. He feels so tired all the time now. He doesn’t feel sad. He just feels...empty.



 

“Sehun?” Sehun rolls over, groaning as he slowly wakes up. He blinks a few times and looks at the time as he slowly sits up. “Sehun, are you awake?” 

 

When hearing it isn’t his stepmother or father, he feels relieved. “It’s unlocked,” He calls out, even if his throat is a bit dry. Junmyeon walks in with a plate, a glass of water, and a smile. “Your father insisted you go without dinner but I uh…” He chuckles as he sets the plate down on the nightstand. “I couldn’t stand by.”

 

“My father?” He scoffs as he picks up the food. “Of course he did.”

 

“I uh,” Junyeon sighs and sits beside Sehun on his bed, awkwardly. “My father died when I was a kid. No man can ever replace him.”

 

“Oh…”

 

“Sort of like your mother and brother,” He watches as Sehun eats. "Sehun, I'm not trying to replace anyone. But maybe we could at least be friends." he looks at his watch and gets up, suddenly seeming to be in a hurry. "Oh, I'm late! Sorry," He apologizes. "I have to go."

Sehun furrows his brows and looks at the clock. "At midnight?" He looks down at the man’s hands and that’s when he notices his red knuckles, almost as if he had beat someone. he watches him leave and closes the door after saying good night. 

 

Sehun sits there as he thinks about it, suddenly both very curious and nervous. Why are his hands like that? Did he hurt someone? He reaches over to turn off his light before going to his window and peeking out. He watches as Junmyeon tosses a duffle bag out of his window. Two men quickly come up to Junmyeon’s bedroom window and start to adjust a ladder below. The taller one holds it steady as his step-brother begins to slowly and quietly climb down it. 

 

“What the ?” Sehun whispers, squinting down at them. He watches as Junmyeon pulls on a jacket and the men refolding the ladder. He has to strain his ear to hear them speak. 

 

“We’re happy to see you, Suho,” one of them says.

 

“Yes, it’s good to see you two as well,” Junmyeon chuckles. Suho? Who the hell is Suho?

 

“Tell us all about your trip and…” Their voices get quieter as they walk away, leaving Sehun completely confused. He slowly sits back on his bed and looks down at his plate of food. 

 

“What the hell just happened?”

-----------------

I'm excited to be writing this again! This really needed a good revamp. So, I plan on adding more scenes, chapters, as well as filling in some plot holes I noticed. I might add more brutality, Sekai scenes, violence. ETC