Chap 3

To All The Dreams I've Loved

I went to my locker first, unpacking my backpack and taking only the practice book and my pencil case I would need for the first few periods of the day.

“Oh my gosh, here they come!” girls started squealing down the hall.

“They’re coming, they’re coming,” guys tried to look over the squealing girls.

“You’re not that happy this morning, what’s got our princess so down this morning?” Eunah, my best friend asked me as she leaned against the locker next to mine.

Unlike Gyuri, Eunah and I have been best friends since middle school and tell each other everything. We don’t hang out with each other everyday and give each other space but we’re still close and get one another. Social status wise, we’re nearly the same. Outside of school though Eunah shadows her father at their family company, being the only child she’s also the heir to the family business. With her busy schedule we never have the time to hang out outside of school. 

I sigh, “It’s Mark.”

“Good morning pretty ladies,” Donghae pressed his shoulder against Eunah’s to which she scoffed and merely shrugged him off.

“It’s them, it’s them!” more and more girls squealed and merged together. Camera shutters and flashes went on and off as the school’s two star basketball players made their way down the hall together, Haechan and Jeno. Girls wanted to date them and guys wanted to be them, if not date them also.

Haechan smiled and waved at every girl he saw. Every once and awhile he would do a hair flip that further exposed his neck he didn’t bother to cover up. The top three buttons of his uniform were ed, revealing his white v-cut neck shirt underneath.

Jeno was the opposite, he coldly stared ahead of him as they walked. The buttons to his uniform were all ed revealing his navy blue graphic tee he wore underneath. With both of his hands in his khaki uniform pants, it made his aura even more intimidating. 

As the two made their way up the stairs both girls and guys swooned after them. It was no surprise the two of them were popular being the stars of the school’s basketball team. The latter especially, being captain.

“Wah, did you two hear? We won last night’s game, 70-15,” Donghae reported.

“No shock there, our school is still undefeated,” Eunah shrugged. “Now back to the story, Hyeri, spill. What about Mark?” she pushed for me to answer. The two of them are cousins, so it’s only natural that Eunah would be curious.

Quickly I gave her a run down of what happened last night between Gyuri and I, doing my best to not break down into tears, still yet somehow a few tears managed to escape my eyes and down my cheeks.

“Awe, don’t cry, don’t cry,” Eunah pulled me into a hug, “That good for nothing cousin of mine will get it if it’s the last thing I do,” her eyes were burning with fire, “No one makes my adorable Hyri cry and gets away with it.”

“No,” I wiped away my tears, “It wasn’t his fault, if anything it’s mine for thinking that he might have feelings for me,” I began to sob in her arms. “He’s a good person and doesn’t deserve any hate or bad things happening to him,” I sniffled.

“Do you want to go to the bathroom to wash your face?” Eunah cupped my face in her hands.

I tried to seize my crying and nodded. 

The both of us turned to a hand holding up a small packet of tissues. Renjun stood in front of us and gave us a small smile.

I took the tissues from him, “Thanks,” I sniffled.

Eunah led me down the hall and to the bathroom where I patted my face with water. Afterwards I used the tissues to blow my nose.

“Are you feeling a bit better?” Eunah rubbed my back. I nodded and we both headed to class.

I sighed as I took my seat, a row in front and a few desks to my right was Mark’s seat. He was leaning over his desk diligently working in his workbook. Memories of us began to resurface and I could feel the tears threatening to spill from my eyes. Taking deep breaths I tried to calm myself. 

It’s okay, I’ll get over this. It’s no big deal. Just stop looking at him first and continue to focus on your breathing. Nope, I can’t do this.

I stood up from my seat and ran out of the classroom.