Chap 15

To All The Dreams I've Loved

The next day went by quickly, it was the day of the party.

“Dad I’m going to a party tonight!” I told my dad the morning of just as he was leaving for work.

“Is Jaemin going with you?” he asked.

I sighed, “No Dad, it’s a school party and Jaemin wasn’t invited, can’t exactly bring him either.”

“Alright,” he put on his coat and grabbed his briefcase, “Make sure to stay safe and come home at a reasonable time. Songhi I made lunch and dinner in the fridge, make sure to heat it up before you eat it!” he blew me a kiss from the door before leaving.

Around 8 pm Eunah had come over to my house to get ready with me. We blasted music in my room as we got ready. I wore the light blue chiffon suspender skirt and white Peter Pan collared shirt Eunah had picked out for me along with sandals as Haechan recommended.

Eunah continued to dab blush on my cheeks, “Almost finished,” she muttered.

“Don’t you think it’s a bit much?” I asked.

She shook her head, “Nope not at all, now pucker up,” she held out a coral lipstick and I did as she told me as she applied the color across my lips.

I snapped my pearl beaded hairpin onto my hair and took one last look into the mirror.

“You look cute today!” Eunah looked over at me in the mirror as she applied her orange lip tint.

I tugged down on my skirt a bit, “Really?”

“Yes,” she gave me a smile, “All eyes will be on you.”

“Are you ready?” Eunah asked me, we were outside the house where the party was held.

I took in a deep breath and shook my head.

“Breath and don’t worry you have me and Donghae,” she put a hand on my shoulder.

“Where is he?” I looked around the front yard to see no one.

“Inside already, now relax,” she linked her arm with mine and pulled me to the front door.

Teens were everywhere when we had entered. Everyone had a red solo cup in their hand or a soda can. Lights strung from the walls and dimly lit the place. From the front door, you could see the backyard that was filled with more people and a pool.

“Eunah! You finally made it!” a male came up to us.

“Yup nice place you have here Seungmin,” Eunah greeted the male.

“Oh you’re giving me too much credit, it’s my parents' place but they’re out of town this weekend so I have the whole place to myself,” he winked.

“Seungmin, meet my friend Hyeri, and Hyeri this is Seungmin,” Eunah introduced the two of us to each other.

“Nice to meet you,” I stuck my hand out for him to shake.

He took my hand, “Same to you. Listen I gotta get back to my game,” he motioned over at a table where a group of teens were playing beer pong, “But the food’s in the kitchen, help yourselves, drinks are in the coolers and in the fridge. Also the jungle juice is amazing,” he held up his red solo cup at us as he walked backwards to rejoin the teens playing beer pong.

“Come on,” Eunah dragged me to the kitchen where more teens were.

“Oh you took my advice,” Haechan waved at us, he was sitting on the countertop, eating a slice of cheese pizza, “You look cute,” he smiled.

Eunah scoffed, “Great you’re here too.”

“Came for the food,” he held up the pizza slice in his hand and gave us a grin. “Want a slice?” he opened up the pizza box next to him.

“I’m good,” Eunah walked past him and grabbed an empty cup, walking towards the punch bowl to pour herself a cup.

“You should eat first before drinking!” Haechan called after her. “Do you want a slice?” he turned to me, “There’s supreme, or pepperoni too.”

I nodded, “Pass me a plate.”

He smiled and hopped off the counter, grabbing a paper plate for me and opening the other pizza boxes.

I grabbed the paper plate from him and took two slices of supreme pizza.

“Wait here,” he instructed me. He turned towards the fridge and grabbed a water bottle out of it before taking his own plate and leading me to the staircase. “You won’t have much luck finding a seat to comfortably eat,” he took a seat in the middle of the staircase and opened the water bottle, holding it out to me.

I took a seat next to him and took the water bottle from him, “Thanks,” I took a bite from my pizza.

“So what made you come to tonight’s party?” he asked in between bites.

“Eunah,” I sighed, “She wanted me to come and so here I am.”

He nodded, “I’m glad you came though.”

“Thanks, I guess,” I took another bite of my pizza, “Can I ask, how come Eunah doesn’t seem to like you? She’s never really told me.”

Haechan shrugged his shoulders and took a sip of his own water, “Could be because I’m Jeno’s best friend. I don’t know, I never really thought of fixing my relations with her, I don’t have any problems with her, so I don’t see any reason for me to try to fix things.”

“How are you two friends?” I asked him.

“What do you mean?” he turned to me.

“Well I mean you two seem like polar opposites, you’re the happy, friendly one and he’s the cold, stern one.”

He chuckled, “Yea, we really are, but he’s a good guy, we complete each other really. You like eating crust?” he asked, changing the subject.

I shook my head.

“Yeah me neither,” he scrunched his nose up as he threw the crust in his hand back onto his plate and started eating another slice.

“Speaking of Jeno, is he not here?” I scanned the room but didn’t see him insight.

“Nope, he’s taking some time to cool off after yesterday’s game, I don’t know what got into him, heck no one does.”

I nodded, “Explains why his fangirls aren’t loud,” the usual group of girls that were part of his fan club sat in a circle, talking to each other in the guest room.

“Are parties usually this boring now?” I asked looking around us to see students chatting to one another, if not they were playing party games, some trying to outdrink the other, while a group was settled around the tv, it was just playing a DJ that no one was paying attention to.

Haechan sighed, “Sometimes, one thing’s for sure though unlike this pizza, you can’t be topped,” he cheekily smiled.

“What?” I asked, he said it so smoothly, but out of context.

He burst out laughing causing me to laugh as well, “It was just to lighten up the mood, don’t be so serious Hyeri. Don’t you ever just want to let loose?”

I had to force myself to stop laughing, from how contagious his laugh was, “No, I don’t,” I shook my head.

“Well you should try it, some moments are meant to be lived in freely, without care,” he drank his water.

“What do you want to do in the future?” I asked him.

He shrugged, “I haven’t thought much about it, I mean I want to be able to have a family one day, have a decent job, be able to provide for them. How I’m going to get there, no clue, but I’m taking things one at a time.”

“Doesn’t it ever worry you? Not knowing what to do in the future?”

He shook his head, “You worry too much,” he tapped a finger against my forehead, “Worry less, live in the present,” he smiled. We continued talking to each other on the staircase even after we had finished eating. At one point Haechan had snuck a whole box out of the kitchen for us to share along with a bottle of ranch from the fridge.

“Would you drink a whole bottle of ranch by itself?” Haechan asked.

“Ew no, as much as I like ranch on my pizza and on my salad, no, that’s just too much. Would you?”

“Yea, in fact I’ll down it right now,” he grabbed the bottle and was about to squirt it into his mouth when I took it from his hand.

“After we finish the pizza please.”


A/N: Hello~ sorry for the very late update, but thank you if you're still reading. I started summer school recently so that's been taking up my time, not only that but I've also had writer's block for To All The Dreams I've Loved for the past few weeks and pretty recently I've officially lost my muse. Some parts that I write and even some of the characters are based on some of the events that have happened and people in my life. I guess writing this fanfic has become a way for me to cope and try to heal myself. I do have some chapters I've already written in advance so don't worry I'll get to publishing those, but I don't want to just yet until I'ver perfected them to their full potential. Also sorry if this chapter seemed like a filler, but I really want to build Hyeri's relationship with each of the boys instead of rushing to introduce every member. If you're still reading this long a/n thank you!