Chap 6

To All The Dreams I've Loved

More worried about what had just happened I barely touched my lunch and made my way towards the art room where Eunah and Donghae would be.

“Eunah,” I cried as soon as I saw her.

She looked up from the clay pottery in her hand and the pottery wheel slowed as she did, “Why aren’t you eating lunch?” she pointed her chin to my boxed lunch.

“I-I goofed,” I cried and pulled a chair up next to her. Quickly I whispered to her the incident that just happened between Jeno and I.

“Hahaha, that’s hilarious,” Eunah laughed waking up Donghae that was on her other side.

He quickly snapped up in his seat, “Huh? What happened?” he yawned.

Eunah shook her head at him then turned back to me, “I don’t think you have anything to worry about if anything he kind of deserved it with how he always acts. Like we get it you’re the captain of the basketball team that made it to Nationals last year and might make it again this year, but that doesn’t give you the right to be snobby. The least he could do is be like Haechan and greet people in the morning.”

“Aren’t the two of you cousins?” I recalled her telling me how she had a cousin that was on the basketball team.

“Yea, but that doesn’t change the fact that he’s a . He wasn’t like this when he was little, he was cute back then, now his head is too big for his body and those fangirls are boosting his ego way too much. That should do it,” she stopped the pottery wheel and took one last look at her newly formed vase.

“I think you’re just saying that because you’re uncomfortable trying to date him because you’re cousins,” Donghae yawned again.

“No, because if I did I wouldn’t be interested in you,” Eunah muttered under her breath.

“What?” Donghae perked up from his seat.

“Nothing,” Eunah rolled her eyes. We watched Eunah as she cleaned up the area she was using. “I don’t think you have anything to worry about,” Eunah shrugged at me.

“Don’t leave me during lunch anymore please,” I pleaded.

“So long as I’m able to finish all my work.”

Luckily over the next few days, no one had spoken about the incident between Jeno and I, at least not that I heard. Thankfully I hadn’t seen him since the incident either.

I was at my locker unloading my backpack when Eunah came next to me, “Bad news today Hyeri,” she pouted.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Donghae’s out sick today and business calls,” she held up her phone, “I have a meeting at the company later today, I’ll have to leave before lunch.”

“No.”

She put a hand on my head, “Yes, my poor Hyeri will have to have lunch by herself again today. I’ll buy you a fruit tart to make it up to you. I’ll also take you to the party next weekend,” she winked.

I sighed, “Eunah you know how I feel about parties.” Although I enjoyed drinking with my friends and living the normal life of a teenager by going to a few parties here and there, I didn’t exactly like the parties that Eunah had dragged me to. All the parties consisted of teenagers, with no adult in sight, all drinking in the darking and dancing on each other as strobe lights flashed throughout the room. The air was filled with sweat and even smoke from those who chose to smoke indoors instead of going outside to take a quick puff.

“Okay but you can use this party to drink away your sorrows about you know who.”

I sighed once more, drinking as a coping mechanism wasn’t exactly my plan because I was afraid of the consequences it would have on my health. But the genuine caring look Eunah had in her eyes were more than enough to convince me, “Fine, but I’m getting ready at your house.”

“Deal,” she smiled.

When lunchtime came I sat by myself on the stone steps overlooking the soccer field. I watched the boys run around the field kicking the ball back and forth as I was eating my egg potato salad sandwich. I was focused on watching the boys and eating my sandwich until a carton of orange juice was dropped onto my lap. I looked up to see where it came from and was met with Jeno who was standing and looking out onto the field.

He must’ve sensed that I was staring at him because he made a fist and cleared his throat.

“Can I sit?” he broke the silence between us.

“Mhm,” I nodded my head and looked back down at my sandwich as he began to unwrap his own sandwich.

Silence fell between us again.

“I-,” the both of us started at the same time, “you first,” we both said in unison.

“You go first,” he stared at me.

I gulped, “I’m sorry about your shirt. I didn’t mean to spill my drink all over you.”

He shrugged, “Is your head okay?” he inched towards my face.

I inched my head away from him and nodded.

He moved back and asked, “Do you always have lunch alone?”

I shook my head, “I usually eat with Eunah and Donghae but Eunah had to leave early and Donghae’s sick today.”

“Should we eat together then? During lunch that is, if you’re okay with it.”

Taken aback I paused, did the Lee Jeno ask to have lunch with me?

I nodded, “Mhm,” taking a closer look at his lunch I saw that all he had brought was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a water bottle, “Is that all you brought?” I asked.

“Yea, I didn’t have much time to pack anything this morning with basketball practice so early in the morning,” he sighed.

I grabbed the other half of my sandwich I hadn’t touched yet and held it out to him, “Have half of mine.”

He took it from my hand and smiled making his eyes turn into moon crescents, “Thank you.”

At that moment my heart melted a bit. Truth is I had a major crush on Jeno at one point, being the captain of the basketball team and most popular male at school it was hard not to, every girl has a crush on him. Not to mention his looks were a big plus. His dyed platinum blonde hair and toned arms that he showed off at basketball games made girls swoon for him. It’s every girl’s dream at school to have his jersey for even just one day. All the girls on the girl’s basketball team fight to have the same jersey number as his that the coaches were tired of the bickering and fighting that they banned anyone else from getting the same jersey number as him. His signature eye smile melted the hearts of everyone and made him stand out the most out of all the guys at school. The cold front he put up in front of everyone gave him a mysterious aura, except Eunah says otherwise. In romance mangas and animes, Jeno would be the type to be casted the role as Romeo in the play Romeo and Juliet, even though it seems out of character it suits him perfectly. His looks are that of a prince charming, while his actions are of a white knight, always ready to save a damsel in distress. He’d also be the main character that hates the protagonist, or at least he fakes it and secretly loves her, protecting her from afar.

“Is there a reason you like orange juice?” he asked breaking me out of my daze.

I shook my head, “I just like it. It’s like when you have a favorite color and can’t really explain why you like that color compared to other colors.”

He nodded as he took a bite into his sandwich.

“Orange juice or apple juice?” I asked him.

“Apple juice.”

My nose crinkled, “Orange juice is the superior juice.”

“Pancakes or waffles?” he asked me.

“Pancakes of course!”

He shook his head, “Waffles.”

“Pancakes are fluffier.”

“Waffles are cooler, they’re essentially pancakes but with abs,” he chuckled.


A/N: Hello~ here to say that To All The Boys I've Loved: PS I Still Love You, the sequel to To All the Boys I've Loved Before is now out on Netflix and you should go watch it! I've watched it twice now and cried both times T^T