Chap 10

To All The Dreams I've Loved

“Hyeri? Oh! Hello!” Jaemin waved.

“Jae-jaemin?” I choked on the churro as Jaemin walked over towards Renjun and me.

Renjun patted my back and held out a water bottle, “Here drink this.”

I took a long sip of the water making sure to swallow carefully before speaking, “What are you doing here?”

“Well, someone wouldn’t take me to the amusement park, so I went with my friends,” Jaemin nodded his head to the corndog booth. Mark and Gyuri stood waiting in line together, both of them laughing at something.

“You, you’re friends with them?”

Jaemin nodded. I felt the color wash off my face as tears began to form at the back of my eyes.

“Excuse me,” I got up from the table and made a beeline for the nearest bathroom, accidentally making eye contact with both Mark and Gyuri as I did.

Well, this is a great way to end the day, in tears, if I say so myself.

As I got to the bathroom I began to fan my face so that the tears wouldn’t fall and ruin my makeup.

It’s okay, I’m hanging out with Renjun today and we’re having fun. I’m not going to let anyone ruin our day and I’m going to have fun regardless of who else is here.

“Hyeri? Everything okay?” Renjun called from outside of the bathroom.

“Yea! Perfectly fine!” I called out fanning my face.

“I’ll wait out here,” Renjun said.

“It’s fine! You can go back I’ll be right out!” I grabbed a paper towel and dabbed the corner of my eyes. I continued to dab my eyes and fan my face for a few minutes. Looking into the mirror I reapplied my lip tint and smiled into the mirror.

Everything will be okay, and I’m going to enjoy the rest of my day with Renjun.

I walked out of the bathroom and Renjun was leaning against the wall waiting.

As soon as he saw me he stood up straight, “Is everything alright?” he asked.

I flashed him a smile, “Yea, thanks for waiting. What should we do next?”

He frowned before giving me a smile back, “Are you sure you’re okay?”

I nodded, “Yea, nothing to worry about. Where do you want to go next?”

“I get to choose anywhere?” he asked.

I nodded again.

“Okay,” he smiled and grabbed my hand.

“I don’t know about this Renjun,” I held onto the railing. Instead of choosing another ride for us to go on, Renjun wanted to ice skate.

“It’ll be okay, come on,” he skated a bit backward.

I took small steps in my skate, slipping a little as I did, “I can’t skate,” I frowned. “I don’t want to do this anymore,” I whined.

“We’ve only been on the ice for a minute,” he chuckled.

I let go of the railing and took a step forward, nearly falling forward before I grabbed onto the railing again, “I’m not having fun.”

“Here take my hand,” he skated closer to me and held out both of his hands, “I’ll teach you,” he assured me.

Sighing I let go of the railing and held onto both of his hands.

“First put your feet into a V-shape. Your heels should be together, but not touching,” he instructed. I positioned my feet as he said to. “Now drag your right foot, then left,” he instructed as he moved his own feet backward. Slowly I moved my feet and we began to get farther away from the railing.

“Keep going,” his soft hands held onto mine, “You’re doing great. See, that wasn’t so bad right?” he stopped when we got to the center of the rink.

“Yea, I guess,” I looked around us, besides us, there were only a few others ice skating, everyone else was in line for the rides or food.

“Now, I’m going to let go okay?” he slowly let go of my hands.

“No, wait I’m not ready,” I stumbled to grab onto his hands again and fell forward. Before I fell over myself he reached out both of his hands to catch me.

“Oh my gosh,” I let out, I could feel both of my eyes had gotten larger and I had held in a breath to brace myself.

“Okay maybe you’re not ready yet,” he laughed.

“Hey this isn’t funny,” I slapped him across the chest.

“You’re right, it’s hilarious,” he burst out laughing.

“It’s not my fault I’ve never ice skated before,” I pouted.

“It’s okay, here hold onto me,” he helped me stand up straight and held my right hand. “Follow me,” he began to skate. Slowly I followed him, well mainly let him drag me. It took a while before I was able to get the hang of ice skating, despite that Renjun helped me the whole time, letting me hold onto him, and constantly encouraging me.

On the way home Renjun rode the bus with me and even walked me home even though I told him he didn’t have to, especially since he lived in the opposite direction, but he insisted on taking me home since he was the one who asked me to hang out.

“I had fun today,” I told him as we walked up the hill to my house.

“Me too,” he smiled.

“You don’t have to walk me all the way to my house,” I said.

He shook his head, “I want to.”

“Hyeri,” someone called as we walked up the hill. I looked up to see Jaemin standing in front of my house, he was leaning against the fence and stood up straight as we continued up the hill.

“I’ll see you at school,” I looked up at Renjun.

He nodded, “Yea, I’ll see you at school. Sweet dreams Hyeri,” he smiled.

“What are you doing here?” I stood in front of Jaemin.

“Why are you getting home so late?” he asked.

I checked my phone for the time, 10:30 pm, “It’s only 10:30, I’m home on time.”

He crinkled  his nose, “How was it?”

“How was what?”

“The date.”

“Oh you mean the hangout, it was fun,” I smiled thinking about all the memories I was able to make with Renjun today from the rides, the food and even ice skating.

Jaemin scoffed then put a hand on my head, “Just take me next time will you?”

I pushed his hand off my head, “You went with your friends today too,” I swallowed the lump that was beginning to form in my throat.

“Yea but I want to go with you too.”

“Jaemin,” my voice was coming out softer than usual, “How do you know Mark?”

“We’ve been friends for quite some time now, let’s see how did we meet,” he paused, “Everything alright?” he asked.

“Yea,” I nodded and gave him a smile, forcing that lump in my throat to go down.

“We just started playing online games together, been friends since,” he shrugged.

“How well do you two know each other?”

“We’re close.”

“Does he ever talk about me?”

He shook his head, “Not that I recall.”

“Oh, I see. Well night,” I gave Jaemin another smile before opening the gate to my house.

“Wait, Hyeri,” he called out as I rushed into my house.

Why’d I think that there was a possibility that I mattered even the slightest bit to Mark that he would talk about me to his other friends?


A/N: Hello everyone~ thank you for reading and please stay safe during this pandemic and make wise decisions. I'm currently struggling with my online classes, so my updates are not as frequent as I would like them to be, but don't worry I am working to update my stories. I will say for this story I have bits of future chapters already written, but I just have to piece them together and work on the buildup. Once again thank you for reading ^~^