Chap 7

To All The Dreams I've Loved

For the remaining duration of lunch, Jeno and I went back and forth with asking each other random questions.

The next day I had texted him telling him that I would be eating with Eunah and Donghae in the cafeteria.

We had sat down at our usual table at the center of the cafeteria.

“So what I was thinking that we were to the party was leg garters that hook onto your shorts and matching mesh tops,” Eunah said as she picked up a piece of rice.

I shook my head, “The garters sound like a cute idea but I don’t like mesh, it gets too itchy.”

“Or you could wear jeans,” Donghae suggested.

Eunah and I shook our heads at the same time.

“They’re coming!” girls squealed as the cafeteria doors opened. Jeno and Haechan cooly walked in along with a mass of girls that followed them.

Eunah scoffed, “Way to ruin our peaceful lunch.”

I rolled my eyes, “He’s not that bad.”

“Not that bad?” she asked as a tray clinked against the table. Jeno pulled the chair out from the table and plopped himself down, Haechan following him, taking the seat on his right.

“Speak of the devil,” Eunah mumbled.

“Annyeong,” Haechan brightly waved at each of us.

“Hello to you too cousin,” Jeno looked up at Eunah for a second then back down at his food.

“Exactly what are you doing?” Eunah asked.

“What does it look like? Eating lunch,” Jeno took a sip from his glass of apple juice, “Eat up,” he picked up an egg roll from his plate and place it onto mine.

The cafeteria fell silent for eternity when in reality it was about 10 seconds. Even Haechan who was always the talkative one paused mid-sentence as he was talking to Donghae.

“Thanks,” I said, then the talking around us started again.

The table was fine for the next few minutes with Donghae and Haechan talking up a storm to one another. Jeno just sat there and silently ate his lunch. Every minute or so I would peak a glance at him, or at my phone to reply to Renjun who was texting me about the plans for Saturday.

“So, the party next week,” Eunah started again, “what shoes are you going to wear?”

“You two are going to the party next weekend?” Haechan chirped.

I nodded my head as Eunah rolled her eyes once more.

“Wah, we should share a drink then yes?” Haechan’s eyes sparkled.

Eunah scoffed and stood from her seat, taking her tray into her hands and going to the converter belt to dispose of her tray. Jeno and Donghae looked up in surprise at Eunah’s sudden exit.

“Excuse me,” I bowed my head to Jeno and Haechan and followed after Eunah.

Following Eunah back to the classroom, I asked, “Is everything alright?”

“Ugh no, I just can’t stand their fangirls.”

“Fangirls?”

“Yea, did you not notice how half of the cafeteria was staring our way?”

“Just for a second,” I thought back to when the whole cafeteria fell silent.

“Well I’m not trying to turn this into a kdrama where you become the damsel in distress, so promise me you won’t get into Jeno and his fangirls?”

Without thinking I nodded my head and Eunah sighed of relief.